Tridentdawgpound

2014 MLB Season Thread

Chris Sale has started on fire this season, been the best pitcher the Chisox have had the last few years and glad he is now the Ace. Another win against Cleveland, this is new

Got free tix to Yanks/Sox today. Couldn't ask for better weather on a mid-April day. 75 and sunny? Fuck yes. Got there before 10:30 am and pounded beers for a couple hours in the lot. Game was fun too. John Lackey got his ass kicked. :smug:

yankssawx_zpsaad711fa.jpg

• Upvote 2

Reds are so pathetic. No Reds games for me this year.

Lol Reds. Makes me happy to see them fail.

This happened a couple of days ago.. and I raged in the shoutbox about it... but I feel like doing so again.

Cardinals are down all game to the frickin' Cubs... Score two runs in the 9th to tie it and go to extras.... Our closer, Trevor Rosenthal comes in and pitches a great 10th... We are hitting, and with two outs and a runner on second.. The pitchers spot comes up... Rosenthal is kept IN THE GAME TO BAT WITH A RUNNER IN SCORING POSITION... Go figure, we don't score shit. Next inning, Rosenthal collapses and gives up a go ahead 3 run blast.

Is Mike Matheny one of the dumbest shits alive? Like really...? I think he's a very good manager, and I love the guy.. But how many games is he going to cost us in a similar fashion this season?

:sigh:

It's been a pretty bumpy start for us, but we'll get through it. :yep:

Smoak started the season off great, but has been his old self the past 3 games. He has struck out 6 times in that span.

Also the new rule on catching the ball is bs. Its happened 3 times already in Ms games. baserunners seems confused and have no clue where they should be lol. Play has resulted in a force out everytime anyways.

Marlins gon' sweep us. :yep:

As predicted, Phils can complete the sweep today and get back to .500.

• Upvote 1

The Pirates get an F for getting swept at Miller Park. It's not surprising considering their history there, but it still sucks. Time to beat the shit out of the Reds! :rock:

Chase Utley is on a frightening tear to start the season.

I feel like beating Walgreen's is too easy at this point. Justin Upton is on one of his tears. Impossible to get out right now. Be very afraid.

TBH isn't anyway we can complain much about the Braves season so far. Despite all the major injuries to the pitching staff AND many sub.200 averages on the team the Braves have played very well this young season. I just can't understand how do you dominate the Nationals and the Brewers but struggle against the mets of all teams lol. Got to love baseball.

TBH isn't anyway we can complain much about the Braves season so far. Despite all the major injuries to the pitching staff AND many sub.200 averages on the team the Braves have played very well this young season. I just can't understand how do you dominate the Nationals and the Brewers but struggle against the mets of all teams lol. Got to love baseball.

Yep. Very pleased. Justin Upton is on one of his runs where he's impossible to get out. Hard to beat us during those.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound

Justin Upton came alive, and our pitching has been phenomenal. Love what I see early on. Freddie :wub:

I wouldn't call the pitching phenomenal. Definitely not the bullpen. I want O'Flaherty and Venters back.

Hoping to see better play against the Reds.

I wouldn't call the pitching phenomenal. Definitely not the bullpen. I want O'Flaherty and Venters back.

I like what I see. It's better than what I expected lol...but yeah the bullpen needs some work. Venters :(

Crazy game happening right now in Cincy. Delayed for rain at the top of the 7th. 10 home runs in 6 innings. 6 solo homers by the Pirates, 3 two-run homers and a solo homer by the Reds. The Pirates went back to back three times for their 6 homers, and 2 of those were Neil Walker and Gaby Sanchez going back to back twice in the same game.

Unreal.

Edit: And oh yea, 10 home runs in this game, but none by Alvarez, McCutchen, or Bruce. This game doe...

Edited by Sarge

Happy Jackie Robinson Day

16robinson-600.jpg

Thank you god for my first win in the big leagues! Thank you @Mariners for this opportunity.

Edited by BC

Elias finally got some run support. Pitching has been solid in almost every game this year.

After the Phillies came back from down 5-1 with Brown's home run I said to my girlfriend, "Okay, I'm gonna go to bed before we blow it." :sigh:

Felix vs Yu tonight :megusta:

Yu's gonna yu :yes:

10-4 right now and getting wins however we need to. 9-6 on Monday and 1-0 tonight. Have a feeling I'm really gonna love this team.

ESPN really touted the Darvish v Hernandez game as the premier pitching game of the day....they clearly missed the boat as the gamescores (for pitchers) clearly indicated that the Teheran v Lee game was the much better pitched game.

Gattis has been on fire too. Luckily the wind didn't totally kill his dinger although it barely made it over the left field fence.

Through 14 games now Andrelton Simmons has yet to strikeout OR make an error. The dude is unreal.