Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Teen Who Killed Four People Got Off On Probation Because He's Rich

About time. Im sick of these peasants thinking they exist for anything other than the amusement of their superiors.

hopefully the wrongful death lawsuits bankrupt his parents.

Sent him to a $500,000 a year rehab facility, somehow, I doubt it.

Edited by BJORN

Sent him to a $500,000 a year rehab facility, somehow, I doubt it.

500k should be nothing compared to what the families will receive in wrongful death suits. Even the people injured are going to be suing. The friend he nearly killed when he was thrown from the truck is going to get bank too.

Guest Phailadelphia

That would be a far worse punishment than 20 years for the kid. I too hope to see the civil suits bankrupt the family.

Not sure why the family deserves to be punished. It's their dumbass kid who did all this stuff. By that age, he's aware of what he's doing.

What happened in this case is a travesty and yet another indictment of our pathetic justice system.

I honestly have someone that I am rather close to that had a very, very similar situation about ten years ago, only she was an adult when her incident happened. She and I have spoken on this very subject numerous times, and there is nothing that she has been able to do that makes her feel any better about what she did. (the only difference in her case is that she served 2 years in prison and is on probation for 15 years)

While I firmly believe that everyone, regardless of class, should be held to the same standard under the law, this kid fucked up. No amount of time in prison will ever change the fact that he killed 4 people. His life is already ruined.

As for the civil suits; the parents of this kid will be held financially responsible for his actions...but to what end? Them paying for his mistakes is the system once again letting his parents money cover his ass.

I don't think you should be able to sue a family over a mistake of one of the kids. Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to right and wrong, outside individuals should not be held responsible.

• Downvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

The family won't be sued, the kid will, but who do you think is going to pay for the settlement? And who do you think hired & paid the lawyer that managed that bullshit excuse to get him off any jail time?

• Upvote 2

It's the best and only option left, but I don't think it really solves much of anything. Just the continuation of a failing system.

There are two seperate justice systems in this country. One for the rich and one for the poor. It all depends on how much money you have and who you know. I find it funny how many poor and working class people have been duped into thinking that class inequality isn't a problem in this country. "Oh you're poor, well you should have made better choices." Do some people just make dumb decisions with their money? Sure, but I wouldn't say that should be an answer to the problem that is poverty and income inequality.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/income-inequality-in-america-chart-graph

• Upvote 1