blotsfan

2014-15 NBA Season

I didn't realize Phoenix gave up the Laker's pick. Not a great day anymore.

And Miami isn't contending for anything anyways now that Bosh is probably done for the year.

I still think OKC did well though.

No kidding.. We either give up (probably) a top 10 pick for half a year of Brandon Knight or to sign him to an extensions averaging more than what Goran and IT will make combined... Yuck.

Just a complete mess... We sign Thomas, which confuses everybody.. It's an experiement that worked for MAYBE 10 games.... Getting Thomas leads to Suns exploring trading Dragic... Thomas gets pissed off about his lack of involvement... Dragic gets pissed off because Suns are gauging the market... And 2 days later, we have neither the guy we want, the guy we were going to replace him with and whose signing sparked the whole thing to begin with, NOR do we have the rookie guard that was going to supposedly develop...

All to net 2 1st rounders (we got 3, but sent away the Lakers pick), maybe 2 months of Brandon Knight, Marcus Thornton and some other throw ins... Like.. I almost want to puke. Haha.

My time as a Suns fan, we've had some really great PEOPLE on the team. Steve Nash, Grant Hill, Goran Dragic... They are talents in their own right, but they are AMAZING people. Somehow we piss them all off and shoo them out of town. Sometimes as the Phoenix front office when you are wondering why problems pop up like these you should take a look at the guy in the mirror.

If I am a free agent in the NBA, I would avoid Phoenix like the plague. Not because of the coach or the lack of talent... but because of how they treat people.

I was so excited for this team coming into the season, and even with the (in my opinion) lackluster season where we will miss out on the playoffs again, I was still excited for the future... A week later and... I am not all that excited anymore.

I want Robert Sarver (majority owner) to sell this team so badly... He's a disrespectful shit stain and treats people like trash.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I heard about Chris Bosh's condition. I hope his recovery goes smoothly.

4 road games in 5 nights for the Raptors starting tonight... I really hope Silver does change the schedule because that's a ridiculous stretch for any team to play.

SPLASH BROS THAT IS ALL

Guest Phailadelphia

OKC got better just by getting rid of Perkins.

Perk had been pretty great off the bench this year. He actually led the reserves in plus/minus. And his locker room presence will be sorely missed. He changed this team's attitude when he came in a few years ago, and he's helped keep guys--even KD & Westbrook--in line.

After Utah buys him out I hope he signs with Cleveland and not the Clippers. I fuckin hate the Clippers.

Edit: And Woj just dropped this as soon as I made this post! Haha. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-emerge-as-frontrunners-to-sign-kendrick-perkins-161310057-nba.html

Perk probable to Cleveland. I like it.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Not at all surprised that the 76ers traded away MCW. Guy is really not that good. Although it just seems like they keep taking a couple steps forward, and a lot more backwards.

Perk had been pretty great off the bench this year. He actually led the reserves in plus/minus. And his locker room presence will be sorely missed. He changed this team's attitude when he came in a few years ago, and he's helped keep guys--even KD & Westbrook--in line.

After Utah buys him out I hope he signs with Cleveland and not the Clippers. I fuckin hate the Clippers.

Edit: And Woj just dropped this as soon as I made this post! Haha. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--cavaliers-emerge-as-frontrunners-to-sign-kendrick-perkins-161310057-nba.html

Perk probable to Cleveland. I like it.

Great. I wanted him to sign with us and I know we're in the running for him but damn. If they get him that's just yet another big man to abuse Gasol. Mozgov already handles him nicely.

Guest Phailadelphia

Great. I wanted him to sign with us and I know we're in the running for him but damn. If they get him that's just yet another big man to abuse Gasol. Mozgov already handles him nicely.

Yep. For all his faults, Perk is probably still the best low post defender in the league. Dude is crazy strong and very disciplined fundamentally.

It's being reported that Perkins has now verbally agreed to sign with Cleveland soon as he's off waivers. It's being reported as well from the same source that he agreed to do so after receiving a personal recruitment from LeBron.

For as much as I respect LeBron for being one of the greatest players ever and just his pure talent at the game, I cannot fucking stand how much one player can influence the entire league. I'm not gonna go on any type of rant here but it's just annoying. It happened in Miami and it's happening in Cleveland now. In the span of one season Cleveland went from "lucky to make playoffs" to "shocking if they don't win it all". And it's all because of one player. I wish there was something that could be done about this type of recruiting, to be honest. I just don't think there's any fair or reasonable way to do it.

someone could just claim him off waivers, his contract is probably prohibitive, but wouldn't it be hilarious if some shitty team with a lot of cap space did it just as a screw you?

It's being reported that Perkins has now verbally agreed to sign with Cleveland soon as he's off waivers. It's being reported as well from the same source that he agreed to do so after receiving a personal recruitment from LeBron.

For as much as I respect LeBron for being one of the greatest players ever and just his pure talent at the game, I cannot fucking stand how much one player can influence the entire league. I'm not gonna go on any type of rant here but it's just annoying. It happened in Miami and it's happening in Cleveland now. In the span of one season Cleveland went from "lucky to make playoffs" to "shocking if they don't win it all". And it's all because of one player. I wish there was something that could be done about this type of recruiting, to be honest. I just don't think there's any fair or reasonable way to do it.

That's how the NBA rolls. :yep:

Guest Phailadelphia

Guys, I know we're only two games in, but...OKC's offense with the new guys...and KD isn't even on the floor. Holy shit.

Edit: Russ finished with 31 points, 17 assists, 7 rebounds in less than 30 min...only the 3rd player ever to put up 20/15/5+ in less than 30 min. If he hadn't missed so many games this year he'd be leading MVP voting. No one is playing better.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Well you can count the Pelicans out of the playoffs. AD is out for the next 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury, and Ryan Anderson is out for 2-4 weeks with a mcl sprain.

There's no point in any team claiming Perk to screw Cleveland. He's not going to be an important piece of anything.

The offensive foul call on Richard Jefferson's dunk tonight is one of the worst calls in NBA history...

Jeff Hornacek has no idea how to manage his bench at all... If it turns out to be an injury, I will eat my words, but it looks like Gerald Green has not only been benched, but was held out of the entire game tonight... Lmao. Consistently one of the hardest workers and highest energy players on the team...

Oh, and Isaiah Thomas absolutely destroyed us.

This team is such a joke.

Derrick Rose is Tracy McGrady part II. Both peaked at a young age due to injuries, and both struggled to/never really regained their previous form.

Rose has the chance to get back to form. He isn't McGrady or Brandon Roy (the biggest falling off I think I've ever seen), or even Danny Granger. Derrick Rose will be a great player in this league again.

I really doubt that, and I know others do, too.

His knees don't seem to have the same degenerative conditions as Roy's or McGrady's. That, or the Bulls are hiding it.

Fuck my life and kill me now. Why does this keep happening to us? What did this happen in practice or something? He played last night for the whole game, left without a peep, and now all the sudden he's hurt.

I was on the verge of tears you guys have no idea.

The only thing we can hope for is that Jimmy Butler can put the team on his back for the rest of the season or some shit idk. Nobody else is capable of it..

Bware, he has the talent.. that will never go.. but his knees are SHOT. His body will never allow him to truly return to form. Never.