Favre4Ever

2015 NFL Mock Draft Discussion Thread

I look at this trade and Coples is not really that big of a piece for the Jets at least not like they would have hope so I don't have a big problem there, but Wilkerson to move up 4 spots and you didn't even get any extra picks back? :yao:

• Upvote 2

The Jets got completely and utterly robbed, especially considering there's a good chance Mariota would be sitting there at #6 anyway lol.

• Upvote 1

proven players>draft picks

Wilkerson is his only real loss here as Coples is just kinda meh, and I wouldn't say Wilkerson is worth more than 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick? If a team offered a 4 spot jump up in the first round, their next 2 first round picks, and their 2nd round pick from that year, you don't think the Jets would send Wilkerson packing?

• Upvote 1

Nope. Not when Mariota is going to be there at #6 barring a tradeup anyway.

Because in those cases you are giving away possible picks that may or may never ever pan out. You've already essentially won this whole draft thing.

In Wilkerson you have one of the most dominant defensive players in the league already, and he's 25. And Coples is young, talented, and was great when he rushed the passer.

The Jets are getting a guy who at his best is a year away from being anything. There's a difference between giving up picks and giving up known young commodities...

Nope. Not when Mariota is going to be there at #6 barring a tradeup anyway.

I had someone else trying to trade up to #2 as well, a team that also needs a QB(whether he was gonna go that route or not, I'm not sure) so there's absolutely no guarantee that Mariota would have been there.

And if Mariota was named Andrew Luck, that would be relevant.

And if Mariota was named Andrew Luck, that would be relevant.

I didn't know the Redskins traded up to take Andrew Luck.

Learn something new every day, I guess.

The Redskins traded away an unknown commodity for unknown commodities. Not a top 10 defensive player on top of a player with elite potential... The Jets fucked up.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

The Redskins traded away an unknown commodity for unknown commodities. Not a top defensive player on top of a player with elite potential... The Jets fucked up.

You can argue the rest all you want, but if Coples had elite potential he'd have more than 16.5 sacks in his 3 year career rushing the passer with Richardson, Wilkerson and Harrison in front of him, the best 3-4 DL in football, lmao.

Coples is an average at best player. At best. Sadly that's still an upgrade over the trash the Titans have at OLB right now.

Bangy may of beat out his Jimmy Clausen pick :shifty:

Skins trade was terrible as well. Not sure what the point is there.

Skins trade was terrible as well. Not sure what the point is there.

It goes to show what the value is for a team trading up to try and grab their franchise QB.

Wilk and Coples? Savage. Love the play, Air.

Really shocked there wasn't a 3rd or so in the deal.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Vikings On The Block:

------------------------------------------
11th Overall
Everson Griffen
Chad Greenway
Cordarrelle Patterson
Greg Jennings
Adrian Peterson

Packers On The Block:
-------------------------------------------

30th Overall

Micah Hyde
James Starks
Nick Perry

Inquire about other players if you wish, I will consider all options. Just tried putting up a few of the more potentially favorable names guys would be more interested in trading for.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Guess I can do the same

Titans:

All picks are available

All players not named Wilkerson, Casey, Lewan, Warmack, McCourty and Searcy are available. If you didn't know, the Titans kind of suck.

Looking for 3-4 pass rushers, CBs and every position on offense that isn't LT or RG.

Pats:

All picks are available

Willing to part with most players

Mostly looking for CB and OL help.

Chris Polk is available. Don't all PM me at once.

• Upvote 2

Wilkerson is his only real loss here as Coples is just kinda meh, and I wouldn't say Wilkerson is worth more than 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick? If a team offered a 4 spot jump up in the first round, their next 2 first round picks, and their 2nd round pick from that year, you don't think the Jets would send Wilkerson packing?

I think it'd be a close call, but I challenge your base assumption that the RG3 deal creates a fair measure, first RG3 had a lot more hype than Mariota, I know it's hard to remember but keep in mind that there were a lot of people who thought RG3 should go ahead of Luck, and Luck was a much better prospect than Winston but I haven't seen anyone put Mariota over Winston in at least a month, second, with the benefit of hindsight I don't think anyone is going to replicate the RG3 trade based on the result, you might as well say "hey, Ditka traded his whole draft for Ricky Williams, that makes that a reasonable asking price"

I think it'd be a close call, but I challenge your base assumption that the RG3 deal creates a fair measure, first RG3 had a lot more hype than Mariota, I know it's hard to remember but keep in mind that there were a lot of people who thought RG3 should go ahead of Luck, and Luck was a much better prospect than Winston but I haven't seen anyone put Mariota over Winston in at least a month, second, with the benefit of hindsight I don't think anyone is going to replicate the RG3 trade based on the result, you might as well say "hey, Ditka traded his whole draft for Ricky Williams, that makes that a reasonable asking price"

BOrvzyf.gif

It's the only reference we have to go off of for what someone is willing to trade for a franchise QB, though. Bangy in this instance viewed Mariota as his franchise QB. Had another team wanting to move up to #2 as well, and I'm sure if I made a more reasonable offer to that team they would have moved up, but given they don't run a 3-4 the pieces weren't guaranteed to fit quite as well so I was looking for more compensation just in-case, rather than going for an elite player and meh player along with first round swap.

I was pretty damn sure I was going to sit right at 2 and pick Leonard Williams. The only way I was moving is if I got a great player to add to the defense, because I am pretty much 100% sure Williams is going to be the best player out of this draft. I was able to get Wilkerson and some scrub OLB. He got his franchise QB without having to trade his entire future away, unlike the Redskins.

So you tell me :shrug:

Value is a matter of perception anyway.

yeah, it's not a trade I would do from the Jets perspective, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's unfair, and based on having multiple bidders it makes sense that they'd have to overpay a bit

Ok so I was thinking about moving up anyway as I do, I knew that once Winston had gone Mariota was going to be hit property and imo probably wasn't going to drop to 6.

I know Wilkerson is regarded as one of the best 3-4 NT's in the league however, I personally feel that Richardson has the ability to be just as good if not better.

Yes I gave away one of the teams better players but out of this I got a QB who imo is going to be a franchise guy. He shits on Geno for upside and imo would contest for the #1 spot from the get go.

It may have been an over pay but when you know another team is probably moving up to get your "franchise" guy I felt it was an necessary move.

Not even the biggest Mariota enthusiast on this site or any site thinks MM should be getting significant PT as a rookie. And anyone who does needs to look at the long history for how the spread guys have translated to the NFL in year 1.

There's a reason why teams in the first rd. always trade either prospect for prospect or prospect for picks. And when they do throw in a player its someone like a Quinton Coples. Tony Dorsett, R. Williams, Julio Jones, RG3, Watkins, etc, all these major trades happened with no player.

Trading away an elite young player, and one of the best defensive players in the league as well as another young first round talent for one unknown commodity who's at least a year away at best from contributing in any way is turrible. Unless if he's the closest thing to a sure thing as it gets.

And this is coming from a guy who every offseason harps about how teams without a franchise QB should take one if at all possible. And even applauded the Redskins for trading up

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Didn't Cam Newton come from a spread offense?

(Not that I don't agree with your overall point, but there are exceptions.)

I personally think its a horrible trade.

Edited by Thanatos19