Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

Nats had a lot of injuries early, they've gotten healthy and caught fire lately, they may still ruin away with the division

I know and Tbh I fully expect it to happen. Like in said Mets have done better than I thought and they could easily be in contention for a WC spot if they keep plugging away and get another nice run going.

I-70 series again? The state of Missouri is running baseball right now. Woot WOOT! Woot WOOT! Seriously though, KC is just rolling on. It's like they got hot in the playoffs and something clicked. They realized that they really are good and just started having fun. It's taken them to another level, and it's really fun to watch. I waited my whole life for this? Yup, and worth every miserably year! :D

Phillies just concluded a press conference introducing Andy MacPhail and soon-to-be team president. Ruin Tomorrow Jr. wasn't even present at the conference, so I'd say his power in the Phillies' organization is approaching zero. Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the outs this offseason.

As for MacPhail, he seems like a really intelligent guy, and was actually talking about sabermetrics (gasp), something that the Phillies have ignored under Amaro.

Indians still suck :coffee:

got to watch them lose at Camden Yards yesterday (I was at the 4-0 game, not the 8-0 game)

The NL is really competitive this year.

AL is weaksauce though, for the most part IMO.

That would be cool to see another 4,000 career strikeout pitcher.

Jays bats break out today and kill the Red Sox. Just 0.5 out in the East now.

I'm glad F4E isn't like Trident.

"Oh, the Cards have lost 2 games in a row? Fire/trade everyone, you miserable scrubs!"

:smug:

Cards fire scouting director Chris Correa in connection with the Astros hacking incident.

A scouting director is pretty high up there in baseball management. Wow.

David Cameron@DCameronFG 2m

Friend in the game, on Chris Correa’s firing: "One of the most talented and smartest people I've met in baseball. Huge loss for STL."

Edited by Sarge

Indians have own 4 in a row. If we can get a more consistent offense this team will be a lot better. Our pitching has been pretty solid this year.

Cards fire scouting director Chris Correa in connection with the Astros hacking incident.

A scouting director is pretty high up there in baseball management. Wow.

Damn. Wonder who's next on the list.

Not sure, but this definitely isn't over yet.

3 losses in a row... this is the slump we've all been waiting for. See how long it lasts.

I don't think the Cardinals will have any prolonged slumps.

But they simply cannot continue winning at the same clip they have so far this season. They're a really good team, but not this much better than everyone else.

I don't think the Cardinals will have any prolonged slumps.

But they simply cannot continue winning at the same clip they have so far this season. They're a really good team, but not this much better than everyone else.

There is a lot going on right now though. I think it would be really tough to not have anything change. And Tim Cooney is like the #8 starter right now (if everyone were healthy) -- which makes things a lot harder. I think he's a good pitcher, ftr, and he'd be real close to the majors anyway. But he wouldn't be here unless they really needed him. I don't think we will lose 10 in a row or anything like that. We have been winning close to 2 games for every loss though. I think that will slip closer to 50% win rate.

Yea your pitching is going to regress a bit. That's inevitable regardless of circumstances. But it'll still be one of the top staffs in the NL.

If the Twins are going to trade Plouffe and Hicks, they better get a catcher who can actually hit the damn ball. Suzuki is embarrassing at the plate right now.

In the Rocks-D-Backs game a De La Rosa won and a De La Rosa lost.

Steven Matz :ooo:

• Upvote 1

Glad that Jacob DeGrom was an NL starter. Kid has been dealing this season and more than deserves it.

Cueto > Scherzer :smug:

As a big fan of Prince Fielder can I just say how boss his .AVG is this season.

His career AVG is .288 so far this season his AVG is .344 he is hitting insanly well for the Rangers. He is 3rd in the league on AVG.

Edited by Bangy

Awesome seeing the Pirates help the grounds crew with the tarp last night.

2nd best record in baseball but we're still 4.5 behind the Cards. Fuck off pls.

Hope Cueto wins final vote.