Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Derrick Rose is far from done in Chicago or the NBA. Realize that a repairable meniscus tear is MUCH better than the alternative that requires removal. He'll be fine. This isn't a major injury like the ACL was. It's just an injury that requires significant recovery time. A removed meniscus will keep you out for awhile, but not an extended period, but it's also not a great circumstance for whichever knee it was removed from. Bulls fans should be thankful that it was repairable, even if it means sacrificing one season.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Derrick Rose is far from done in Chicago or the NBA. Realize that a repairable meniscus tear is MUCH better than the alternative that requires removal. He'll be fine. This isn't a major injury like the ACL was. It's just an injury that requires significant recovery time. A removed meniscus will keep you out for awhile, but not an extended period, but it's also not a great circumstance for whichever knee it was removed from. Bulls fans should be thankful that it was repairable, even if it means sacrificing one season.

Medically speaking it's repairable. Yes. Not sure if you watched Rose at all this year, but you could obviously see that he did not trust his knee. It's more mental than it is physical for him...and with serious injuries happening with both knees...one could only imagine the mental hurdles he'll have to overcome to come back next year. Mentally, I know he wants to play, but at the same time, he has to trust himself through these injuries...he struggled in every game this year, afraid to make contact and settling for jumpers that he couldn't hit.

It's hard to be thankful when your teams best player is consistently hurt and literally taking the team out of contention alone with his injuries...and it's not like we can just go out and get someone...because there's no money. Rose, Deng, Boozer, and Noah are the soul of this team and Rose is far and above the one that carries this team. I love Rose...but he has far more work to do than just rehab, needs to get his mind right before next season IMO.

On the bright side, at least the first injury should be more than fine next year. Physically I doubt Rose will have many problems when it's finally time for him to play again, but it's the aforementioned mental aspect that he'll still have to overcome. His career is certainly up in the air as of right now.

Again, TERRANCE JONES.

Also, it is absolutely awesome that someone kicked Chris Paul in the face. The best play the league has seen since Jason Smith decked Blake Griffin. These two players ask for this shit. Griffin's getting better, which you can see on the court. He doesn't bitch nearly as much anymore, and I hope that's Doc Rivers' influence. Chris Paul, on the other hand, is always kicking and hitting guys under the radar and is easily the dirtiest player in the NBA. Someone could hit him with a haymaker and I would call it justified. He's just a little bitch.

Paul was like that in college too. Gave Julius Hodge a low blow.

Serge Ibaka owns the Spurs.

Fucking right. Outside of the stinker in SA on the first game of last season, he's utterly destroyed them. He and Reggie ate them the fuck up and it was nice to see them put an end to the Spurs' win streak despite a dreadful night from Westbrook and a down night for KD (by his standards). Lamb and Reggie are impressing me this year.

I'm just glad someone beat the Spurs. What they do defies basketball logic and gets more impressive by the year.

Guest Phailadelphia

Did you read the story about how bad teams are kind of happy to get their asses whipped by the Spurs due to the aura Pop and the team has created through their greatness and consistency? It's nuts. It reminds me of the international basketball tournament a year ago when the foreign players were trying to get KD and company's autographs before and after games.

I haven't seen that article, no, but that would certainly be an interesting read.

Now that my Rockets are playing better and are giving the right Power Forward the starting minutes he deserves, I can't wait to see the first Houston/SA matchup. Dwight and Duncan. Jones and whoever the hell is playing center for SA. Gonna be great stuff if Harden is healthy.

Can't wait to see Houston demolish Brooklyn tonight. :)

Kidd is gonna get fired pretty quickly. But I think he can be a good coach after getting his feet wet as an assistant.

As for the Spurs, every year feels like it should be the last and the door has closed. That is quickly dispelled every year.

I'm not saying Jared Sullinger is the next or will ever be as good as Kevin Love, but his game reminds me a ton of Kevin Love. Starting to become a deadly 3 point shooter out of the pick and pop, great rebounder, soft hands, and great touch around the basket.

Josh Smith needs to GTFO. I cannot believe there were Pistons fans cheering his addition on like it was a good thing. This man can't shoot, and his lack of awareness makes his defense the worst. Sorry ass addition is sorry.

• Upvote 1

Rockets/Spurs tomorrow night :rock:

Edited by BwareDWare94

Josh Smith needs to GTFO. I cannot believe there were Pistons fans cheering his addition on like it was a good thing. This man can't shoot, and his lack of awareness makes his defense the worst. Sorry ass addition is sorry.

Dumb fans always cheer big name FA acquisitions. lol

Pistons should trade Greg Monroe to the Sixers

Pretty sure last night was the first charge I've ever seen Nick Young take.

Lakers above .500!

• Upvote 1

Cavs suck still :sigh:. Grant is a chump he lucked into Irving and made 2 dogshit picks the past 2 drafts. Bennett and Waiters should be traded for 2nd rounders while they still have any value.

Houston will not be this hot every time we play the Spurs, let alone in a series. I'm more interested in the games later this season when the Rockets aren't drilling 3s like they're nothing.

There have been about 5 instances in this second half when Pop should have been ejected. This is ridiculous. Lots of swearing, you can read his lips and some of it has gotten through to the Houston broadcast. I understand that they didn't want to have to give him the T in the first half because he had a point, but he crossed the line, and he keeps doing it. No other coach could get away with this. I respect the guy, and I think he's hilarious, but come on. You can't have double standards just because he's the best coach in the league.

Goddammit, James Harden keeps missing key free throws. So not big time.

At least Houston got cold in the second half to justify the win a little bit. If they'd hit 19 threes again and beat a good team like the Spurs instead of a shit team like Brooklyn, I wouldn't feel all that great about the win.

Edited by BwareDWare94