Sign in to follow this  
BradyFan81

Was 300 a good movie?

What grade would you give 300?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Grade 300

Big time debate in the shout box earlier with people having strong opinions for and against it.

I personally say that 300 was a very, very good movie. Great graphics, cool action sequences, nice story, Gerard Butler did a great job as the lead actor. Just an all around awesome action movie. I would give it a solid A-. I got exactly what I wanted out of that movie.

But some people think it was stupid for some reason and overhyped?

What do you think?

I thought it was just okay. Massively overhyped by the masses, for sure. I thought the stylized action scenes were pretty cool... Everything else pretty sub par.

kinda cool. Nothing overly ground breaking but relatively true to the subject matter which was just ok too.

one thing that really irritated me about that movie is that historically one of the main reasons the Spartans were able to hold the massive Persian army at Thermoplae for as long as they did is that they were much better armored than other armies of the time, so what did the producers of 300 put the Spartans in? a cape, helmet, and loincloth, outfitted like that the Spartans would have been swept away in a matter of minutes, I don't care how good their shields are

• Upvote 2

Eh, its based off of a comic book where the writer has said he didn't care about accuracy.

I think its a fun movie, but nothing amazing.

Wow, everyone that voted so far gave it a different grade. I gave it a B-. There were quite a few cool scenes, but the movie as a whole isn't very memorable to me.

Being that it came out when I was in high school, we raved about it. Looking back, it was just okay. I'd give it a B, cuz the action was definitely awesome.

I've only seen it once, and I honestly don't remember that much about it. IIRC, I think I was disappointed that it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

:sparta: