Vin

Bucs sign Bruce Carter

Bucs agreed to terms with LB Bruce Carter, formerly of the Cowboys, on a four-year, $20 million contract.

The former second-round pick can play both the strong side and weak side in a 4-3 defense, but will man the SAM spot in Tampa Bay with Lavonte David locked in at WILL. Last year's SLB Danny Lansanah is a candidate to kick to the middle for the Bucs, replacing free agent MLB Mason Foster. Carter has been a maddeningly inconsistent player throughout his career, but always possessed elite tools. The 27-year-old is coming off a five-interception season in Dallas.

PR is reporting he will play MIKE not SAM. His contract is basically a 1 year deal if he sucks, otherwise its a decent signing for the price.

Bware sed

:(

My boy, Beast Carter.

Also, I can no longer refer to a linebacking duo as Bruce Lee.

So does Dallas plan on signing anybody? Fans have to be furious if they don't ink Murray, now.

:(

My boy, Beast Carter.

Also, I can no longer refer to a linebacking duo as Bruce Lee.

So does Dallas plan on signing anybody? Fans have to be furious if they don't ink Murray, now.

I think Derrick Morgan and McClain are the only two options Dallas has in mind. And I don't think Carter ever lived up to being a second rounder. Good luck with the Bucs.

The Bucs have promoted fourth-round pick Kwon Alexander to their starting middle linebacker.

In part, at least, it's a show of displeasure in free agent addition Bruce Carter, to whom the Bucs signed a four-year, $17 million deal this past March. At 6-foot-1 and 227 pounds, Alexander is an undersized Mike 'backer who may only play on early downs in Tampa Bay. Alexander does have plus speed (4.55), but we had him pegged as a future special teamer coming out of LSU.

Lol. Pathetic. Bruce has never been a practice standout. He'll be getting starter snaps after a quarter.

Bware loves cowboy/old cowboy trash.

• Upvote 1

Bruce Carter has been good or most of his career. It's not like he's Tanard Choice out there playing 3rd string for Washington and Buffalo.

I did it for the lulz! I did it for the lulz!

I honestly still like Carter. Alexander has just been so awesome at camp and in the first preseason game that he deserves this opportunity. Kind of like how Russell Wilson won his job right away in camp.