JetsFan4Life

2014 World Cup

Brazil is probably gonna score again.

Don't mean to go BWare on everyone, but these refs have been falling for EVERY dive by Brazil. Its ridiculous.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Fred should be banned for one game, at least.

• Upvote 1

Maybe there's still just a lot of soccer that I don't know, but there were a lot of calls that I just didn't understand at all. Seemed like the refs either saved Brazilian attacks by calling fouls on the defense or killed Croatian ones for reasons I don't know. :shrug:

I think, despite Croatia's only goal being scored by Marcelo, this was a lot closer than 3-1.

Missed all after missed call. What is this I don't even...

Did you see the blatant non-call on the third goal where Ramires dives into the guy?

Good luck to the U.S.A. this year. I have them making it to the quarterfinal round. :yep:

Did you see the blatant non-call on the third goal where Ramires dives into the guy?

Have a link to this clip? I think I was answering the door for pizza when it happened.

Interesting match. I don't think Brazil played very well, and I think Croatia is a solid squad..

at the same time having the opening match jitters could be part of it...

but...

NEYMAR :wub:

• Upvote 1

Have a link to this clip? I think I was answering the door for pizza when it happened.

Only saw it once, in real time. lol

Croatia's goalkeeper was terrible, he should have had all 3 goals honestly. At least get 2 of them. Great start to the tourney tho, this is going to be epic.

• Upvote 1

You guys pretty much summed up my thoughts. Thought the first goal was savable so I decided to give the Croatian keeper the BOTD. After the next two though...wow. He was horrible lol. Like BradyFan said, probably should have had all three of them.

Ref was horrid, too. Fred dive was one of the worst calls I've ever seen and he really was falling for the Brazil dives. Croatia probably expected some HFA from the decisions, but not that bad. They have to feel hard done by cause I feel they deserved a draw.

Spain vs Netherlands better not be a boring game...

• Upvote 1

Time to watch my ni...

Colored brothers take out Mexico.

CAPTAIN AFRICA IS IN FULL EFFECT. CAMEROON :rock:

Cameroon should of gotten a PK. Lol at tackling in the goal box.

almost makes up for the two goals Mexico lost on bad offsides calls, there were plenty of bad calls in that game but I think they evened out overall

You guys pretty much summed up my thoughts. Thought the first goal was savable so I decided to give the Croatian keeper the BOTD. After the next two though...wow. He was horrible lol. Like BradyFan said, probably should have had all three of them.

Ref was horrid, too. Fred dive was one of the worst calls I've ever seen and he really was falling for the Brazil dives. Croatia probably expected some HFA from the decisions, but not that bad. They have to feel hard done by cause I feel they deserved a draw.

Spain vs Netherlands better not be a boring game...

Is a one sided goal fest boring to you? Forget what kind of hockey game you prefer and if you prefer the same here

I know it's really early to say this, but we might not see a prettier goal in this tournament than Van Persie's goal right before half

I know it's really early to say this, but we might not see a prettier goal in this tournament than Van Persie's goal right before half

Extremely early to say that. Will be tough competition to beat there though.

Well holy shit I did not expect Spain to get dicked so damn hard last night. That said I am not sure if it just that Spain's older players may be over the hill or if the Netherlands are real.

Great start to the world cup overall though.

It was a fun game to watch, Bay. Especially compared to their matchup in the 2010 WC Final...

I know it's only one game, but I think Spain has some problems. They're loaded with a plethora of midfield talent, but they lack a true offense and their defense is suspect. It's like throwing a brain in a human body without arms and legs and asking it to box. I thought Diego Costa would be that striker, but you can tell he's still not 100% healthy and he hasn't looked comfortable in this Spain squad whenever I've seen him play.

The World Cup has been on for two days and I already wanna punch Alexi Lalas. He thought the Diego Costa penalty was fair? LOL! RVN was trying to explain to him Costa went down and threw his foot backward on the defender's leg. Lalas responds that it's not the attacker's responsibility to get out of the way. Wut....not to mention we should have some successful minds as analysts. Pretty much whatever team Lalas touched in his management career turned to shit.

Definitely looking forward to England v Italy tonight! And if Suarez plays the Uruguay matchup too.

• Upvote 1

Greece have no creativity whatsoever, any goal they might score would be from a standard or as a fluke.

Normally I'm against teams scoring then playing conservative, but despite Greece's defense being one of the best in the world, they have to attack, and that alone could leave them exposed because it's gonna take so much effort.

Welp, so much for one of the best defenses in the world.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

A Costa Rica upset here would be huge

Wow that was the shocker of the tourney IMO. Holland was the underdogs vs Spain but they still have a world class attack. And that was pretty much a home game for Uruguay as where they played is right on Uruguay's doorstep.

Joel Campbell has skills. Well taken goal, great assist, held the ball well and had two excellent long range strikes almost go in.

And I really don't get what is so amazing about Cavani? He must know I'm watching or something because every time I see him he plays like crap.

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 1

It was a fun game to watch, Bay. Especially compared to their matchup in the 2010 WC Final...

I know it's only one game, but I think Spain has some problems. They're loaded with a plethora of midfield talent, but they lack a true offense and their defense is suspect. It's like throwing a brain in a human body without arms and legs and asking it to box. I thought Diego Costa would be that striker, but you can tell he's still not 100% healthy and he hasn't looked comfortable in this Spain squad whenever I've seen him play.

The World Cup has been on for two days and I already wanna punch Alexi Lalas. He thought the Diego Costa penalty was fair? LOL! RVN was trying to explain to him Costa went down and threw his foot backward on the defender's leg. Lalas responds that it's not the attacker's responsibility to get out of the way. Wut....not to mention we should have some successful minds as analysts. Pretty much whatever team Lalas touched in his management career turned to shit.

Definitely looking forward to England v Italy tonight! And if Suarez plays the Uruguay matchup too.

Dude, Lalas is fucking terrible. His post match thoughts on Brazil were laughable. Otherwise, I like ESPN's analysts but he is so bad at times its hard to just overlook him.

Costa Rica is actually pretty good, so I'm not really surprised by that result. Colombia blowing out Greece was a surprise though.