Sign in to follow this  
Turry

Several teams are making offers for Nicks

According to CBS Sports, several teams are preparing trade offers for Giants WR Hakeem Nicks.

With the Giants at 0-6 and Nicks' contract up after this year, GM Jerry Reese should be open to dealing. Jason La Canfora hears the G-Men could get a third-round pick for their talented 25-year-old wideout, even if it's just a "rental" for the rest of this season. Teams reportedly holding internal discussions include the 49ers and Falcons, while the Patriots, Lions and Ravens could also show interest. Rueben Randle is a weekly low-end WR3 right now, but could be a strong WR2 weekly if Nicks gets dealt ahead of the Oct. 29 deadline.
Source: CBS Sports

The Patriots would get the most out of Nicks imo and would be the most rewarding.

He would put the Ravens back on the contender map right away, though. Ozzie needs to do this and sign Nicks to an extension right away. With his piss poor production so far, that should knock some leverage out of his negotiations.

Don't care, he's not the crucial piece any team needs. I wouldn't mind if the Chiefs dumped some pieces to get him though. :D

Wouldn't we likely get a 3rd-round compensatory pick depending on who we sign if we just let him walk in free agency, anyways?

Edited by BLUE

Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots Patriots

We have to get him.

Edited by BradyFan81

Patriots need a new centre and Ryan Mallet to put his hands under that centre's ass.

Wouldn't we likely get a 3rd-round compensatory pick depending on who we sign if we just let him walk in free agency, anyways?

It all depends on the size of the contract Nicks would sign, playing time, and if that team makes the postseason. It's a weird formula that also depends on if the Giants are active enough in that free agency year to "make up" for the loss.

But if we were to talk hypotheticals, if the Giants lost Nicks in free agency and did not sign any big names I'd be shocked if they didn't get fourth round compensatory selection. A 3rd may be too high, but like I said before it's a weird undisclosed formula so I guess there's no telling really.

I know the compensatory picks formula is complicated, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possiblity that we'd get a 3rd.

I don't know. I'm not averse to trading him, but I just wouldn't feel good about giving him up for a 3rd.

Just keep him out of the NFC West please...

• Upvote 1

I know the compensatory picks formula is complicated, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possiblity that we'd get a 3rd.

I don't know. I'm not averse to trading him, but I just wouldn't feel good about giving him up for a 3rd.

Couldn't hurt to listen to some offers. Maybe somebody over pays for the guy.