Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Guest Phailadelphia

Because there would be other players to go with them as well...

Depth>Love on the Bulls.

As a Thunder fan you should know a thing or two about depth>stars :troll:

Since when is depth better than all-star talent? When is the last time a team without two legit All-Stars/All-NBA players won or even played in the Finals?

You guys are underestimating how much leverage the Wolves have. Again--they have the asset, and they still have him until February unless someone gives a decent offer for him, which hasn't happened yet. Not the kind of offer they could (and would) get if they were a more established franchise. They're in a huge market, population wise, but have been run down by poor management. It's too bad, but so many of you are used to non-major teams getting boned in trades. This doesn't have to happen, if the Wolves are patient. The Warriors will either give up Thompson, or the Cavs will give up Wiggins.

Both of these teams seem to think they need Love to reach another level, when it fact he could very easily set them back. He would absolutely set the Warriors back. The Cavs would likely be fine because LeBron would get the best out of him, but when all is said and done, the Wolves should hold out for one of these two pieces, and if they don't get them, they shouldn't accept a deal in which they get boned.

I know that league history only has a few anomalies in terms of smaller market teams not getting boned (Memphis when they traded Pau, but feel free to admit that you, like the rest of us, thought they got boned at the time).

The Wolves have all the leverage because they have what everyone wants.

Flip Saunders is looney tunes if he thinks Bulls are trading Noah for Love. Part of me thinks the Wolves owner wants to keep Love and hopes he can convince him to stay. The team trading for Love is taking a huge risk of him just bolting anyways once the season is over. So 1 you need him to agree to his player option to buy the Wolves more time like Howard did for the Magic and 2 your gonna need to trust Love's word.

Edited by OhioSportsFan

Reports are coming out that Ray Allen is leaning towards the Cavs, Would love this a lot Allen brings a lot of vet experience to a really young team, plus his presence off the bench and his 3 point game would be essential.

Flip Saunders is looney tunes if he thinks Bulls are trading Noah for Love. Part of me thinks the Wolves owner wants to keep Love and hopes he can convince him to stay. The team trading for Love is taking a huge risk of him just bolting anyways once the season is over. So 1 you need him to agree to his player option to buy the Wolves more time like Howard did for the Magic and 2 your gonna need to trust Love's word.

No, I'm pretty sure Kevin Love said himself that he wouldn't be traded to a team that he isn't comfortable making a long term signing. Besides idk why any team would go through w/ the trade unless the Wolves extended his contract before the trade. That'd be stupid as hell.

I saw Jameer Nelson signed with the Mavs, cool for him to go back to a playoff team. I have nothing but respect for him and I can see him easily taking a job within the Magic organization after he retires. :yep:

I think the rumors for Love out of Chicago are generally for putting the pressure on the Cavs to up their offer. I can't see us giving up that many for Love.

Seeing how we were unwilling to give up for Melo (better player), I don't see why we'd go all in for a player who could just bolt after one year.

Too much risk.

I think the rumors for Love out of Chicago are generally for putting the pressure on the Cavs to up their offer. I can't see us giving up that many for Love.

Seeing how we were unwilling to give up for Melo (better player), I don't see why we'd go all in for a player who could just bolt after one year.

Too much risk.

It wasn't that we were unwilling it was that we couldn't. Seeing as nobody would take Boozer, we offered him everything we possibly could. Wasn't enough. Iirc we offered him a 2 year contract with player option ($15M/y) at the end of 2 to max it out for the final 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9Ei7FGQgg

So now I see that oochy already posted this.

:(

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11271524/lebron-james-go-back-no-23-cleveland-cavaliers-return

Sixteen days after he decided to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James has finally picked his number.

At around 1 p.m. ET Sunday on his Instagram account, James announced he would go back to wearing No. 23. He also shared the link on his Twitter account.

Three minutes later, Adidas spokeswoman Madeline Breskin confirmed that the company had begun setting up the machines for a production run on its 20 automated printers at its sports licensing facility in Indianapolis.

Blake Lundberg, vice president of the facility, said it will be shipping jerseys and James No. 23 T-shirts out to more than 140 accounts in the next 48 hours.

Adidas would not say how many jerseys would have to be made but confirmed that Cavaliers jerseys were initially sold out in home, away and alternate replicas. Pre-orders had begun July 11, the day James announced his return to Cleveland, and the company had to account for how many blank Cavaliers jerseys were left over since most jerseys are made in China and take at least a month by boat to arrive in the United States.

James wore the No. 23 from his rookie season in 2003-04 to the 2009-10 season, his initial stint with the Cavaliers, but he switched to his Olympic No. 6 when he went to the Miami Heat. James' number change at the time, he said, was partly to help the league honorMichael Jordan by permanently retiring his number across the league.

That never happened.

Four veteran players currently wear No. 23: Jason Richardson (Philadelphia 76ers),Draymond Green (Golden State Warriors), Anthony Davis (New Orleans Pelicans) and Kevin Martin (Minnesota Timberwolves).

James has led league jersey sales for six of the 11 seasons he has played in the NBA.

Ha if you burnt your #23 James jersey the pain is real. Mine can come out of retirement

I wish Lebron would've picked 6, just to make every shitty Cleveland fan buy another jersey

I honestly don't blame them for being upset in the moment when LeBron left. They got over it pretty quickly and handled it well after the initial shitfest, especially considering they've been absolute dogshit in the 4 years LeBron was chilling in Miami.

I honestly don't blame them for being upset in the moment when LeBron left. They got over it pretty quickly and handled it well after the initial shitfest, especially considering they've been absolute dogshit in the 4 years LeBron was chilling in Miami.

I will always, always, always remember The Lyin' King

Nice to see the Sixers involved in every rumor to acquire young talent and draft picks and move expiring contracts. I wonder if Hinkie could somehow land Wiggins or something in a 3 team deal. Would Thad and a 1 be enough?

Waiters mad. Really glad to see Rose back at it.

D-Rose shouldn't make this team in my opinion. USA has Lillard, Kyrie, and Curry who can play PG and Kyrie and Curry are flexible and can play the two if needed. No room for Rose honestly.

Edited by JetsFan4Life
  • Downvote 1

Healthy D-Rose is slightly better than Lillard...but much better than Kyrie. Curry is better than Rose IMO.

But get outta here with that Kyrie love...Duke Boy.

Healthy D-Rose is slightly better than Lillard...but much better than Kyrie. Curry is better than Rose IMO.

But get outta here with that Kyrie love...Duke Boy.

I never said Kyrie was BETTER than Rose. My point is that Kyrie can also play the 2 well if need be and I think Team USA wants flexibility. Also let's not forget that Kyrie played for Coach K so he might play some favoritism.

Guest Phailadelphia

I feel terrible for Paul George. That's a gruesome injury. Poor guy.

Can't even watch that more than once. Hate Paul George but that was horrifying.