Favre4Ever

2015 NFL Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Mile should be skipped. Sarge can pick whenever.

253. Pittsburgh Steelers(Comp) -- Sarge --

254. New England Patriots(Comp) -- Air --

255. San Francisco 49ers(Comp) -- Bay --

256. Pittsburgh Steelers(Comp) -- Sarge --

257. Indianapolis Colts(Comp) -- Butta --

258. Indianapolis Colts(Comp) -- Butta --

259. Pittsburgh Steelers(Comp) -- Sarge --

260. Green Bay Packers(Comp) -- Favre4Ever --

261. Kansas City Chiefs(Comp) -- DMac --

262. Arizona Cardinals(Comp) -- MHG --

263. Baltimore Ravens(Comp) -- Razor --

264. New Orleans Saints(Comp) -- MOTM --

So here's my haul for the Eagles:

• CB Jalen Collins, LSU
  • WR Phillip Dorsett, Miami
  • QB Brett Hundley, UCLA
  • S Kurtis Drummond, Michigan State
  • OG Jamil Douglas, Arizona State
  • C Reese Dismukes, Auburn
  • DE Corey Crawford, Clemson
  • DE/DT Joey Mbu, Houston

Overall, I like it. I know Collins and Dorsett were viewed as reaches at the time, but Collins was a pick made thinking about 2-3 years from now, which is what drafting rookies is all about. Hundley would be a fascinating project for our offense, and there's solid value the rest of the way. The only problem is I didn't draft any Oregon players. Coach Kelly would not approve.

• Upvote 1

Rams haul in mock draft.

Leonard Williams.

Marcus Peters.

Laken Tomlinson.

Gerod Holliman.

Tre McBride.

Jake Ryan.

Antwan Goodley.

Matt Jones.

Ryan Russell.

Bungles haul.

Denzel Perryman.

Byron Jones.

Ty Sambrailo.

Za'Darius Smith.

Anthony Harris.

Brandon Bridge.

Wes Saxton.

Shaquille Riddick.

IMO I aced the Bengals draft. Rams top guys gotta be great for me.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Why would we not do the full 7 rounds? It hasn't been that bad and we are still a couple weeks before the actual draft.

Overall, I like it. I know Collins and Dorsett were viewed as reaches at the time, but Collins was a pick made thinking about 2-3 years from now, which is what drafting rookies is all about. Hundley would be a fascinating project for our offense, and there's solid value the rest of the way. The only problem is I didn't draft any Oregon players. Coach Kelly would not approve.

Would not approve at all :nonono:

Sorry for the delay. Broncos traded their 7th for McManus and I completely forgot they got a comp in the 7th, thought I was done. Pick made at any rate.

Sorry for the delay. Broncos traded their 7th for McManus and I completely forgot they got a comp in the 7th, thought I was done. Pick made at any rate.

You still have to pick for the Cardinals...

You still have to pick for the Cardinals...

Yeah I got that one ready.

Yea I like him a lot. I think he could go as high as the late 3rd in the real draft. He's probably a 4th rounder tho. Some team in that range will relish the chance to pick him up.

Bears Draft Haul:

-Trae Waynes: At this point it would be a shock if he lasted past the top 10. Despite mixed opinions he has one of the higher ceilings in a class of DBs with a bunch of raw unfinished products. Playing opposite Fuller would give him the luxury of a mentor for years to come.

-Eric Kendricks: His stock is starting to fall towards the 2nd round, but with two top 20 picks I had the luxury of going after the player I wanted. His personality and natural leadership needs to be valued. He loves the game of football and will be one of the hardest workers on a team that needs a locker room change and new attitude on defense.

-Preston Smith: This is right around where he might go unless someone falls in love with him and takes him in the back of the 1st. Too excited when he was still on the board. The jack of all trades when it comes to a 3-4 front. He can play on the edge for heavy run downs. Be a penetrating DE or even go over the nose on long passing situations.

-Darren Waller: Having Marshall get traded maybe should have changed the type of receiver I went after, but I see Marquess Wilson winning the second spot with Royal in the slot. Waller is all potential and I like what he could become. He takes Wilson spot as the receiver in training.

-Bryan Bennett: I don't know that there are any QB answers outside of Winston in this draft, but it is time the Bears took someone to add to the competition. Fales has not impressed the old regime or the new one, and Bennett is an ultra-talented player that had his college career derailed by another talented player (Mariota). His mix of athleticism and gun-slinger mentality is a dynamic we haven't seen in Chicago.

-Markus Golden: Big time player in college that will have to be a special team beast in the league. With his tools and hustle he may very well see some time at a crowded OLB position.

Overall Grade: B

At the end of the day it is highly unlikely the Bears would even dream of going after Cleveland's two picks. But as the guy in charge I knew right away I wanted the talent from the top of this draft not the bottom. I honestly lost some value with Waller and Bennett which were two reaches in retrospect. Addressing safety or possibly another corner would have made sense, and as stated above a different more game-ready receiver would have probably been my best option. The strength of my draft is def in my first 3 picks.

Fun game, yall

:jags:

1) Vic Beasley, LEO

My top edge rusher, traded back and got an extra 2nd & 4th and still got him. Athletically a freak and it shows on tape given his legit quick first step and change of direction. He's a former RB so when he uses his speed around the corner he can dip his hips around the corner to finish. Not just a speed outside guy either, sets guys up inside later in the game after he gets them on skates. Also has a spin move he's worked on. Liability at times in the run game but he's here to fill the speed off the edge role on defense and get sacks which are rare not tackle runners. Fills need + BPA in my eyes so I love it.

2a) Carl Davis, DT

Was surprised he was still on the board. Bet on Ajayi making it to next pick so grabbed him as another quick footed penetrating 3T to rotate. Honestly if I could redo I might go more need here and take Stephone Anthony the LB here instead. This was a spur of the moment pick that snuck up on me.

2b) Jay Ajayi, RB

Always my 2nd round target going in before I knew I'd have two picks. Fills Jags need for a lead back of the future. Still needs to mature as a runner but he's the total package in terms of running & receiving. Impressive short area quickness and burst, even more impressive balance. One of the "wildcard" (if everything goes right) potential stars of the draft IMO.

3) Justin Hardy, WR

He was in my sig leading up to the mock draft game for weeks. Huge hands like OBJ and it shows on tape as he snatches it out the air with a defender draped over him. Same type of wide catch radius but obviously we're here in the 3rd round so these are different athletes. Strictly drafted to fill the Jags' slot WR need and that's just what his game translates to in the NFL. Very quick out of his breaks/routes (2nd best 3-cone time no matter position at the Combine— measures short area quickness) so he makes up for his average speed.

4a) Ben Heeney, LB

Like Hardy, Heeney has the 5th best 3-cone time. There's a theme here. I'm not completely sold on Heeney as a starter in the NFL but in the 4th round I figured I'd take a flier on a potential hidden talent. He has the quickness and instincts to make up for his size ala a Chris Borland it just remains to be seen if he'll pass the test in the NFL. One of the hardest prospects to grade too because his teammates were so bad.

4b) Eric Rowe, FS

Another prospect somewhat hard to judge given I'm taking him as a free safety and not CB where he played mostly this past year (he played FS before that though.) I was a fan of HaHa Clinton-Dix last year and honestly watching Rowe's 2013 games at FS I had some instances of deja vu because they win the same ways. Oh yeah... did I mention? Tied for 6th best 3-cone time no matter position at the combine here behind Hardy, Heeney, and tied with Phillip Dorsett a known burner. Jags have a big ? at FS and Rowe is my attempt at finding a fix.

5) Nick Marshall, DB

Was impressed by his ball skills at the Senior Bowl and when used as a press corner with his length and agility I see a nice raw piece for Gus Bradley to mold. Not unlike the Jags taking Denard Robinson in 2013 another former college QB in the 5th round so why not do it again?

6) Rannell Hill, WR

Brings return ability, another WR to compete with Hardy and the others. Reunites with Bortles. 6.86 3-cone time, quick. Adjusts to the ball in the air well, goes and gets it.

7) Terry Williams, NT

Ecstatic with this pick as I think he's up there as possibly the best NT in the draft and this is the 7th round. Obviously he has big character issues so in the 7th I don't care I'm taking him. Stocky, stout, quick as all hell and strong. He's a force in the middle. He even has a swim move for some bonus pass pressure from your NT. Roy Miller has had lots of injuries in the past so grabbing another plug in the 7th? Sure.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson
  • Upvote 1

All that worry that we wouldn't finish it before the draft due to the slow first round and we clear it easy. GG BOIZ

Redskins:

#5: Dante Fowler Jr., LB

#54: Duke Johnson, RB

#95: Mario Edwards Jr, DE

#105: Daryl Williams, OT

#125: Charles Gaines, CB

#140: James Sample. S

#180: Ladarius Gunter, CB

#198: Zach Vigil, ILB

#224: Connor Halliday, QB

Cowboys:

#27: Malcom Brown, DT

#60: Michael Bennett, DT

#91: Jaquiski Tartt, S

#127: Anthony Chickillo, DE

#162: Jordan Hicks, LB

#238: Terrence McGee, RB

#245: Vince Mayle, WR

I have no idea what any of this means.

• Upvote 1

You drafted like the cowboys.

Skins got Fowler and Edwards Jr and some sleepers. Lol Duke tho.

New York Jets:

#2 Marcus Mariota QB

#37 Quinten Rollens CB

#70 Tre Jackson OG

#104 Davis Till OLB

#179 Cameron Artis-Payne RB

#225 Erick Dargan S

#226 Leon Orr DT

Im pretty happy with my draft, only thing here was that the apparently people don't value future picks which is a shame as it was the only way imo I felt I could guarantee getting Mariota.

Happy with the rest though

Buffalo Bills:
R2/62 Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State
R3/81 Kwon Alexander, OLB, LSU
R4/129 Javorius Allen, RB, USC
R5/154 Adrian Amos, S, Penn State
R6/186 Kyle Loomis, P, Portland State
R6/192 Martrell Spaight, OLB, Arkansas
R7/236 Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina

Baltimore Ravens:
R1/23 Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
R2/58 Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
R3/90 Durell Eskridge, S, Syracuse
R4/122 Deion Barnes, OLB, Penn State
R4/133 Christian Covington, DL, Rice
R5/157 Max Garcia, C, Florida
R5/170 David Parry, NT, Stanford
R6/202 Damien Swann, CB, Georgia
R6/207 Matt Miller, WR, Boise State
R7/263 Dyshawn Davis, OLB, Syracuse

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, I was able to get a lot of depth on the Ravens, and I was able to steal some prospects I really liked for the Bills. Cherry wanted to trade me the rest of his draft for Eskridge, so I'm either doing something horribly right, or horribly wrong.

For the record I was way way too high on Eskridge at the moment, but he was my last star on the board. That said I'd still consider trading those picks for him. Love me some Eskridge.

Bills draft tho? Ew.

:49ers:

15. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville

46. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia

79. Alex Carter, CB, Stanford

126. Ellis McCarthy, NT, UCLA

132. Jeremiah Poutasi, G, Utah

150. Hayes Pullard, ILB, USC

188. Clayton Geathers, S, Central Florida

248. Dominique Brown, RB, Louisville

255. Chris Bonner, QB, Colorado State-Pueblo

Edited by Bay

For the record I was way way too high on Eskridge at the moment, but he was my last star on the board. That said I'd still consider trading those picks for him. Love me some Eskridge.

Bills draft tho? Ew.

Eskridge? :wut:

A star? :mjlaugh:

Eskridge? :wut:

A star? :mjlaugh:

:sigh: Let's just wait and see.

Damn Bay had a nice draft.