BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

I hope they do. :yep:

If my math is correct, only three people are still in the running...

SteVo if Chicago makes it to the SCF

Bay if Tampa Bay > Anaheim

Myself if Anaheim wins it all

Edited by FartWaffles

CGQ0vPNW8AAHYwj.jpg

if anyone's on the fence about who to root for: http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-01/tampa-bay-s-hockey-dress-code-insults-lightning-fans?cmpid=yhoo

in addition to the ban on visiting team apparel that they've had in place all postseason they're limiting ticket sales to Florida residents, I will say that it's the former that gets me far more irritated

Hope Hawks fans scoop up a shit ton of tickets off the secondary market and flood the building lmao.

Also, saw that game 7 would be held on June 17th. Why does this shit still happen? lol. Playoff hockey should not be going into mid-June. Start the fucking season in early September, for the love of Christ.

if anyone's on the fence about who to root for: http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-01/tampa-bay-s-hockey-dress-code-insults-lightning-fans?cmpid=yhoo

in addition to the ban on visiting team apparel that they've had in place all postseason they're limiting ticket sales to Florida residents, I will say that it's the former that gets me far more irritated

This is such an idiotic thing to do. Nashville pulled the same stunt, and it didn't work. You're not gonna shut down Blackhawks fan support. The chants will still be going loud and strong.

Hope Hawks fans scoop up a shit ton of tickets off the secondary market and flood the building lmao.

Also, saw that game 7 would be held on June 17th. Why does this shit still happen? lol. Playoff hockey should not be going into mid-June. Start the fucking season in early September, for the love of Christ.

I agree. Unfortunately, the NHL has to work around any other events that are booked at the rinks. Even still, there is no need for it to stretch out for two weeks and for the playoffs to go this long in general.

As for the Sept. start idea, I'd say begin around the 3rd week of that month. And as for the BS that the NHL doesn't want to compete for ratings against football (from a sports radio station up here) well it's a moot point as football is generally on top of the ratings from Sept. until February easily.

Edited by BigBen07

Fuck those injury cheering cunts! :smug: Seriously after Rosival got hurt a bunch of their fan bsse was actually happy. Tried searching on Twitter, but can't find anything. Pussies deleted the tweets or something.

As for the banning of opposing fans, the Pepsi Center gets invaded when Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Rangers are in town. Avs fans are so quiet, don't even know why the go to the games. It's fucking embarrassing when I'm watching on TV and hear "Let's go Red Wings"chants erupt.

:mjlaugh::sigh: Denver smh.

Fuck those injury cheering cunts! :smug: Seriously after Rosival got hurt a bunch of their fan bsse was actually happy. Tried searching on Twitter, but can't find anything. Pussies deleted the tweets or something.

As for the banning of opposing fans, the Pepsi Center gets invaded when Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Rangers are in town. Avs fans are so quiet, don't even know why the go to the games. It's fucking embarrassing when I'm watching on TV and hear "Let's go Red Wings"chants erupt.

:mjlaugh::sigh: Denver smh.

1st part: Totally disgusting behavior. I've never done that, even if the player is on a team I truly dislike.

2nd part: Broncos getting to Super Bowl 48 hasn't helped matters... maybe a few more Cups plus consistent playoff trips will help?

Edited by BigBen07

As a Caps fan we always have to deal with visiting fans, just part of being in DC. A lot of people are from other regions and still root for their local teams, so I have no sympathy.

If my math is correct, only three people are still in the running...

SteVo if Chicago makes it to the SCF

Bay if Tampa Bay > Anaheim

Myself if Anaheim wins it all

So did SteVo win it?

Devils have to be the worst when it comes to opposing fans in their building. Really the only time you hear Devils fans start chanting is to counter the opponent's fans who started cheering first lol.

Totally agree. No reason to milk the Finals like they're doing. Each game should be one day apart, and it should have started today.

• Upvote 1

So did SteVo win it?

:yep:

SteVo what is your rank? You've got damn near a perfect bracket.

174th overall. Not sure how many that's out of, though.

• Upvote 2

Well done, Steven. Pretty impressive.

I had an amazing first round then it just went downhill from there lol.

Variance, my friends. Next year I'll come in last. :yep:

I had not been paying attention to the bracket challenge, mine was pretty well shot when I lost two of my four Conference Finals teams in the first round, I'm kinda surprised I wasn't last

So I'm saying Blackhawks in 5. Not a dominant five by any means but in 5 the same way the Kings beat the Rangers in 5 last year (although much more offensive games).

• Upvote 1

What the hell, Lightning in 6. About the Final ending in mid June, season has been on since early October, what's another week? September-May would just be more time stuck with baseball. NBA playoffs were so meh.

Blackhawks in 6, because that's who SteVo took, and he hasn't been wrong yet! :laugh:

• Upvote 2

Blackhawks in 6, because that's who SteVo took, and he hasn't been wrong yet! :laugh:

Ya fucking jinxed him.

• Upvote 1

TB in 7. Fuck off if Fraudford wins another cup.

• Upvote 1

I'll make a very vanilla prediction and say Blackhawks in 6. I know Chicago will be looked at as the favorite, typical youth vs. experience matchup, etc. etc. etc. But do not underestimate the Lightning. They're a fucking good hockey team, and if Crawford were to suddenly have a terrible series, they're more than capable of winning in 4 or 5 games.