Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

I'm not buying Trump steaks, Trump magazine, or Trump airlines. I'm buying his tax plan that is available on his website. Trump is a decent business man with a share of both hits and misses. But I don't want him to dominate the economy like many Trump supporters think he will or should under the guise of being business savvy. I want him to make it pro-business and limit regulation and taxes then step away. A progressive tax system with limited government interference is always the best option.

Got a great chuckle reading "Trump's excellent tax policies"

You're disagreeing with progressive taxes? That's shocking.

uIoisjh.png Edited by Chernobyl426

John Kasich has dropped out of the race. Fail. :(

You know, despite how much I disagree with Trump supporters, I agree with them on one major thing: He can absolutely win this race. He has been trending up pretty consistently while Hillary has been trending down. All the other times reasonable statistics showed he was going to drop have been wrong. It'd be naive to assume he'll definitely lose now. I'm no Hillary fan, but I will vote for her as a vote against Trump. I really hope others join me.

So the party doesn't want Trump, but what other recourse do they have? Seriously, I've not yet read up on their potential next moves. If they have no recourse and he is nominated, the RNC is going to be a shit show.

You know, despite how much I disagree with Trump supporters, I agree with them on one major thing: He can absolutely win this race. He has been trending up pretty consistently while Hillary has been trending down. All the other times reasonable statistics showed he was going to drop have been wrong. It'd be naive to assume he'll definitely lose now. I'm no Hillary fan, but I will vote for her as a vote against Trump. I really hope others join me.

The most used hashtag on twitter right now is:

#DropOutHillary

Voting for Hillary just to spite Trump is beyond insane, IMO. That's not you winning or outsmarting the system, that's you falling victim to it. Ha.

#DropOutHillary

Voting for Hillary just to spite Trump is beyond insane, IMO. That's not you winning or outsmarting the system, that's you falling victim to it. Ha.

I don't care about winning or outsmarting the system. I want the best possible president. Given the option of Trump and Hillary (and despite your libertarian fetish, those are the only two options), Hillary would be significantly better.

#DropOutHillary

It's going to be the lowest voter turnout in decades. No way I vote Hilary and sure as hell aint going Trump.

Tax-poster.jpg

Bernie's tax plan = dead economy

Edited by Chernobyl426

I don't care about winning or outsmarting the system. I want the best possible president. Given the option of Trump and Hillary (and despite your libertarian fetish, those are the only two options), Hillary would be significantly better.

Are you picking the best candidate or the least bad candidate? Big difference. If you actually like and support Hillary's policies, cool beans. If not, voting for her is moronic.

• Upvote 1

Let be honest here, you know your hated within your own party when even George W Bush won't provide you with an endorsement.

The fact that Trump is the candidate is seriously worrying from a point of view outside of the USA, I really can't understand how he even has gotten to this stage baffles me.

Guest Phailadelphia

The progressiveness of his tax policy is irrelevant. His proposed policies will decrease government revenues by 10 trillion over the next decade and he has, to my knowledge, NOT proposed any significant spending cuts. If I remember correctly he actually promised not to touch entitlement spending.

This isn't my political bias speaking, it's just basic arithmetic. His tax policy is hot garbage.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan/full

Edited by Phailadelphia

The fact that Trump is the candidate is seriously worrying from a point of view outside of the USA, I really can't understand how he even has gotten to this stage baffles me.

I don't know that I can say this with any actual authority, but I'm pretty sure Trump represents absolutely everything that the rest of the world hates about America

Personally, and this is largely inference, I believe that Trump would analyze the situation once in office and proceed to make spending cuts based on what he finds. From what I recall he has talked about cutting a few departments like the IRS and department of education to a huge degree. He's largely pandering right now, and I think it's clear that a wall against Mexico or mass deportation of illegal immigrants is an absolutely shit idea fiscally. Let's say he says he wants to cut the military. He just cut out a portion of his supporters. Let's say he wants to cut on entitlements. Boom there goes another portion. Much like any candidate he isn't going to cut off any avenue of support.

When you look at Trump's tax plan against Hillary or Bernie you'll find that he is pushing forward the individual and business growth that is key in making a better economy instead of pushing forward an overly aggressive tax bracket that damages growth. Even going under the assumption that lower tax rates result in both people working more AND people worker less (Which I disagree with) you're still seeing much more production from the wealthy under a Trump tax plan vs a Democrat tax plan. Government revenue being cut is the best option long term, even if it has an initial blow to the system that we have currently in place.

Let's compare these two situations.

Trump wins. His tax plan goes into effect. Assuming your outlook is much like the source you gave me, we see an immediate rise on consumers investing into the economy, whether that be through buying goods and services or simply investing in the market or their own private businesses. Under the assumption we see no spending cuts we'd have a nation that is continuing to pile on debt but at the same time creating jobs and new opportunities for people who have been unemployed or underemployed. Again, I believe there will be spending cuts but I'm not sure if there has been a plan laid out.

Let's compare a Hillary plan. The tax rates are very mildly hiked up. Incentive to produce is further cut for the rich who are better off relocating their business to a nation with better business-friendly tax policies. This severely damages wealth throughout the nation as many people are put out of work. Those who are making shit wages will continue to be burdened by taxes going towards an ineffective government. The rich will be asked to pick up a larger and larger tab as people lose their jobs and become dependent on welfare or other government social programs. The spending issue doesn't get better. We dig the economy hole even deeper.

Even with a Trump plan that doesn't cut spending we'd be far better off than with a plan from either of the Democratic candidates. I'm eager to see the spending cuts that Trump will propose as we get closer to the general election. I'm sure he will bring much more to the table than Hillary.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Are you picking the best candidate or the least bad candidate? Big difference.

Actually, if there are only two candidates, there isn't a difference.

I don't know that I can say this with any actual authority, but I'm pretty sure Trump represents absolutely everything that the rest of the world hates about America

Pretty much. The thing is that he hasn't really clearly come out and said what his polices are apart must bullish bravado about building the wall between Mexico and the fact that he would make it harder for muslim's to enter America.

International relations would be at an all time low I will with America and the rest of the world with his attacks against the two groups mentioned above and the comments made about China and The U.K. Also his praise towards Putin to me seems really backwards.

I don't see how Trump would benefit you all in the slightest. Personally I feel that at least from a British perspective, Bernie is who we would prefer but its really anyone but Trump

Actually, if there are only two candidates, there isn't a difference.

You didn't answer the question. lol. There are NEVER "only two candidates".

Point proven.

13103522_1129283330498053_44889318316744

1333a658_mjlolspitafozedeb_zpsffyy8vt4.g

• Upvote 1

I'm not buying Trump steaks, Trump magazine, or Trump airlines. I'm buying his tax plan that is available on his website. Trump is a decent business man with a share of both hits and misses. But I don't want him to dominate the economy like many Trump supporters think he will or should under the guise of being business savvy. I want him to make it pro-business and limit regulation and taxes then step away. A progressive tax system with limited government interference is always the best option.

Why do you think he'd be good for the economy when he's a failure in nearly every other business endeavor?

Trump is a marketing genius, but as far as actual concrete solid ideas go, he's a complete idiot. He can make believe a lot of shit, but when it comes time to actually produce, he is incapable of doing it.

Personally, and this is largely inference, I believe that Trump would analyze the situation once in office and proceed to make spending cuts based on what he finds. From what I recall he has talked about cutting a few departments like the IRS and department of education to a huge degree. He's largely pandering right now, and I think it's clear that a wall against Mexico or mass deportation of illegal immigrants is an absolutely shit idea fiscally. Let's say he says he wants to cut the military. He just cut out a portion of his supporters. Let's say he wants to cut on entitlements. Boom there goes another portion. Much like any candidate he isn't going to cut off any avenue of support.

When you look at Trump's tax plan against Hillary or Bernie you'll find that he is pushing forward the individual and business growth that is key in making a better economy instead of pushing forward an overly aggressive tax bracket that damages growth. Even going under the assumption that lower tax rates result in both people working more AND people worker less (Which I disagree with) you're still seeing much more production from the wealthy under a Trump tax plan vs a Democrat tax plan. Government revenue being cut is the best option long term, even if it has an initial blow to the system that we have currently in place.

Let's compare these two situations.

Trump wins. His tax plan goes into effect. Assuming your outlook is much like the source you gave me, we see an immediate rise on consumers investing into the economy, whether that be through buying goods and services or simply investing in the market or their own private businesses. Under the assumption we see no spending cuts we'd have a nation that is continuing to pile on debt but at the same time creating jobs and new opportunities for people who have been unemployed or underemployed. Again, I believe there will be spending cuts but I'm not sure if there has been a plan laid out.

Let's compare a Hillary plan. The tax rates are very mildly hiked up. Incentive to produce is further cut for the rich who are better off relocating their business to a nation with better business-friendly tax policies. This severely damages wealth throughout the nation as many people are put out of work. Those who are making shit wages will continue to be burdened by taxes going towards an ineffective government. The rich will be asked to pick up a larger and larger tab as people lose their jobs and become dependent on welfare or other government social programs. The spending issue doesn't get better. We dig the economy hole even deeper.

Even with a Trump plan that doesn't cut spending we'd be far better off than with a plan from either of the Democratic candidates. I'm eager to see the spending cuts that Trump will propose as we get closer to the general election. I'm sure he will bring much more to the table than Hillary.

Oh Trump has talked at length about cutting the "Department of Environmental" and other departments like it. The guy doesn't even know what the fuck the departments are actually called.

Edited by Thanatos

Why do you think he'd be good for the economy when he's a failure in nearly every other business endeavor?

Trump is a marketing genius, but as far as actual concrete solid ideas go, he's a complete idiot. He can make believe a lot of shit, but when it comes time to actually produce, he is incapable of doing it.

Oh Trump has talked at length about cutting the "Department of Environmental" and other departments like it. The guy doesn't even know what the fuck the departments are actually called.

Read my post again. I'm not buying into a Trump takeover of the market. That would be fucking awful. I'm buying into the idea of cutting taxes resulting in higher production and incentive to invest. I've never run a business before in my life. Does that mean I have no idea what is good or bad for the economy? You can trash the man, but I'm talking about the idea.

Yeah. Those fuckups happen when you're campaigning to win your party nomination & the presidency. Candidates are constantly running themselves into the ground doing media and rallies. It's a shock Trump has held up so well despite not preparing speeches and shit.

This is once again inference, but I believe Trump will evaluate what needs cut when he steps into office and go from there.

Edited by Chernobyl426

I do get the idea a lot of what Trump is saying is pandering for votes, he's selling himself. His foreign policy presser was a lot more dialed back and "world peace" heavy than I expected. :lol: But again that could of been him just selling himself. That's the thing with Trump I dunno if anyone but his people close know how what he'd really do. Also, still think dude is a child emotionally and don't know if that's good to have as your chief in command. :ugh:

Edited by CampinWithTheGawdCaldwell

Guest Phailadelphia

Trump also believes judges "sign bills." lol

You didn't answer the question. lol. There are NEVER "only two candidates".

Point proven.

There are only two candidates that matter, beyond maybe sucking away votes from a big party.

That being said, a republican running third party to try to get this to the house of representatives is in play, so I might change my thoughts on this.