And here I thought this was a different team... Execution errors and dumb mistakes in the playoffs are a Packer staple and have been for years. Gotta love the status quo. Lotta game left, but we won't win playing like this.

:ooo:

AARON RODGERS IN THE SECOND HALF. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE. HE IS SUPER NATURAL.

Without even discussing the controversial call on the Bryant catch/non-catch, we need to point out, for the record, that if the call is upheld, the Cowboys probably score a TD and go for two to take a three-point lead. Even if they convert, they're up 29-26, and Aaron Rodgers gets the ball back with plenty of time.

So it's not like upholding the catch would have definitively secured a win for Dallas, as many will undoubtedly forget over the next few days.

• Upvote 1

None of that matters, SteVo. It ended the game, for all intents and purposes. It's the worst call since Fail Mary.

Dez made the catch by the standards of the rule. He landed on his feet, moved toward the endzone, and reached out with his left arm. It was a terrible call. No ifs, ands, or buts. It was the wrong call, even by the NFL's Rules.

Once again, the NFL undoes itself with rules that are too damn vague. Officials don't apply the rules the same way. They need to.

I was petrified at how much holding the Cowboys Oline got away with... I know all lines do it and what not, but it was some egregious missed calls there. DeMarco Murray had 2 very nice carries, Randle had 1 nice carry. Other than those 3 plays, the Packers Dline manhandled the Dallas front 5. 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, Murray held to under 3 YPC minus those two really nice plays...

I don't know how Aaron is going to suit up against Seattle and do anything of note... But I believe anyway!

• Upvote 2

None of that matters, SteVo. It ended the game, for all intents and purposes. It's the worst call since Fail Mary.

Dez made the catch by the standards of the rule. He landed on his feet, moved toward the endzone, and reached out with his left arm. It was a terrible call. No ifs, ands, or buts. It was the wrong call, even by the NFL's Rules.

Once again, the NFL undoes itself with rules that are too damn vague. Officials don't apply the rules the same way. They need to.

The rule was upheld as it was written. It's a bad rule.. A terrible one, that shouldn't exist. But it was 'correct', so to speak.

It doesn't matter anyway. That crew was a little off all day. Dallas got a gift on their 2nd drive of the game to find their way to the endzone (not that I am complaining), Packers got away with a roughing the passer on the same TD pass... Cowboys Oline held more than I have ever seen an Oline get away with in a game ever... Packers got away with a Cobb 'catch'.

In this league... You have to go into each game and play at a level that surpasses the officials. You need to play to a point where no matter where, how, or when they make a call... You are still gonna win the game.

This is especially hard because I don't know how much longer Tony Romo is going to hold up. He's clearly not the same quarterback, physically, and every hit he takes has me holding my breath until I see him get up. This was his best chance to win a Super Bowl, and to have it taken from him like that has me beyond livid. At the same time, and this is something Dallas fans need to consider--why not run routes to just get the first down? Why not give Tony a quick option? Why not just run it with Murray. It's 2 yards. That OL and DeMarco could have picked that up in their sleep.

Tony Romo is the best quarterback in franchise history based on everything that he can do, but he'll never be remembered as that because he'll never get a real shot at a Super Bowl title.

Great job by Tony to not turn the ball over in these two games. As far as I'm concerned, Tony Romo was nearly perfect in these two ball games. People should at least know how good he is, at this point.

The Dallas Cowboys need to find some more corners, resign Bruce Carter AND Justin Durant, and move on from both Rolando McClain and Sean lee, imo. I'd like them to try bring Rolando back, but don't break the bank for a player who clearly wasn't as good as people were acting like. Anthony Hitchens is the real deal. Move forward with him entrenched in a starting spot.

They also need to find pass rushers.

As far as I'm concerned, Tony Romo was nearly perfect in these two ball games. People should at least know how good he is, at this point.

When the inevitable "top 10 QB" threads come out at TGP in a few weeks, I'll probably have Romo at #5 on my list. He definitely wasn't the reason they lost.

That's the thing... Dallas called pass plays on MULTIPLE hort yardage situations that ended up in a punt and a turnover (IIRC). They need a total of 3 yards on those two plays and got 0, costing the Cowboys drives and potentially points. Now, Romo was excellent for 3/4 of this game, so I can only question that so much... but you have to wonder, anyway.

Secondly... Where did the defense go. It went from causing Aaron Rodgers to be visibly upset and frustrated to crumbling under pressure. Aaron Rodgers finished the game 10/10, 146 yards, and 2 TD... HOW DOES THAT EVEN HAPPEN. I am still in shock. He looked so bad.. Or so average through 3 quarters. And then.. Poof.

With that said, I think the Cowboys have a bright future. Romo finally understand his role in this offense, and he is playing the best football of his life. As long he remembers his place and doesn't try forcing things... He will have plenty of chances moving forward.

b6041fa644e717d447debfec6ab583f664180ded

Let him have hi s delusions Brady, please.

Stuck at work. All I know is Cowboys lost.

:megusta: :megusta: :megusta:

Edited by FartWaffles
  • Upvote 1

2f07s79.jpg

This guy was pretty good.

roger-staubach.jpg

Tony has a wider skill set, is just as clutch, and has spent YEARS without nearly as much around him. He's a better player than Roger Staubach. I think Staubach has even said it.

When comparing players, rings don't matter when one had significantly better pieces around him.

Edited by BwareDWare94

We're gonna be murdered next week but it's nice to not be one and done for once.

We're gonna be murdered next week but it's nice to not be one and done for once.

You won the Super Bowl like 5 years ago. Don't act spoiled

You won the Super Bowl like 5 years ago. Don't act spoiled

It's spoiled to be happy to not be one and done after being one and done for the last 4 years since the Super Bowl? Spoiled to want your team to start playing to its expectations in the postseason? K. Shit I know you're upset about the game but dude come on.

It's spoiled to be happy to not be one and done after being one and done for the last 4 years since the Super Bowl? Spoiled to want your team to start playing to its expectations in the postseason? K. Shit I know you're upset about the game but dude come on.

You are the fan of a team that routinely makes the playoffs. You are spoiled, as a fan, and you know it. Be grateful that they're there in the first place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Nah. I want to win. Just getting to the playoffs means nothing. Is it nice to win the division? Sure. Is it nice to make the playoffs? Sure. But winning is what this is about. Winning is what you should want to do with in the playoffs. That's not being spoiled, that's being greedy.

If you don't want to win in the playoffs, kindly take your team and get eliminated to make way for somebody who wants to carry on.

Yea i have to agree just making the playoffs isn't enough you should aim for the Sueprbowl shouldn't just be happy about making the playoffs because you never know if you will get back.

I'm not saying players should feel that way. I'm saying fortunate fans should understand that they're fortunate to be rooting for routinely good teams.

Other fans aren't so lucky. This is about perspective.