Sarge

Favorite Alcoholic Drinks

Captain Morgan spiced rum and its 100 proof.

Also Crown Royal Regal Apple is the shit.

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 2

Just bought the Leinenkugel explorer pack. I've had three of the four flavors in the pack, but don't really remember them that well besides Berry Weis. I'll grade them out as I drink.

Helles Yeah: 6/10

Decent tasting lager, but nothing special. Stiffer than a light beer, but not really bold enough to be a fancy craft. Very in between beer.

Berry Weiss: 8/10

Very much like a hard cider, but not so much apple taste rather than a sweet berry taste with just enough strength to remind you its a beer.

Summer Shandy: 8/10

Classic shandy.

Canoe Paddler: 8/10

Very German tasting lager with a little bit of stiff pale taste to it.

Edited by butta55

:laugh:

If you're going to drink Crown, then this is the way you do it.

crown-royal-black.jpg

By and far the best whiskey Crown makes. It bites back, which is something whiskey ought to do.

• Upvote 1

I've never seen that at the store. Gonna have to look harder. Love some Crown Royal.

By and far the best whiskey Crown makes. It bites back, which is something whiskey ought to do.

I've never seen that at the store. Gonna have to look harder. Love some Crown Royal.

Try it with some Ginger Ale, and then thank me later.

Crown has always been my "cheap" choice, but Black is overly-spiced and makes me sick to my stomach. I made the mistake of buying a handle of it since it was a few bucks cheaper than the normal Crown. Ended up giving most of it to my brother because my gf (also a Crown drinker) hates Black as well.

The actual best way to drink Crown:

Crown-Royal-Monarch-75th-Anniv-Blend_Hi-

Smooth, delicious, but expensive.

Bought this Crown Royal XO instead. Figured I'd give it a try.

The actual best way to drink Crown:

Crown-Royal-Monarch-75th-Anniv-Blend_Hi-

Smooth, delicious, but expensive.

I dropped $85 (with tax) on a bottle after the Pats won the SB lol. Pretty incredible stuff. Justifies the price tag.

I don't even really fuck with Crown much anymore, though. More than 95% of the time I'm drinking bourbon. If you really acquire a true taste for bourbon, it's fucking magical.

Couple new bourbons that I've tried out are Maker's Mark Cask Strength and Small Batch 1792. Cask Strength is 55.6% ABV, but I actually consider it stronger than Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve which is 60% ABV. And 1792 may or may not be the best bourbon I've had thus far. It's definitely up there though. Also my buddy dropped off a bottle Old Forester this week, I'll probably try it out tomorrow night.

• Upvote 1

I dropped $85 (with tax) on a bottle after the Pats won the SB lol. Pretty incredible stuff. Justifies the price tag.

I don't even really fuck with Crown much anymore, though. More than 95% of the time I'm drinking bourbon. If you really acquire a true taste for bourbon, it's fucking magical.

Couple new bourbons that I've tried out are Maker's Mark Cask Strength and Small Batch 1792. Cask Strength is 55.6% ABV, but I actually consider it stronger than Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve which is 60% ABV. And 1792 may or may not be the best bourbon I've had thus far. It's definitely up there though. Also my buddy dropped off a bottle Old Forester this week, I'll probably try it out tomorrow night.

Definitely agree on the Monarch. I've had 3 bottles so far. Sooooo good.

That Knob Creek is good. You ever had Woodford Reserve? That's generally what I drink when I go to the bar.

Definitely agree on the Monarch. I've had 3 bottles so far. Sooooo good.

That Knob Creek is good. You ever had Woodford Reserve? That's generally what I drink when I go to the bar.

Oh, of course. Woodford Reserve is in my top 3. For some reason though, a good number of bars/restaurants around here don't carry it for some reason. :sigh:

Also, just splurged on this bottle of scotch this afternoon:

obnob.14yov2.jpg

My best friend has raved about Oban for the longest time. Can't wait to try it out. :devious:

I've come to tolerate beer. If I have it out of a solo cup, it's pretty easy to put down. A lot of beer tastes the same to me, but I'm strictly speaking of cheap, college-kid beers. Everyone hates on PBR, but I can drink that, Natty, Natty Ice, Bud, or Miller. All tastes the same once you're drunk enough.

In terms of liquer, this might sound like a sissy drink, but taking peppermint schnapps and chocolate syrup and making a peppermint patty is great. You put the syrup in your mouth, take the shot, swish it around, and it tastes like an Andes mint. If you get the 100 proof variety of the schnapps, you can get a nice buzz going after a few shots.

>am not a heavyweight drinker in any way :(

No way man Bud Light taste terrible no matter how drunk I am.

• Upvote 1

My taste for hard cider has swung back around. With all these new garbage ones like Red's and Forge's my appreciation for Woodchuck has skyrocketed.

No way man Bud Light taste terrible no matter how drunk I am.

For me, Natty Light is the worst tasting while sober. Once I put a few down, it doesn't matter to me.

BN-FK141_BEER11_FR_20141105170552.jpg

Never heard of this or seen it until today.

6% AVC......not sure what "Tequila Barrel Staves" means but it basically taste like a Tequila blended beer.

Probably soaked the tequila barrel staves in the beer is my guess. Sounds interesting. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on one.

Some of you may have seen that I just started working at a liquor store. We carry pretty much every type of liquor, beer, or wine that's available in Nebraska. So I'll be trying a lot of new things.

@ butta, I saw that at work and thought of trying it, but I am not a fan of tequila at all. Might grab a single this week just to see.

Last night I gave in and tried Nebraska Brewing Company's IPA. I'm generally afraid to drink Nebraska, Iowa, etc. beer, but NBC is actually a quality outfit.

I'd give it a solid 8.5/10. It was damned good.

IPA_Can-800.png

Page on Beer Advocate: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16504/50887/

Zack does your liquor store sell beer or is that not allowed in Nebraska?

You're usually funnier than none percent.

EDIT: I realized after posting that that might've been a serious question and not a dig at my taste in beer. If you were serious, then yes.

We carry pretty much every type of liquor, beer, or wine that's available in Nebraska.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I know Steel Reserve is known as a very cheap hillbilly type beer, but this "Alloy Series" is not bad at all. I only had the black berry, but it taste good like a Four Loko or Limarita, but as you see 8% and hits you hard cause you can down them so fast.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-23-at-9.52.00-AM.png

smh buttass.

You're much, much better off just drinking standard Steel Reserve lol.

Thanks mostly to Mad Men, I've taken a liking to the old fashioned. Really great drink, though only in the right place. Wouldn't order an old fashioned at the Applebee's bar. :yao:

• Upvote 2

smh buttass.

You're much, much better off just drinking standard Steel Reserve lol.

You know you like the flavored ones :yes: