Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

DRC contemplating retirement

Per Rotoworld.com:

Broncos RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie told reporters Monday that he'll consider retirement if Denver wins Super Bowl 48.
"I set a goal of five years. I’ve played six," said a straight-faced DRC. An impending free agent, Rodgers-Cromartie is coming off of a fantastic season as the Broncos' No. 1 corner, and could parlay it into a hefty contract this offseason. We expect Rodgers-Cromartie to follow the money here, but his words are something of a red flag. He'll be a risky investment on a long-term deal. Jan 27 - 1:34 PM

Strange, maybe he just wants to get out while he's still relatively healthy.

I guess if you feel there's nothing left in the game for you to do, then get out while you're healthy. I would be disapointed though. DRC has been fantastic for us and I was hoping he'd continue his career here for a good long while.

post-12952-Wat-gif-nUi5.gif

• Upvote 2

It kind of explains a lot. DRC is one of the absolute best athletes in the game, at any position and yet his play is inconsistent at best. He can be great and has been for long stretches but for a good portion of his career he's just been bad. He has every tool to be a top flight CB in the NFL. I've said about him his whole career. This might be why.

I can't see him turning down the money, but stuff like this makes you question his drive to play the game.

Speaking at Super Bowl Media Day on Tuesday, Broncos RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie backtracked on his retirement talk by saying if he's offered a long-term contract this offseason, he'll take it.

Rodgers-Cromertie said Monday that if the Broncos win the Super Bowl, then he'd consider retirement. DRC's agent likely contacted him after Monday's statement and advised him that he's not doing himself any favors by saying he'd be willing to walk away from the game as he's set to hit free agency. He's just 27 years old and is coming off arguably the best season of his career. DRC was a top-four cover corner in Pro Football Focus' end-of-season ratings.

He don't want none of us. Retire today.

Sean said it best. DRC is an amazing athlete. Great speed, agility, jumping ability, hip movement but he's so inconsistent which comes down to him not having the discipline to master his talents. He somewhat reminds me of a skinnier and less physical Patrick Peterson as far natural ability; and I think Patrick Peterson can easily become the best corner in the game if he can refine his technique. If DRC can learn how to utilize his abilities and tap into his potential, he could be a very solid corner in this league.