Zack_of_Steel

Proof that Nebraska is the worst place on Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ALnIe1ZhcI&feature=youtu.be

Outside my apartment earlier. It's been doing this all day. We used to have four distinct seasons, but for the past 4-5 years it's snowed a bunch in April and October, leaving us with the majority of the year either snowing or 90+.

How shitty is your weather?

It's not nearly as bad because we don't have your ungodly heat and humidity all summer, but our cold is colder.

For the record, I think Omaha's going to win it all, starting tonight. Dean Blais is amazing.

It's not nearly as bad because we don't have your ungodly heat and humidity all summer, but our cold is colder.

Yeah, the humidity causes me to spend most of the summer inside unless I'm playing a sport or swimming. I can't take it; 70+ feels hot and muggy, so when it gets to be 95+ there's just no way. :nope:

For the record, I think Omaha's going to win it all, starting tonight. Dean Blais is amazing.

I have no idea what any of that means.

We had a random snow storm last monday, but it's all melted now.

@Zack---College Hockey

Wow, so it's snowing? Poor guy, you must be emotionally devastated. Seek psychological help. :coffee:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, so it's snowing? Poor guy, you must be emotionally devastated. Seek psychological help. :coffee:

You'd be putting chains on your tires and in seven layers of clothing like a bitch if you lived here, Flawda boy.

@Zack---College Hockey

:rofl:

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I lived up North long enough to get used to it, and I look forward to snow anytime I go North or West (Colorado), so suck it, cornhusker. :corn:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I lived up North long enough to get used to it, and I look forward to snow anytime I go North or West (Colorado), so suck it, cornhusker. :corn:

I abhor Nebraska, which is the point of this thread, so your "cornhusker" joke doesn't land. You'd hate having snow for 6 months of the year, so plz. And you're still a bitch.

Snow sucks and I hate it. I want to live somewhere where I never have to deal with it.

Ever think about moving? Seems like you really dislike Nebraska.

I do and we've talked a lot about it. We hoped to have been out by now, but we have a lot of family here, including a young niece and nephew (9 and 3). My gf had to finish her degree and I worked while she went to school. Now we're paying off her loans before we move because she has an awesome job and it's cheap to live here.

But this is a weather thread.

Snow sucks and I hate it. I want to live somewhere where I never have to deal with it.

Come on down to South Texas my friend.

Austin is definitely a place that has crossed my mind, especially since its a great location for my field, but in all likelihood my fiancee's job is gonna have her move around and I'll follow wherever she goes.

lulz

Do you like it beyond the weather, if I may ask?

I hate the weather here in Iowa most of the time. We finally got some BEAUTIFUL spring weather a couple of weeks ago then the last 2 weeks it's been shitty, gray, and cold again. Lol. Annoyed the heck out of me. I hate winter, I hate summer. And recently it seems we are getting more days of Summer and Winter as Fall and Spring get sacrificed -- which sucks.

Do you like it beyond the weather, if I may ask?

I hate the weather here in Iowa most of the time. We finally got some BEAUTIFUL spring weather a couple of weeks ago then the last 2 weeks it's been shitty, gray, and cold again. Lol. Annoyed the heck out of me. I hate winter, I hate summer. And recently it seems we are getting more days of Summer and Winter as Fall and Spring get sacrificed -- which sucks.

Nope, I was just not made for this place or any one like it. I was just saying in the shoutbox the other day that the only thing about Nebraska that I like is being able to go drive on wide open, desolate roads and see nobody for long stretches of time.

Iowa's weather sounds about like ours has been.

Jan: Winter

Feb: Winter

Mar: Winter. Wait, nvm, Summer.

Apr: jk, I meant Winter.

May: Spring? For like a week? ...Summer

Jun: SUMMER

Jul: SUMMER

Aug: SUMMER

Sep: Summer...intermittent nice weather.

Oct: Fall for a week or two, then first snow.

Nov: Winter

Dec: WINTER

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

It's funny because EVERYONE from Michigan always are complaining about supposedly having the most sporadic weather patterns... Sometimes you get hit with all 4 seasons in one day. It was snowing, and like 20 degrees a couple days ago, then raining all day the following day.

But the more and more time I spend in other Midwest states for my job, and talk to people, and read from you guys, not only do I get the impression Michigan isn't the worst, I get the impression that it's a Midwest problem. Ha

• Upvote 2

^Yup. We had a crazyass hailstorm for like 20 minutes today, then it rained really hard, now it's nice out.

I really like all 4 seasons, and I love winter, especially when it's tolerable outside (above 10 degrees). I don't mind the midwest at all, and I love the off the grid feeling I get from living here (except when I'm in Grand Forks over the winter. Not-so-off-the-grid).

There's something about the privacy, and the lack of pressure to be doing something 24/7 when I'm in and around my hometown. When I'm at the farm or in Park River (hometown) on a pitch black winter night, I know there's nothing I could be doing, so I can relax. I love that. I want that for my life. I like having a good social life, too, but nothing replaces the ability to leave work at work and relax.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

It's 85 right now and the high humidity makes it feel more like 95. Summer starts early here. :laugh:

My area of Florida's climate is a Tropical Savanna Climate, which is alien to the rest of the U.S. and even the rest of Florida. Like it's the same as parts of Mexico, Cuba, Brazil, most of central Africa, all of Thailand etc :lol:

Koppen_World_Map_Aw.png

Those little blue dots on the southwest of Florida is me. So it's not surprising to me that we're 2nd in the world in lightning strikes behind only Rwanda in Africa. Which is completely covered in the blue.

• Upvote 1

^Yup, fuck that shit.

Since I posted this thread we've actually had some nice spring weather, though the wind will just not subside.

• Upvote 2