Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

Mits :yes:

Zack Greinke will be opting out of his deal with the Dodgers that is to pay him $71M over the next 3 years.

I will be very angry if the Twins don't pursue an ace. Greinke or Price, please.

But they'll never do it. They always trot out a 3 as their "ace" and fill out their rotation with borderline starters

Still alive after that embarrassing beat down in game 4. Estrada pitched beautifully tonight and Tulo with the clutch 3 run double!

Game 6 Friday in K.C. Price gets the start so the odds are good for forcing a Game 7. Let`s get it done, Jays!

And congrats to the N.Y. Mets for sweeping the Cubbies in the NLCS tonight! That was one hell of a great series for them. Everything went right for N.Y.: pitching, hitting, fielding. Can`t wait to see them in the World Series.

And congrats to the N.Y. Mets for sweeping the Cubbies in the NLCS tonight! That was one hell of a great series for them. Everything went right for N.Y.: pitching, hitting, fielding. Can`t wait to see them in the World Series.

is anyone really surprised that the Mets' pitching shut down the Cubs? they were so reliant on home runs against St. Louis and that's not a sustainable offense especially when you're facing a pitching staff as good as the Mets' has been, guess I'm rooting for the Blue Jays or Royals

I don't think Hen was saying it was surprising. He was just re-capping what happened.

This is crazy. I said before the trade deadline if the Mets got some bats they could make noise. But I still didn't quite see things turning out this way.

Edited by Sarge

I suppose quoting him wasn't really necessary, I was just providing my commentary

After seeing how Cub fans randomly appeared after winning one playoff series, I kinda don't want to see them be good ever again.I understand it's been a while and that they should be happy, but it was very much a "coming out of the woodwork" feeling. Cubs would win, and I would see 10,000,000 things on my facebook page. They lose? Absolutely nothing. Silence. Let the Curse of the Billy Goat continue for another 107 years as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

it's because casual fans get the loudest when something unexpected happens, so when the Cubs are winning it gets a lot of traction, when they lose, well, what did you expect?

I'll be honest, this is almost the perfect first season with the Mets. Royals vs Mets is going to be a great World Series. Great pitching match ups and hopefully Murphy can continue his HR streak. He really has been locked in all playoffs.

Fuck off, Bangywagon.

I hope the Royals start the series up 3-0 so your bandwagon ass hops off, then the Mets storm back to win because Ed is a real fan and deserves the W.

• Upvote 2

Hahaha Fuck you both, I generally hope not just for myself but for fans like Blue who have been fans for longer than myself.

Just for the fact that it's been far too long since the Mets won the world series so fans like Ed can enjoy the fact that through all the hard years his fandom he gets the WS that deserves.

Plus the fact that you can be sour as fuck that I happened to go with the Mets before the season started and that I was lucky enough to witness them be in the WS while you're all salty as Fuck.

Edited by Bangy
  • Downvote 5

Lmao most of you are only rooting against the Mets because of me.

I generally hope the Mets do win and not for my own happiness. As I said considering the las time the Mets were in the WS was 2000 that's long enough for fans such as Ed to wait. If the Mets do win I hope Ed lives it up and enjoys every moment.

Funny how fickle most of you are though seeing as non of you thought when I started following the Mets this season you said nothing and yet I've been lucky enough to see them get there my first season following them your salty as Fuck.

Once again your right Ed is the only TGPer that deserves the Mets to win. If they do I'll just be happy knowing how hard you all bitch because of my luck. Glad to say I won't be using TGP after tonight.

• Downvote 4

Well that certainly sucked how the Jays season ended. 2 on and no out in the 9th, only to see K.C. shut us down, especially after Jose tied it up.

That being said, this was one hell of a ride. Finishing the regular season with a division title and ending just 2 wins short of a World Series trip after 21 non-playoff years was amazing. Proud of Toronto for what they accomplished this season.

Going to be an interesting off season though. I'd love to see Estrada and Price stick around as well as Tulo. Hopefully, we don't lose too many players this offseason, and can improve enough to make a return trip to the playoffs in 2016.

Congrats to K.C. on winning the ALCS. :yep:

I'm going with the Mets in 6 or 7 in the World Series. I don't think the layoff will hurt them at all. Plus they've already proven they didn't need HFA to beat the Dodgers.

• Upvote 2

Lmao most of you are only rooting against the Mets because of me.

me rooting against the Mets has nothing to do with you :dry:

Nobody is actually rooting against the Mets at all really... Bangy just got sand in the wrong place. Really don't get why you freaked out, dude. What we said to you was beyond mellow compared to what has been said to you in the past. If you want to get on your feelings, we can't stop you. But to say you overreacted is an understatement.

Nobody is actually rooting against the Mets at all really.

:hiya: I'm rooting against the Mets, but as I said it has nothing to do with Bangy and everything to do with the fact that I'm a Nats fan and a :hater:

Yea a Nats fan and a Phillies fan rooting against the Mets.... but fuck you guys though! /Bangy

Step right up and beat the Mets.

Edited by GA_Eagle
  • Upvote 1

I'm a Braves fan and I almost hope the Mets win strictly because of BLUE, he's taken alot of shit from me and just in general as being a Mets fan...

Stop being a cunt, Bangy.