Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Madden 16

Can't decide if I really want this. It comes out on the same day as Gears of War.

Seen the details added this year. Would be nice if they actually honor what they advertise... The physics last year were terrible. They said they added new ones this year. We'll see..

from the article Ace posted:

The videos appear to show a more tuned QB inaccuracy rating in play with misses that make sense based on real life weaknesses.

:disgust: I feel like that was what made last year's game almost unplayable as a Titans fan that played somewhat casually, I could never get an accurate pass from a Titans QB, look EA, I know my team's QBs sucked last year, I don't need you to remind me

this looks pretty cool tho:

from the article Ace posted:

:disgust: I feel like that was what made last year's game almost unplayable as a Titans fan that played somewhat casually, I could never get an accurate pass from a Titans QB, look EA, I know my team's QBs sucked last year, I don't need you to remind me

this looks pretty cool tho:

Passing wasn't the problem. I would complete 70-80% of my passes. However I hated the hypocrisy of the cpu. Your team would get sapped of your speed while cpu got an increase. The psychic corner backs that aren't near your wrs and magically float to the ball. The nonreads of the cpu that would just throw to an wide open wr.

That and the limitations of connected franchise. There's just so much more that should be added for a 2015 year game. They say EA put alot into this year to get fans back.

That video looks awesome. I just hope they actually add it in the game..

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

I used to buy every year, but when they fucked everything up in 2013 I stopped. Miss playing Madden, but fuck EA and fuck Josh Looman.

• Upvote 1

So you're telling me I no longer grind for 45 minutes scouting? That deflection INTs are happening? Well that's all I need.

ESPN2K5 is still the greatest football game ever made. If only EA had their physics engine..

• Upvote 2

Madden sucks, but I still bought it after a price drop last year.. It sucked. I will probably do the same thing this year. Wait a little bit, get it used at Gamestop.

I use to do it every year myself despite Madden not being a good football game. The football fan in me moved me to buy it anyway. I don't expect any game to be perfect but the bizarre and unrealistic physics engine killed the game for me. The football experience wasn't the same. When I play videogames, I get IN to it. I mean, like to the point where I'm creating storylines in my head based off of stars and their stats; weekly and end of the year awards, division rivalry games, top tier team matchups, very much into the player vs player match ups, the whole nine. And I simply loved owner mode when they had that available.

But the glitchy physics system killed the entire football experience for me because I can't stomach unrealistic plays. Seeing players float across the field like magnets being drawn to the ball carrier completely ignoring speed differentials, cornerbacks tripling their travel distance in one footstep, wactching replays of the ball unrealistically being drawn to the defenders hands for the interception defying physics, and the many other glitches and random abberations. I haven't purchased Madden since 2012.

Edited by Dutch

I'm not even heavy into video games and I haven't bought a Madden since I owned the ORIGINAL XBOX system. That's how long I've hated the newer Maddens since they went to 360/PS3, haven't played Madden on XB1/PS4 so can't comment but I'll give the demo a try. It took a sharp turn towards arcade style and hasn't looked back since and for that I bailed :shrug:

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

ESPN2K5 is still the greatest football game ever made. If only EA had their physics engine..

Why I have increasing hope for EA. The physics engine is making progress.

Why I have increasing hope for EA. The physics engine is making progress.

I don't understand how an old game like ESPN2K5 from over 11 years ago can still have a better physics engine over a modern day multimillilonaire company with the resources to create one. They are either too cheap, lazy, or not good at their jobs.

When you play a video game, you expect be able to use your skills as a gamer to beat whatever challenges the game throws at you. If the challenges require a lot of skill, the game is hard to win. If it doesn't require much skill, it should be an easy game. However, some games that should be relatively easy are actually quite hard. It could be due to shoddy programming, a Game-Breaking Bug, poor implementation of gameplay elements or time constraints, or the developers threw in something which makes the game harder, but which has nothing to do with the player's or AI's skills. This is fake difficulty.

There are five kinds of fake difficulty, in addition to the sub-category (The Computer Is a Cheating Bastard):

• Bad technical aspects make it difficult. Making a difficult jump is a real difficulty. Making a same difficult jump with overly complex controls, bad jumping physics, or an abrupt mid-air change of camera angle - and therefore the orientation of your controls - is fake difficulty.
  • The outcome is not reasonably determined by the player's actions. Unlocking a door by solving a color puzzle is real difficulty. Unlocking it by pressing a button until you get the right number is not.
  • Denial of information critical to progress. A reasonable game may require the player to use information, clues, or logic to proceed. Withholding relevant information such that the player cannot possibly win without a guide, walkthrough or trial and error is fake difficulty. Also includes hidden Unstable Equilibrium (e.g. a later level is much harder if you do badly at an early level, and you're not informed of this ahead of time). In a 2D game with no camera control, hiding important details behind foreground elements or Behind the Black counts as fake difficulty if your character should be able to see them.
  • The outcome of the game is influenced by decisions that were uninformed at the time and cannot be undone. (Unless the game is heavily story-based and unforeseen consequences of actions undertaken with incomplete information are legitimate plot elements, or the game offers some way of mitigating or eliminating those consequences.) A game that offers a Joke Character and is clear about the character's weakness has real difficulty. A game that disguises a joke character as a real one has fake difficulty.
  • The game requires the player to use skills or knowledge that are either incorrect or have nothing to do with the genre. A football game that requires you to describe the position that Jerry Rice played for a power-up is real difficulty. A football game that requires you to describe the position that Jerry Rice played to get a powerup, and assumes the answer is "Quarterback", or one that forces you to do multi-variable calculus in order to train your starting lineup is fake difficulty, not to mention just plain silly. (Even if that last one would arguably be kind of cool.)

It is important to note that just because a gameplay feature is annoying and frustrating does not make it fake difficulty. For example, placing a large number of invincible minor minions between the player and the Plot Coupon is extremely annoying, but they can be avoided by skilled movement - thus, the difficulty is real.

Note also that fake difficulty is not inherently bad. If used subtly, it can provide a satisfying challenge in cases where the AI might be lacking. However, it is obviously preferable for the AI to provide a challenge by playing well than by getting special advantages from the programmer. Moreover, some games (notably Platform Hells and Retroclones) get the majority of their comedy/nostalgia from Fake Difficulty and is much of the appeal of them - Dungeons & Dragons' most popular module is packed to the brim with Fake Difficulty and attempts to reduce it have caused complaining from the fanbase.

Fake Difficulty was prevalent in many older games, when developers were still learning about how to make fair challenges. When people realized that sometimes, the game was hard for all the wrong reasons, they decided to make it more of a fair challenge. The unfortunate side effect is that newer games seem easier in comparison merely because they're a fairer challenge. There are plenty of other reasons for this (such as players being aware of some persistent forms of Fake Difficulty and making sure to avoid them) but that's another article entirely. It still does exist today, mind you.

Fake or Artificial difficulty is sometimes used to refer to the raising of enemy stats without improving their AI or giving them new abilities. However, raising enemy stats may force the player to devise new strategies or execute their inputs with less errors. Trial and error and reattempting sections of a game are a natural part of most games, and only excessive or ridiculous examples of trial and error should be considered "fake". Also, difficulty is a measurable statistic that can be categorized into different player skills. Thus the term "fake" difficulty is a matter of opinion which can change from player to player, depending on which forms of difficulty they like or dislike.

Read more: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FakeDifficulty#ixzz3h1WgD6D4

The NBA 2k games are so much better than Madden. I'm a way bigger football fan than basketball but the Madden just isn't that fun to be honest. This is coming from a VERY casual gamer.

The biggest issue with Madden IMO is that it's tough to get into from a storyline perspective. There's not much depth to a lot of the Connected Franchise gaming. NBA 2K games do very deep analysis on each player, and make each decision feel way more important. As a result you will enjoy NBA career modes way more.

When you look back at ESPN 2K5, you felt immersed in the game. Highlights from other games. Broadcasts detailing the week. There is a lot at EA's fingertips that they refuse to touch on. Things like fantasy football, live updates from other games, a fulfilling halftime show.

Doing what they did regarding the draft changes is a HUGE step. Make the players feel real.

https://media.easports.com/content/www-easports/en_US/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-cfm/_jcr_content/par/image_7.img.jpg

https://media.easports.com/content/www-easports/en_US/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-cfm/_jcr_content/par/image_8.img.jpg

https://media.easports.com/content/www-easports/en_US/madden-nfl/news/2015/madden-16-cfm/_jcr_content/par/image_9.img.jpg

• Upvote 1

Outside of the superior gameplay, ESPN2K5 being a more immersive game is the best way to label it. Depth; it gave it a more real football experience all the way around.

6:24

Looks much more improved. The catching animations that u can choose from. The new ai logic. Hopefully that makes the computer hard in a sense of a football perspective. Looks like they make reads now. Let's hope it delivers, because Madden news it.

Just got it. Will give updates later after I've got 5-10 hours into the game.

Getting it pretty soon after I leave work. Saw really good reviews and they brought back the fantasy draft for franchise mode. That's really the only reason I want this.

Just got it. Will give updates later after I've got 5-10 hours into the game.

What system? Ima cop it today for 360.

Getting it pretty soon after I leave work. Saw really good reviews and they brought back the fantasy draft for franchise mode. That's really the only reason I want this.

They had fantasy draft last year. We'll on 360 they did. When you start a franchise, once you click start season, it'll pop up asking to start a fantasy draft or start regular season.

They had fantasy draft last year. We'll on 360 they did. When you start a franchise, once you click start season, it'll pop up asking to start a fantasy draft or start regular season.

Yeah my friend informed me of that after I bought it lol. But still this has great reviews so good purchase. Plus a couple more young QBs to mess around with.

I was all worried that there would be no more copies, then I realized

A) people download these things now and don't go to the store

B) I'm like the only person looking for it on 360 lol