Sign in to follow this  
ATL_Predator

Teddy's Goal

Teddy Bridgewater’s goal: Completing 70 percent of his passes

Only five times in NFL history has a quarterback completed 70 percent of his passes. Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater thinks he can be the sixth.

“I think we try to aim to be over 70 percent in the quarterback room,” Bridgewater told theStar-Tribune. “That’s one of our goals. We take pride in completion percentage, we take pride in taking care of the football and commanding the offense. It’s going to be a fun year. I have a ton of weapons at my exposure; and I can’t wait to get everyone going.”

Bridgewater completed 64.4 percent of his passes last year, the third-highest completion percentage for a rookie in NFL history. But increasing to 70 percent in his second year is extremely unlikely. A 70 percent completion rate is really, really hard.Peyton Manning has never done it. Tom Brady has never done it. Aaron Rodgers has never done it. The only active quarterback who has ever completed 70 percent of his passes in a season is Drew Brees, who did it in both 2009 and 2011. And the only other quarterbacks in history who have completed 70 percent of their passes were Ken Anderson in 1982, Joe Montana in 1989 and Steve Young in 1994.

So far this preseason, Bridgewater has completed 78.6 percent of his passes. It’s not realistic to think he’ll complete his passes at close to that rate in the regular season, but Bridgewater has big goals for his second season.

~ Per PFT

I think that this is an attitude that ALL QB's should have. Is it a likely outcome to happen for him? Probably not, that's damn tough. But the guy's attitude/work ethic is something that I believe any coach/fan base should love.

Edited by DarthRaider
  • Upvote 2

It is impossible to not like Teddy Bridgewater. This is the next great QB in the NFL, folks. So long as he sharpens his deep ball, the sky is the limit.

Am I wrong in caring how it gets done? I mean, if you're just dinking and dunking all day, every day...

• Upvote 2

The point is he wants to be the best. The fact that he mentioned completion percentage doesn't really matter. People should really stop over-analyzing things 24/7 once in a while.

The point is he wants to be the best. The fact that he mentioned completion percentage doesn't really matter. People should really stop over-analyzing things 24/7 once in a while.

A lot of things happen 24/7 around here. :ooo:

• Upvote 2

Am I wrong in caring how it gets done? I mean, if you're just dinking and dunking all day, every day...

Exactly. David Carr had a very nice 68.3% completion rate in '06, but he dinked and dunked his way to a lowly 6.3 average yards per completion. It's all about perspective. Clearly Bridgewater doesn't want to emulate David Carr.

Edited by FartWaffles

At the very least it's a decent talking point as to where we should rank completion percentage among all the QB statistics. At least imo.

CampinWithTeddyBridgewater

• Upvote 1