ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

So what is Scott Brooks then? He had one of the most talented rosters in the league and has won nothing. Coaching matters in the NBA whether you wanna believe it or not.

:facepalm:

Scott Brooks is a bad coach. They're not comparable.

Russell Westbrook is a great athlete...

But as a team player. I would not want someone like him on my team if he is not the best player. Forces too many different things offensively, turnovers, and other negative things in a halfcourt standpoint.

There's really no excuse for him and Durant to be the only viable options on offense. As a PG, you are supposed to facilitate and get other players involved offensively. I know Sefalosha isn't great, but he's still serviceable and teams don't play him as tight.

I guess what I'm saying is...get other players involved. There should be relatively 'easy' looks out there if the other teams attention is hounding KD and yourself.

:facepalm:

Scott Brooks is a bad coach. They're not comparable.

But but but he is coaching 2 of the best players in the NBA.

Scott Brooks has bested Rick Carlisle, Gregg Poppovich, Phil Jackson, and George Karl, who are probably all considered far better head coaches than Brooks, and 3 of whom are considered better coaches than Doc. That's probably not what's going to decide this series.

That WCF is the most overrated coaching series by Brooks. His adjustment was to put Sefolosha on Parker. Brilliant! Who would have thought of that? Couple that with Ibaka shooting out of his mind and Harden hitting huge shots and that's your series.

That Chris Paul performance was incredible, and I am not even a huge fan of his. That series will be awesome, so excited to see how it unfolds.

Edited by The Admiral

I'm not holding anything against him. Dude had the best player from two consecutive generations on his teams. That matters.

For instance, Spo isn't a top NBA coach, but he might win 3 straight titles simply because of LeBron.

Phil's great--he's one of the best coaches in league history, but he gets put on a pedestal because of rings when he's in fact the single luckiest coach in league history, as well. He got to coach Prime Jordan, Prime Kobe, and even Prime Shaq.

And don't forget for a second how good Andrew Bynum was before his knees fell apart.

The guy has had more than his peers and yet he's considered above them. I find that silly.

Spo is the reason BronBron has a second ring.

Ray Allen is the reason BronBron has a second ring.

Who put Allen on the court? Battier? Spo's adjustments won the Heat that series. No doubt in my mind.

And to no one's surprise, the Heat take Game 1 in a blowout. What a joke.

Tony Parker just dominated Lillard tonight.

Great defensive performance. Best close-outs I have seen all season from the Spurs.

SO, this is going to be the round that puts us all to sleep, eh? lol

If only we could have more PEOPLE like KD in the league or in professional sports in general.

KD is a great dude. Happy for him.

Guest Phailadelphia

Scott Brooks has bested Rick Carlisle, Gregg Poppovich, Phil Jackson, and George Karl, who are probably all considered far better head coaches than Brooks, and 3 of whom are considered better coaches than Doc. That's probably not what's going to decide this series.

That WCF is the most overrated coaching series by Brooks. His adjustment was to put Sefolosha on Parker. Brilliant! Who would have thought of that? Couple that with Ibaka shooting out of his mind and Harden hitting huge shots and that's your series.

That Chris Paul performance was incredible, and I am not even a huge fan of his. That series will be awesome, so excited to see how it unfolds.

They did a lot more than put Sefolosha on Parker. And Ibaka always shoots like that, FYI.

This second round fucking blows, so far. Toronto is better team than Brooklyn and should be in the second round. If it wasn't for the blatantly favoritism for Brooklyn in that series, we'd get to see a decent series between Miami and another Eastern Conference team.

• Downvote 4

I'm not holding anything against him. Dude had the best player from two consecutive generations on his teams. That matters.

For instance, Spo isn't a top NBA coach, but he might win 3 straight titles simply because of LeBron.

Phil's great--he's one of the best coaches in league history, but he gets put on a pedestal because of rings when he's in fact the single luckiest coach in league history, as well. He got to coach Prime Jordan, Prime Kobe, and even Prime Shaq.

And don't forget for a second how good Andrew Bynum was before his knees fell apart.

The guy has had more than his peers and yet he's considered above them. I find that silly.

Who put Allen on the court? Battier? Spo's adjustments won the Heat that series. No doubt in my mind.

It's the end of a game and you NEED a three pointer to tie. Who's the ONE player on that team you would never leave on the bench in that situation?

You can't give Spo credit for inserting Ray Allen into a game when Miami needed a three pointer. That's common sense, man.

• Downvote 1

It's the end of a game and you NEED a three pointer to tie. Who's the ONE player on that team you would never leave on the bench in that situation?

You can't give Spo credit for inserting Ray Allen into a game when Miami needed a three pointer. That's common sense, man.

Ray Allen saved the Heat but didn't win them the series. I think Spo's offensive/spacing adjustments gave the Heat the edge late in the series.

It really wouldn't of mattered who went on to face the Heat. To get to a game 7 against an old Nets team, and still lose on your home court, and you think they'd be more competitive against the defending champions, with the best player in the NBA?

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The only team left in the East that would give the Heat a somewhat interesting series is the Wizards. Sucks to say, but out of the remaining teams left...they are the ones that can run up and down the court, shoot, and add the physicality to keep the Heat somewhat in check.

Nets are too old with little inside presence and overall lack of depth.

Pacers are a bunch of frauds who can't stay in games offensively, Heat would bury them early and be done with them.

Roy Hibbert played like he got a full refund on his fiance's engagement ring :p

Guest Phailadelphia

Russell Westbrook forever.

I really wish the Rockets hadn't shit the bed. Would have been a much better matchup for SA.

Fuck you, Portland. If you want to play out of your minds for round 1, you best damn show up in round 2.

Second round blowouts. You gotta be fucking kidding me.

And fuck you, Ancient History Museum (Brooklyn). Don't sweep the Heat during the regular season then get your shit kicked in the post season.

One of these two team better take both home games, or NBA fans lost out in this round.