BigBen07

2014-15 NHL Season Thread

Blechocks aways seem to win no matter how badly Creffird plays tho. :(

Gonna go Blackhawks in 6. The only serious hole the Hawks have is goaltending, but they have more than enough depth to make up for it.

I like the Lightning, I like the way they play...

But something tells me Crawford is going to fuck this up more than he normally does. Don't have a good feeling about this series.

• Upvote 2

I want to be bold so I will go Lightning in 5

Totally agree. No reason to milk the Finals like they're doing. Each game should be one day apart, and it should have started today.

the NHL might have also been trying to avoid competing with the NBA Finals, if that was a goal they succeeded because no night will have an NBA and an NHL Finals game and it does make some business sense to avoid that competition

the NHL might have also been trying to avoid competing with the NBA Finals, if that was a goal they succeeded because no night will have an NBA and an NHL Finals game and it does make some business sense to avoid that competition

Well this has been the trend the last few years now. Not sure when it started but the Stanley Cup Finals have been on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday nights. NBA Finals have been on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights. As someone with interest in both this works out really well.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

1-nhl-waynes-world.jpg

lol Lightning.

Know what I smell?

brooms.jpg

• Upvote 1

What a soul-crushing loss for the Lightning. That's got to be the worst possible way to lose game 1. If Chicago wins on Saturday I'd say it's all over. :yep:

Egh, tbh yea it sucked the way it happened but if the Lightning come back in game 2 the way they did against the Rangers then they have a good shot. I honestly wouldn't count them out in the slightest.

I'm generally opposed to calling a game 2 a must win on principle, but this is pretty damn close, I really don't think the Lightning can afford to leave Tampa down 2-0, I don't see them winning 2 of the 3 games in Chicago

• Upvote 1

I dunno, the Lightning proved they can win tough games on the road against the Rangers.

• Upvote 1

I dunno, the Lightning proved they can win tough games on the road against the Rangers.

fair enough, they did play a lot better on the road in the last series than they did at home, but it's still a tall order to win in Chicago, and usually when teams make runs that are completely counter to expectations it doesn't last

One of the biggest mismatches in this series is coaching. Joel Quenneville is like that dude driving a SLK Benz with both great street and book smarts while Jon Cooper is some clueless retard riding his Huffy to work lmao.

Guy goes into the trap like he's coaching the NJ Devils from the 2000's. So much speed and explosive offensive players on Tampa and Cooper continues to trap. This guy thought he could win 1-0 against the fucking Chicago Blackhawks in a SCF game. Unreal. :yao:

Jon Cooper set the tone for the series and in the worst possible way ever. I'd be shocked if this series goes past 5.

inb4 Jon Cooper plays prevent in the 3rd up a goal. :mjlaugh:

Nice 3rd goal to allow, Crawford.

Crawford has been the difference in both games so far, for different reasons. :yao:

Will not count out a Jonathan Toews led team until the final whistle. Refuse to.

There's something about the Blackhawks. I feel like if they actually played their hearts out for 60 minutes they'd be damn near unbeatable but they never do until their backs are against the wall. Solid couple wins here by Tampa though.

Tampa's been impressive but I still lean towards Chicago in 7. Kane and Toews haven't even gotten hot yet.

Tampa's been impressive but I still lean towards Chicago in 7. Kane and Toews haven't even gotten hot yet.

Victor Hedman and Cedric Paquette have shut down Toews and Kane up to this point. Zee if it continues. They will get their points, but if they are average going forward, Tampa should be able to win.

Hey phil I thought TB was gonna get swept. :yao:

• Upvote 2

Don't worry, Terry. Quenneville vs. Cooper is such a coaching mismatch, I can't possibly see Chicago losing at home.

One of the biggest mismatches in this series is coaching. Joel Quenneville is like that dude driving a SLK Benz with both great street and book smarts while Jon Cooper is some clueless retard riding his Huffy to work lmao.

Guy goes into the trap like he's coaching the NJ Devils from the 2000's. So much speed and explosive offensive players on Tampa and Cooper continues to trap. This guy thought he could win 1-0 against the fucking Chicago Blackhawks in a SCF game. Unreal. :yao:

Jon Cooper set the tone for the series and in the worst possible way ever. I'd be shocked if this series goes past 5.

:troll: