Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Expressions that Annoy You: Sports, Music, General Every Day, etc.

On the contrary, everything starts grassroots.

"Life is short" - Oh really? Tell me what we have that is longer.

"No offense, but..." Obviously you're going to say something that may be rude/offensive, so just go ahead and say it.

When people (especially girls) say the word "like" 40 times per sentence.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

"No offense, but..." Obviously you're going to say something that may be rude/offensive, so just go ahead and say it.

Yeah for me this is akin to saying "I'm not racist, but..." If someone has to preface their statement with that disclaimer you can be sure of two things: 1) they're about to say something ignorant, and 2) they're racist.

I'm not racist but I really like ice cream.

let me guess, you prefer vanilla?

• Upvote 1

I'm not trying to offend people here, but everyone in this room is a raging asshole and should probably kill themselves because they're wasting my air.

:p

I don't know how to put this into a single expression, but I hate all of the things that people say when they think they're really selfless and feel the constant need to remind their loved ones of that when they don't get their way.

• Upvote 1

"I made a 360 degree turnaround in my life".....so you mean that nothing at all changed?

• Upvote 1

"These are two teams who don't like each other"

I want a matchup of two teams who fucking adore each other.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how to put this into a single expression, but I hate all of the things that people say when they think they're really selfless and feel the constant need to remind their loved ones of that when they don't get their way.

Whenever people go out of their way to tell others of how good of a person they are/how selfless they are, I automatically assume that their reasoning isn't noble and they are either doing it for attention or to impress a specific person.

• Upvote 1

"The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl"

"Nash Grier is a god..."

No, he's a douche that is one of the shitstains on this planet who is for some reason famous and making money off of retarded vines and videos. People who are famous through vines should throw out their phones, give all their money away, and go jump off a cliff.

And it's pathetic how girls idolize he and his friends. I've read the comments on his tweets, and it's always followed by a group of girls decrying what they need to do for a follow and S/O, then followed by those girls questioning their own worth because some 15-year old faggot isn't giving them attention.

Who?

He's a 15-year old from North Carolina who has become famous among teenage girls via Vine. Really, nothing he does is all that funny. It's just the typical, "Let's throw random ideas together and try to be funny." But girls are suckers for blue eyes, so they love him. People act like he is doing something useful, but people like him are the most pathetic excuses for "famous people" that I can recall.

A link below, spoilered so you have to choose to see the same face he makes in every fucking picture.

2D674A34B6986451180353884160_1ddfccf1b39

Edited by OSUViking

. People who are famous through vines should throw out their phones, give all their money away, and go jump off a cliff.

Why? I find some vines genuinely hilarious. I never heard of this guy before though.

Why? I find some vines genuinely hilarious. I never heard of this guy before though.

There are plenty of hilarious vines. I hate when people like Nash Grier become famous for something you can find 1000x over on the Internet.

I hate the go-to expression that people usewhen female celebrities go on body flaunting binges (ala Miley Cyrus, currently).

"Oh, she's just standing up for women, worldwide."

What exactly is it about a female celebrity sexualizing themselves that is good for the goals of Feminism? I have no idea. To me, it comes off as animalistic and counter intuitive to Feminism's goals.

I used the Cyrus example, but I will admit I haven't heard anyone bring up this supposed "go-to" with her, but I mean in similar situations in the past.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I hate the go-to expression that people usewhen female celebrities go on body flaunting binges (ala Miley Cyrus, currently).

"Oh, she's just standing up for women, worldwide."

What exactly is it about a female celebrity sexualizing themselves that is good for the goals of Feminism? I have no idea. To me, it comes off as animalistic and counter intuitive to Feminism's goals.

The reasoning is that women should be free to do what they want with their body, as opposed to in previous eras where they would suffer real consequences for it.

That being said, Miley couldn't care less about feminism. She just wants to keep her name in the papers.

• Upvote 1

Yea, Miley knows how to play the game to keep the cash flow rolling in.