Sign in to follow this  
Vin

Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304626804579358943360702878?mg=reno64-wsj&url=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304626804579358943360702878.html

Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday afternoon in his New York City apartment, a law-enforcement official said.

The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine exact cause of death. The official said Mr. Hoffman, 46 years old, was found dead at his apartment at 35 Bethune St. in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan.

Mr. Hoffman won the Academy Award for Best Actor for the 2005 film, "Capote."

Suspected drug O.D. I don't really have a ton of sympathy for that, but it's sad nonetheless.

Oh ya, sympathy is very limited especially if it was drugs. But my heart goes out to his family... And there is no doubt the amount of talent the acting world lost today.

Oscar-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead of an apparent drug overdose — in the bathroom with a hypodermic needle still in his arm — inside a Greenwich Village home on Sunday morning, cops said.

http://nypost.com/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-found-dead-in-his-apartment/

:( :(

Thanks for the memories.

Even in a boring movie like Twister, PSH made it tolerable with his energy. His talents will be missed.

I was floored. I was actually more upset about this than the Superbowl. Easily one of the greatest actors of my generation.

HOW IS THE HUNGER GAMES GOING TO CONTINUE?!?!?!?!?!?!11//

What were his best roles? The only movies I've seen with him are Along Came Polly, Moneyball, and the Big Lebowski. But he was barely in those movies.

Capote and Charlie Wilson's War are his 2 best roles, IMO.

What were his best roles? The only movies I've seen with him are Along Came Polly, Moneyball, and the Big Lebowski. But he was barely in those movies.

Pirate Radio and Before the Devil Knows You're Dead are two of my favorite movies of his. He was awesome in the new Hunger Games movie as well. No clue what they're going to do with that now since the next one is in post production and part 2 of Mockingjay about 50% finished. He was also really good in Mission Impossible 3.

Now that I really think about it, he hasn't had a ton of lead roles.

I thought he was kind of akin to the Joker in his role in MI3. Just instilled madness and chaos into the movie, but he was more subtle about it.

The less you know about me the more interesting it will be to watch me do what I do,

I also loved him in Ides of March. Not him at his absolute best, but still one of my favorites.

You didn't make a mistake... You made a choice.

I was floored. I was actually more upset about this than the Superbowl. Easily one of the greatest actors of my generation.

They already finished the third one and there was only a week left in the 4th so those should be fine.

They already finished the third one and there was only a week left in the 4th so those should be fine.

That's good, I suppose. It's gonna be weird seeing him in it though.

Never liked him so pretty meh about it.

• Downvote 1