Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Democrats

19 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Joe Biden
    • Hilary Clinton
    • Bernie Sanders
    • Other

Sanders main supporters are young people. Aka the people that don't vote.

If anyone can bring them out, it's him. We shall see.

Well we had a do nothing Alderman and an idiot media personality running against our current mayor (Muslim Naheed Nenshi) and Naheed dominated the polls because he had the young person vote. So maybe there's hope for America on a larger scale.

Bernie Sanders won't win. Yes he has support from young people, but like Blots said, a lot of those same people aren't going to go out and spend the 30 seconds it takes to actually vote for him. Ron Paul had 50% support from people under 30 when he ran in 2012... Granted, that led to a massive block of support at the GOP Convention that required Boehner and the higher powers to change their rules and make sure something like that didn't happen again... But that was the impact he left.

It's still important though, even knowing he won't get elected. Because eventually those young people will grow older and be the ones running this country. As long as they don't get their minds muddled by the time they hit their.. oh, 30's or so.. It's a good thing.

I still adamantly and vehemently disagree with counting Sanders out. Especially while things like this continue to happen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/like-iowa-and-new-hampshire-bernie-sanders_b_8168818.html

To some observers, Bernie's ascent in Iowa and New Hampshire correlates to the prevalence of an overly white and liberal population in these states.

Surely, a more diverse base of voters will be more favorable to Hillary Clinton.

Right?

Not necessarily, and there's a problem with this theory, at least in terms of its long-term relevance. It assumes that voters of all backgrounds won't "evolve" away from Clinton as fast as the former Secretary of State has "evolved" on war, gay marriage(PolitiFact.com gives Clinton a "Full Flop" on gay marriage), the Iran Deal, the Trans Pacific-Partnership deal, and other issues.

The same white liberals citing Clinton's appeal to "non-White Democrats" fail to mention why Hillary Clinton's support among Democratic women continues to erode; something unimaginable just several months ago. The Washington Post explains that,

"71 percent of Democratic-leaning female voters said in July that they expected to vote for Clinton, only 42 percent do now, a drop of 29 percentage points in eight weeks."

In a mere eight weeks, Clinton's appeal to Democratic women has dropped 29 percentage points.

As for Bernie Sanders, MSNBC cites a recent poll indicating "Sanders has even eked ahead of Clinton among women voters, 42 percent to 38 percent."

Hillary is a sinking ship. Soon democrats everywhere will hop aboard the S.S. Bernie.

Edited by Sarge

Wouldn't be entirely sure on that. Ya, they are dividing... but I still don't like the chances of Democrats in a general election.

Most of the country doesn't like them but the people who do are active and they vote. The Republicans would NEVER win an election if voter turnout was high every cycle because the candidates most popular in their party run campaigns on hate and war. There's no room for the sensible ones unfortunately. There are republican's I'd vote for, especially over Hillary, but they just don't resonate with enough of the hateful base. It could be the same reason you're right about Bernie though which is pretty depressing, but he seems to be getting a lot of people excited and people's distrust of the government is at an all time high.

Let me just say this, the last two Democrat presidents have been a fucking disaster and most of the Democrats are just as bought and paid for as the Republicans, but Republicans just have a hateful and over religious domestic and social policy that i really hate.

Nothing you said is wrong at all. As the old saying goes, if voting day comes and the sun is out ... It's gonna be a be a democtratic victory. If it rains, the republicans have it in the bag. Republicans just more consistently come out in droves on Election Day and it's been that way since forever, especially if you've pissed them off and especially after a shitty reign from a democratic president .

So when I say Bernie isn't going to win, I am not saying that because I don't like him or don't think he should have a real shot. If anyone recalls. As soon as Barry announced his candidacy I said he had a real shot while everyone else said I was the crazy one. Lol. However, it's the janky way American politics is these days. It's not pretty... It's not right... But that's the way it is.

And candidates who actually challenge the establishment are at a disadvantage from the get go. Even if Bernie can win, he's probably going to get the JFK treatment. And then we'd be dealing with some puppet establishment Vp anyway. We just have to remember.... Very rarely does the person with the best platform actually win. Whoever is willing to sell more of their soul is usually the answer to " who is going to win " .

• Upvote 1

Ok I see. You're not saying Bernie can't beat Hillary. You're saying Bernie can't win the whole thing. Well, I still think it's too soon to say that also.

The issue is Biden. If Biden enters the race, Bernie is fucked.

Biden being an actual legit candidate is so weird to me.

Biden's alright. I'd certainly take him over anyone else not named Bernie. But I'd rather not settle. :p

Guest Phailadelphia

I think at this point the Democrats could put up any candidate and so long as he or she doesn't say anything outrageously stupid or offensive they're going to win. Republicans continue to ostracize every race and culture that's incompatible with white conservative Christian. To add to that, their "base" is a shrinking voting bloc.

Democrats hold a decent edge with every minority group. Until that changes, the Republicans won't win another general election unless something truly terrible happens.

I think at this point the Democrats could put up any candidate and so long as he or she doesn't say anything outrageously stupid or offensive they're going to win. Republicans continue to ostracize every race and culture that's incompatible with white conservative Christian. To add to that, their "base" is a shrinking voting bloc.

Democrats hold a decent edge with every minority group. Until that changes, the Republicans won't win another general election unless something truly terrible happens.

You better hope Hillary doesn't win the nomination. Ha

Hillary is sinking faster than the Titanic... and there's no life vest or boat to save her... :p

Hillary is sinking faster than the Titanic... and there's no life vest or boat to save her... :p

Something I also said months ago. lol. I think Thanatos and I were really the only ones saying her chances were bad, even ahead of knowing who she would be facing off against.

Hilary is leading every potential GOP candidate by double digits, an increase since declaring her candidacy. It's just polling and lots can change in 2 years,'but anyone who thinks she's a bad candidate or exactly who the GOP wants to run against is in for a rude awakening.

Guarantee everyone wants to face Hillary, even the ones who couldn't beat her.

I'm just saying sarge, you sound exactly like everyone that supported Ron Paul in 2012.

Guest Phailadelphia

Her poll numbers appear to be on an upward swing.

THE HILLARY CLINTON STRATEGY

1. Raise as much money as possible
2. Never speak on your political views
3. Go on Ellen every now and then and remind people that you look like the stereotypical lesbian politician
4. Bank on the fact that you are woman and constantly talk about your female relatives.
5. Hope that people will vote for you just because you have a (D) next to your name.
6. Support the DNC in blocking the democratic process by limiting debates and making primary debates irrelevant
I've been ragging on Republican's pretty hard core for a while now, but the DNC picked their candidate for the next presidential election in 2008 and she lost and as soon as Obama won a 2nd term in office they wanted to push Clinton down our throats. Hillary is fucking pathetic. She won't speak on any of her policies. She doesn't want debates until the primaries are essentially over. Fuck her man, fuck the DNC. This primary is rigged. We should vote for the primaries the same way we do the general election so every state has a say. I'm so fucking frustrated with politics right now. I will not vote republican and I will NOT vote for Hillary under any circumstance. Sad part is Independents and 3rd party candidates can't even make the fucking ballot. If things keep going this way I'm not even voting.
  • Upvote 2

I'm just saying sarge, you sound exactly like everyone that supported Ron Paul in 2012.

Yea, I probably give people too much credit, thinking they will vote for the right candidate.

THE HILLARY CLINTON STRATEGY

1. Raise as much money as possible
2. Never speak on your political views
3. Go on Ellen every now and then and remind people that you look like the stereotypical lesbian politician
4. Bank on the fact that you are woman and constantly talk about your female relatives.
5. Hope that people will vote for you just because you have a (D) next to your name.
6. Support the DNC in blocking the democratic process by limiting debates and making primary debates irrelevant
I've been ragging on Republican's pretty hard core for a while now, but the DNC picked their candidate for the next presidential election in 2008 and she lost and as soon as Obama won a 2nd term in office they wanted to push Clinton down our throats. Hillary is fucking pathetic. She won't speak on any of her policies. She doesn't want debates until the primaries are essentially over. Fuck her man, fuck the DNC. This primary is rigged. We should vote for the primaries the same way we do the general election so every state has a say. I'm so fucking frustrated with politics right now. I will not vote republican and I will NOT vote for Hillary under any circumstance. Sad part is Independents and 3rd party candidates can't even make the fucking ballot. If things keep going this way I'm not even voting.

Oh ya, make no doubt about it. They knew who they wanted to be their champion and they will do whatever it takes to get her there, no matter how damning or much America DOESN'T want it. And then when she gets crushed in a general election, they are going to look around, dumbfounded, and wonder how it happened.

I still have yet to meet anyone who likes Hillary, so again, I still don't get where these poll numbers come from anyway. lol

• Upvote 1

Ron Paul never had these kind of poll numbers.

Ron Paul polled pretty strongly under the circumstances. In a head to head matchup against Obama, he was sitting at about 40%.. Sanders is around there against Trump... And in my opinion Paul against an incumbent and sitting President at 40 when he was still trailing 2-3 other Republicans is more impressive than Bernie at 40 in a Democratic race down to 2 against a buffoon like Trump who will never win the nomination.

Plus it has to be understood that Paul was running in a party full of religious nut jobs and didn't have the support of the religious nut jobs.He polled better with liberals and moderates than he did with weekly church goers... In the Republican party, that isn't going to work well.

Not to dismiss your point about Sanders doing (relatively) well... But just because Paul didn't win the nomination or Presidency didn't mean it wasn't a success. Not that you were implying as such, I just feel like I have to defend an American hero. ;)

• Upvote 1

Yeah maybe some of Sanders ideas get taken by other candidates as a counter, thats the best case scenario for Sanders. He isn't going to win the election.