Dutch

Who is your favorite videogame developer?

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite videogame developer of all time?

• Nintendo
    • Squaresoft
    • Ubisoft
    • Bioware
    • Capcom
    • Naughty Dog
    • Bethesda
    • Rockstar
    • Sony
    • Sonic Team (Sega)
    • Bungie
    • Epic Games
    • Namco
    • Konami
    • Blizzard
    • LucasArts
    • Activision
    • EA (lol)

As far as success, Nintendo definitely takes the cake but I had to side with Squaresoft. They completely changed the RPG world and made it their own. Squaresoft games had amazing story telling with hours and hours of immersive game play. I loved the diverse approaches to their battle systems throughout the years and magic systems. It's pretty hard not to pick Nintendo because of the countless games I've played but I probably enjoyed RPGs more than anything. RPGs definitely satisfied my gaming appetite and I appreciated the depth of the games. Not to mention Squaresoft produced my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy VII.

In order:

1. Squaresoft

2. Nintendo

3. Sega

4. Blizzard - World of Warcraft only

5. Capcom

6. Bioware

7. Bethesda

8. Rockstar

9. Sony

10. Activision - Call of Duty

Edited by dutchff7

It's between Bioware and Bethesda for me and I really cannot decide.

R* for now. Bioware was awesome before EA stepped in.

Once upon a time, it was Squaresoft, hands down. Lately, Ubisoft is probably number one for me. Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, the good Prince of Persia games, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6.

Once upon a time, it was Squaresoft, hands down. Lately, Ubisoft is probably number one for me. Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, the good Prince of Persia games, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 6.

Yeah, Squaresoft/Squareenix wasn't the same after the creator left after Final Fantasy 10. I went with Squaresoft strictly off of old school accomplishments. because they have some of my favorite games of all time and were the pioneers of RPG. Solely nostalgia.

Edited by dutchff7

When I started gaming, Squaresoft. Then it became Square-Enix and somehow both companies got worse (because Enix had some pretty damn good games too). Right now I've been playing a lot of Atlus games, but they just got bought out by SEGA. So... Sega? hmmm... Maybe it's Eidos. Deus Ex series, Just Cause 2, the Timesplitter Series (one of the few shooters I've actually enjoyed). Though again, they're technically a subdivision of Square.

Tough choices...

Tough one for me but its between Blizzard and Bethesda.

Blizzard. War Craft 3 and WoW are EASILY near the top of my favorite video game list. I played the SHIT out of WC3. Side note: They also have great customer service.

Bethesda. Partial Maryland bias here, but Fallout New Vegas is my favorite xbox game of all time. Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion....all quality there.

EA deservedly gets a bad rap but I still love my NHL and FIFA games...have to get them every year.

When I started gaming, Squaresoft. Then it became Square-Enix and somehow both companies got worse (because Enix had some pretty damn good games too). Right now I've been playing a lot of Atlus games, but they just got bought out by SEGA. So... Sega? hmmm... Maybe it's Eidos. Deus Ex series, Just Cause 2, the Timesplitter Series (one of the few shooters I've actually enjoyed). Though again, they're technically a subdivision of Square.

Tough choices...

Squaresoft/Enix sucked after the creator of the Final Fantasy series left.

Tough one for me but its between Blizzard and Bethesda.

Blizzard. War Craft 3 and WoW are EASILY near the top of my favorite video game list. I played the SHIT out of WC3. Side note: They also have great customer service.

Bethesda. Partial Maryland bias here, but Fallout New Vegas is my favorite xbox game of all time. Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion....all quality there.

EA deservedly gets a bad rap but I still love my NHL and FIFA games...have to get them every year.

I've been playing World of Warcraft for 8 years now and haven't been able to fully let go. However, that's the only Blizzard game I can vouch for. Haven't played any other titles.

Edited by dutchff7

All-time is probably Squaresoft. Just so many great games, including the G.O.A.T. Chrono Trigger.

Present-gen: I really like Quantic Dream, even though I've only played one game of theirs. Hopefully Beyond: Two Souls doesn't disappoint.

• Upvote 1

As a huge BF fan, I'd say DICE... but I don't really know. They've had some douchebag moves on behalf of EA that have pissed me off, and removing mods from the BF series is shit.

What vin said about Quantic Dream. Ubisoft and Bethesda for reasons listed above. I'll vote for Capcom for Street fighter and because Dragons Dogma was actually pretty good.

Owned all these Konami games at one time.

batmanreturns-label.jpg

contra3thealienwars-label.jpg

sunsetriders-label.jpg

tinytoonadventuresbusterbustsloose-label

tmnt4turtlesintime-label.jpg

tmnttournamentfighters-label.jpg

zombiesatemyneighbors-label.jpg

I would have to go with Bethesda because the Elder Scrolls is my favorite game series of all time. They are followed very, very closely by Ubisoft based solely on the awesomeness of the Assassin's Creed games, which are my current favorite games.

• Upvote 1

It's not even really that close for me...

Naughty Dog

They've made my favorite games to date with the Uncharted series and The Last of Us.

Then there's EA (Battlefield series) and Infinity Ward/Treyarch (Call of Duty series) tied for second place, for me.

I will concede that The Last Of Us is probably the best all-around video game that I have ever played, but I was never able to get into the Uncharted games, for some reason.

Ah, crap.

I completely forgot about Ubisoft for the Assassin's Creed series. Thanks, Chia. lol

I'd have to put Ubisoft at #2 for me and move EA's and Infinity Ward's/Treyarch's tie down to #3.

Damn it. My pictures. Guess my favorite is Konami then.

Sunset Riders

Turtles in Time

Zombies ate my Neighbors

TMNT Tournament Fighters

Batman Returns

Contra III: The Alien Wars

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!

Edited by Bay