Bay

Rank the 2nd-year WRs

With the dominance of Josh Gordon and Alshon Jeffrey it got me thinking about that 2012 WR class again.

1. Josh Gordon

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. T.Y. Hilton

4. Michael Floyd

5. Rueben Randle

6.Justin Blackmon

7.Kendall Wright

8.Rod Streater

9.Marvin Jones

10.Chris Givens (Rams)

Jermaine Kearse

Brian Quick

Ryan Broyles ( if he can recover he could be up further but for now he is a big question mark)

Keshawn Martin

Jairus Wright

Mohamed Sanu

Stephen Hill

Rishard Matthews

LaVon Brazill

1. Josh Gordon

2. Josh Gordon

3. Josh Gordon

4. Josh Gordon

5. Josh Gordon

6. Josh Gordon

7. Josh Gordon

8. Josh Gordon

9. Josh Gordon

10. Alshon Jeffery

1. Josh Gordon

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. Michael Floyd

4. Reuben Randle

5. T.Y. Hilton

6. Justin Blacmon

7. Marvin Jones

8. Kendall Wright

9. Chris Givens

10. Mohammed Sanu

Quick Edit: With a competent coaching staff, Jairius Wright would be higher.

1. Gordon

2. Jeffrey

3. Floyd

4. Wright

5. Streater

You guys are under rating Kendall Wright.

• Upvote 1

Jeffrey and Gordon are the only two I'd definitely take ahead of Wright. Floyd and Wright is a toss up just depending on what kind of receiver you prefer/need.

Something like

1. Gordon

2. Jeffery

3a. Wright

3b. Floyd

4. Hilton

Then it's kind of a clusterfuck with the rest. Lol @ Blackmon being ahead of anybody though. He's useless since he can't stay out of trouble.

• Upvote 1

After Gordon and Ashlon its Wright. No Brainer.

Gordon

Jeffrey

Wright

Blackmon(Would be above Wright if he kept clean)

Floyd

Bware there is no way Jones is better than Wright. I don't know what world you're in.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Michael Floyd really stepped up his game up with a real QB. Alshon Jeffrey got healthy and now he's making a huge difference. I think Gordon is still the number one (producing with Weeden is impressive), but Jeffrey and Hilton are right on his tail. Chris Givens really fell off, and Kendall Wright is invisible because of the team he plays for and his security blanket role (most catches of all second year players). Still good, just not in the spotlight. Eli Manning seems to elevate a WR to elite status every three years or so, and Reuben Randle is the next guy on that list.

1. Josh Gordon

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. T.Y. Hilton (Still producing while the other two good weapons are gone)

4. Kendall Wright

5. Michael Floyd

Honourable Mentions:

Reuben Randle

Rod Streater

Marvin Jones

Jarret Boykin

Mohamed Sanu

Alshon is the best for me. Then, Gordon who's pretty much 1a 1b with Alshon, Floyd, Wright, then Blackmon.

I actually had no idea how well Wright was playing, but I've been crying about the Bears getting Alshon since the end of the draft when people were still talking his weight issues. The guy is filthy.

Josh Gordon missed the first two games and still has more yards and touchdowns than Jeffrey. They've both had 2 200+ yard games but Gordon has down it with Weeden and Campbell. Though I will give Jeffrey credit, that's with Marshall as #1 over him.

I personally don't see that big of a difference between the two. He also has been targeted nearly as much as Alshon. The more I watch him, the more and more I'm impressed with him. And this is coming from a guy who hates the Bears, I'm already a fan.

1. Josh Gordon

2. Alshon Jeffrey

3. T.Y. Hilton

4. Rueben Randle

5. Michael Floyd

6. Kendall Wright

I like that order. I think that if the Giants didn't have both Cruz and Nicks, even though Nicks is greatly under performing this season, we would be talking about Randle a lot differently. He really is a great receiver. A lot of the reason why I don't think the Giants should even consider extending Nicks.

Gordon is by far the guy with the most talent, in my opinion anyway. Even with Alshon Jeffreys big breakout in the past 8 weeks or so. Gordon hasn't had consistent quarterback play and he's not necessarily in what I would consider a great offense [although they are getting better], yet he continues to produce at a high level. Not to mention, he burns everyone he plays no matter the caliber of players they seem to be. He can beat them with his speed, he can beat them with his routes, and he can just go fight for the ball. The kid is just awesome.

I was high on both Floyd and Wright coming out. I think Floyd needs to find some consistency though, he's had a big game here and there, but he's not a real threat every week. Wright is an awesome receiver. He's got an absolutely stupid awareness for where the ball is and how it's coming to him every time out. He's got great hands. Not sure why we don't see him in the end zone more though, perhaps that's more because of the offense he's playing in but like I hinted with Gordon, if you're going to be the top dog for a team then you need to produce no matter the situation. Wright is certainly capable, he's going to be a solid receiver for years. I think I read somewhere that he's one of the most targeted and successful wide receivers on 3rd down conversions in the NFL, that's impressive and has to count for something!