Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

2014 PFF Offensive Line Rankings

Eagles with a billion injuries still #2

...Is this based on them adding their grades of each linemen together? Cause that's the only way this list makes any sense.

Philly's HBs ran for 4.2 YPC according to NFL.com, gave up a ton of negative runs on all sides of the line. FO has them at either 20 or worse when running the ball behind everyone but the LT which is 18th, and has them dead last when running the ball towards the RT. I'm just box-score scouting as I didn't watch the Eagles that much, so excuse my ignorance.

I don't mean to hate on the Lions either but, 14th is far too generous. This list is pretty meh.

Also, Jacksonville gave up over 70 sacks this season. They gave up sacks 2% more then anyone else when adjusted for pass attempts. How are they 15th in pass blocking??

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

It's safe to say the Vikings are worse than 21st. Matt Kalil blew cock this year and we've been playing three back-ups that by and large have been pretty terrible. Both tackles were playing poorly when healthy this season.

25 sounds way too high for the Bucs considering McCown had a defender in his face on every down. Not to mention they ranked the atrocious run blocking #10. I can't imagine how they came up with these rankings.

I'd like to see the Browns before/after Mack's injury. They looked terrible without him

...Is this based on them adding their grades of each linemen together? Cause that's the only way this list makes any sense.

Philly's HBs ran for 4.2 YPC according to NFL.com, gave up a ton of negative runs on all sides of the line. FO has them at either 20 or worse when running the ball behind everyone but the LT which is 18th, and has them dead last when running the ball towards the RT. I'm just box-score scouting as I didn't watch the Eagles that much, so excuse my ignorance.

I'd guess that's how they did it, yeah.

As for the Eagles, our YPC and negative runs were so bad this year because LeSean McCoy loves to dance around in the backfield. I think it was something psychological, because whenever the line didn't open a gaping hole, he would stop and try to run the other way, never just taking what he had. He really had a terrible season, all things considered.

I don't mean to hate on the Lions either but, 14th is far too generous. This list is pretty meh.

Also, Jacksonville gave up over 70 sacks this season. They gave up sacks 2% more then anyone else when adjusted for pass attempts. How are they 15th in pass blocking??

PFF ratings :cigar:

Bottom part of the top 10 sounds about right for the Steelers. They played pretty well overall, and there were some games that they dominated, but there were also some games in which they got pushed around. It's a good but inconsistent unit.

• Upvote 1