By JORDAN GARRETSON

STATS Writer

(AP) -- The New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens have enjoyed more playoff success than all other teams over the last 15 years.

While New England has also been the league's most dominant home team in the same span, that hasn't necessarily meant much against Baltimore in the postseason.

New England hosts Baltimore in a divisional matchup Saturday as these teams continue what has developed into one of the NFL's best playoff rivalries in recent memory.

The Patriots (12-4) lead all teams with an 18-8 playoff record since 2000, while Baltimore (11-6) is second at 15-7. Their mirrored success has led to numerous run-ins, and Saturday marks their fourth postseason meeting in six years.

"There's experience against this team," Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels said. "We know a lot of their players and some of their schemes, but I think each time we've played them our team has been different, their team has been different."

In the same time frame, New England's 109 home wins in are at least 14 more than the second-most successful team. That includes a 12-3 postseason record.

The Patriots, who are coming off a first-round bye for the fifth consecutive season, have home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs as they seek their first Super Bowl appearance in three years. They reached the league's championship game two of the last three times they claimed the conference's top seed.

"We've put ourselves in a good position," said Tom Brady, whose 18 playoff wins are the most in league history. "We've just got to take advantage of it."

Though New England leads the all-time series 8-3, two of its three home playoff losses since 2000 have come in three meetings with Baltimore. The Ravens outscored the Patriots 21-0 in the second half of a 28-13 AFC championship game victory two years ago. Joe Flacco threw three touchdown passes while New England scored one TD on four red-zone possessions, with Brady being intercepted on each of his last two drives.

Brady also threw two picks in the previous year's AFC title game, but ran in the go-ahead touchdown in a 23-20 victory.

Baltimore scored 24 first-quarter points, ran the ball 52 times and intercepted Brady three times in a 33-14 wild-card win following the 2009 season.

These teams are vastly different in some respects from those meetings, however. The top two receivers from each club in the last matchup - Anquan Boldin and Dennis Pitta for Baltimore and Aaron Hernandez and Wes Welker for New England - are not around.

Ray Rice, who ran for 274 yards and three TDs in the three postseason meetings, is no longer with the Ravens. Cary Williams and Dannell Ellerbe are also gone after picking off Brady in the most recent playoff matchup.

Given the differences, coach John Harbaugh downplayed Baltimore's success in the postseason series.

"I don't think it really matters," he told the team's official website. "It's a new game. Really, the past, the future, it's just whoever plays best Saturday afternoon is going to be the team that wins the game."

The Ravens are one of two teams, along with Carolina, with winning playoff road records. Baltimore is 10-5, tied with Green Bay for the most wins in league history despite playing at least two fewer games than all teams with seven or more such victories.

Last week's 30-17 victory in Pittsburgh was its third straight road playoff win. Harbaugh is 7-4, tied with Tom Coughlin and Tom Landry for the most road postseason wins in league history.

"I really don't have an explanation for that other than the fact that we played well," Harbaugh said. "You've got to play well on the road, obviously, to have a chance to win."

Flacco's seven road playoff wins are a record. He has thrown for 17 TDs with one interception while winning six of his last seven postseason games and posted a 117.2 passer rating in Baltimore's run to the 2012 title. He cashed in the following offseason with a six-year, $120.6 million deal.

Harbaugh called Flacco "the best quarterback in football" after he was 18 of 29 for 259 yards and two TDs against the Steelers. He ranked 16th this season in terms of passer rating, but ranks 12th all-time in the playoffs.

"At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what everybody wants to think," Flacco said. "It obviously means a lot for a head coach to stand up in front of everybody in the whole world and say those kind of things. Whether it really means anything, I don't know. But it definitely means a lot to me."

New England coach Bill Belichick can tie Landry for the most playoff wins with his 20th, while Brady's 18 postseason wins lead all quarterbacks. Brady has thrown seven TDs with five interceptions while splitting his last six playoff games, however. He was 8 of 16 for 80 yards while playing only the first half in a Week 17 loss to Buffalo. The Patriots had already clinched home field.

"I don't think that's really useful," Brady said of recent playoff performances. "We can't change what has happened. You just have to move forward and you have to think about the things that we've done really well this year."

Source: Hosted.Stats.com

Rooting for a meteor to wipe out foxboro during the game.

:Ravens: 20

:Patriots: 34

Baltimore's got that streak going again. This one's an instant classic, though.

:Ravens: 34

:patriots: 31

• Upvote 2

Actual prediction:

:Ravens: 40

:patriots: 24

:Patriots: 34

:Ravens: 23

Late, but whatevs

Jonas Gray (ankle) is inactive for Saturday's Divisional Round game against Baltimore.

Gray was limited in practice with an ankle injury, but this is a healthy scratch. LeGarrette Blount will handle the majority of work against the Ravens, with Shane Vereen playing on pass downs.
Also inactive for the Patriots are RB James White, WR Josh Boyce, OL Jordan Devey, DE Zach Moore, OL Cameron Fleming, and TE Steve Maneri.

Ravens LT Eugene Monroe (ankle) is active for Saturday's Divisional Round game against the Patriots.

Monroe was listed as questionable after practicing on a limited basis this week. He wasn't on the field with the first-team during pre-game warmups and isn't a lock to start. Monroe's return would be an upgrade in pass protection for Joe Flacco, with James Hurst likely moving to right tackle.
The Ravens inactives are DE DeAngelo Tyson, CB Chris Greenwood, NT Terrence Cody, OL Ryan Jensen, DT Casey Walker, TE Phillip Supernaw, and DE Steven Means.

Vin, why are you waiting until the game is over to post injuries.

Refs blew that one. Mosley was draped all over Gronk. I'm all for letting the players play without making it a flagfest, but that was a terrible missed call.

• Upvote 1

At least this has been a good game. I'm not looking forward to seeing the winner in the superb owl though.

• Upvote 2

Wow what a game. I have so many thoughts but I'll give the tl;dr version

- entire offense was amazing, especially Nate Solder and Vollmer. The middle of the oline did great too allowing Brady to step up on many plays. Solder would get my game ball though. Amazing performance from him.

- Defense: Jamie Collins was good, Harmon and McCourty had great INTs, everyone/thing else sucked. Revis was pretty bad. The PI call, and holding when we got a strip sack, were killers. He also gave up a TD to Steve Smith to make it 14-0.

- Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich get an F- from me. Flacco isn't gonna need to wash his jersey after the game cause it's still clean.

- Opposing RBs and TEs are absolutely always wide open in the flats, we're getting outflanked. Must be fixed.

- At times, moving the football against our defense was child's play. Men vs boys on the LOS.

- I am 100% positive that if Harmon dropped that interception we would've lost. That was our only chance of stopping them. I can't believe Flacco did that instead of just taking the 5-10 yard completions that he was easily getting. Could've easily marched down the field by taking the short completions but he got greedy.

- Not gonna say anything about the refs cause it will sound whiny. I'll let ppl without a rooting interest form their own opinions on that.

Edited by RevisFan81
  • Upvote 1

Baltimore's got that streak going again. This one's an instant classic, though.

:Ravens: 34

:patriots: 31

Pretty close to an instant classic in my mind.

Ya'll really thought I was bullshitting when I said I wasn't worried one bit when the Pats were down 14-0? There was truly never a doubt. No need to be a super sad cunt like Bware and turn the game off in the 1st quarter to go watch some gay TV series. Easy to have plenty of faith in this Pats team. They just have it this year. Different team, different mentality from the past several years.

Never a worry, never a panic during this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6AfcoG4o8

the-people-image-7-566547986.jpg

FritzlSun.jpg

2jb8sig.gif

SetSize280240-afc-championship2.png

wrestlg-WWE-in-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f

Ya, best game of the playoffs so far. :yep:

I really don't think Denver or Indy can walk into New England and win that game... Patriots might just be Super Bowl bound.