Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Did Cruz ever say he could shoot someone and not lose voters? Did Cruz ever lie about not knowing a white supremacist group leader? Did Cruz ever blatantly disrespect an American war hero? Did Cruz ever quite literally say that all Muslims should be banned from the US? Did he ever say most Mexicans are criminals, more specifically rapists?

I could do this all day.

Not policy. Not policy. Not policy. He said it was temporary ban on muslims entering the US to prvent terrorist attacks. He didn't say we'd start throwing out all the muslims in the US already. I don't think Trump said every single mexican is a criminal. Mind showing me that quote?

How do you know it's not policy? Isn't that why he's running for office in the first place, to make his views into policy? Yes, a temporary ban on ALL Muslims, because ALL of them are terrorists. Also, you misquoted me:

"Did he ever say most Mexicans are criminals, more specifically rapists?"

Yes, Trump actually did say most Mexicans are criminals, more specifically rapists.

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/16/full-text-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/

Edited by Sarge

How do you know it's not policy? Isn't that why he's running for office in the first place, to make his views into policy? Yes, a temporary ban on ALL Muslims, because ALL of them are terrorists. Also, you misquoted me:

"Did he ever say most Mexicans are criminals, more specifically rapists?"

Yes, Trump actually did say most Mexicans are criminals, more specifically rapists.

When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/06/16/full-text-donald-trump-announces-a-presidential-bid/

My bad, I read your post as all, not most.

Let's take a look. Trump isn't going to shoot someone to test how his voters respond. Not policy. Trump isn't praising the KKK. Not policy. He disrespected McCain because he's trying to seem better than him. Not policy. Temporary bans on Muslims entering the country /=/ Holocaust 2.0. Did he say all muslims are terrorists? Or did he say we need to be cautious with who enters the country?

Calling some Mexicans rapists isn't policy.

Right so we should just ignore everything he says because it isn't policy. So what actually is his policy then? Pretty hard to tell through all the shit spewing out of his mouth.

Chern...you gotta be fucking kidding me with that "defense"

It's not policy?

The man is running for President of the United States of America.

You're just going to ignore it all because "it's not policy"

What in the actual fuck?

But while we're on the topic of his policies, the man speaks in generalities. The times he does get specific is when the vile BS comes spewing out.

• Upvote 2

Not policy. Not policy. Not policy. He said it was temporary ban on muslims entering the US to prvent terrorist attacks. He didn't say we'd start throwing out all the muslims in the US already. I don't think Trump said every single mexican is a criminal. Mind showing me that quote?

You say this like its ok.

Trust me, I don't agree with it either, but it's not nearly as bad as it's been hyped up in the media. Trying to stop terrorist attacks doesn't do shit. Also, a large part of why I'm just careless about it is that I have no doubt in my mind that it wouldn't pass. Trump could executive action that shit and it still wouldn't make it through congress.

Trump being an arrogant dickhead with a mouth that spouts out bullshit has no effect on my life, and likely has no effect on yours. He's simply riling up the fucktards in the republican party to get votes right now. I think Trump knows very well that if he gets to the white house he can't be nearly as unfiltered. He's simply capitalizing on the hate and anger built up in the party. A very similar method to what Bernie is doing, only it's flipped on the political spectrum.

Trump being an arrogant dickhead with a mouth that spouts out bullshit has no effect on my life, and likely has no effect on yours.

It does have an effect on the millions of people he's marginalizing.

While I agree with most of what Sarge said here, what Trump actually said, in the context of the quote, was that most Mexican illegal immigrants are rapists. Not Mexicans in general, just the ones that are desperate to come here.

I don't know if that makes it any better or worse.

We blame and blame and blame our politicians, and then we go and choose the worst two candidates imaginable (well, I think Cruz may be worse than Trump, but there ain't a lot of difference between two shit sandwiches). Every election is proving to be an indictment of the American people. It's unfortunate, but out lives won't see that change.

The system is fucking broken. I blame my politicians for that.

Still makes Trump actually look like even more of a dumbass. Mexican criminals aren't desperate to come here. It's a lot easier to get away with shit in Mexico than here, where we lock everyone up for everything. If people think our government is corrupt here, they haven't read about/traveled to other countries much.

Trump is loud, he is bombast, he is quite possibly insane... But I don't really see Cruz as being that much better. What does Cruz have over Trump. That he's a better politician? He sells snake oil better than Trump does? At least we know what we are getting with Trump. Cruz would be the same, if not worse -- it would just be hidden.

Ted's entire campaign is based on end-of-the-world rhetoric that is built and crafted to scare the shit out of you. I refuse to be herded into Cruz's flock to be protected.

Cruz is fucking insane.

Donald is a complete flip-flopper that has held very strong liberal positions in the past, and very strong conservative ones now. We have no idea what he would do.

The idea of either one having the ability to nuke someone gives me shudders.

Still, give me the evil I don't know what it would over the evil I very much know what it would do.

Mitt Romney is going to be giving a major speech on the state of the Republican race for President.

This is bizarre.

I want him to run and be handed the nomination, and then Trump to go independent, and then Sanders to go independent and then get to watch the clusterfuck that would be the general election debates.

FOX News (well their CEO) is formally withdrawing their support from Marco Rubio.

"We're finished with Rubio," Fox News chief Roger Ailes told one of the network’s hosts recently, according to unnamed sources. "We can't do the Rubio thing anymore."

I think Trump knows very well that if he gets to the white house he can't be nearly as unfiltered.

But when has Trump ever shown an ability to be filtered?

Christie deeply contemplating which fast food drive-thru to hit up....

or Christie rethinking every decision he's ever made in his life that led him to that moment

Romney is going to announce he's running or he's going to throw his support behind Ted Cruz wholeheartedly and call for everyone else to do so as well.

It's too damn late. Trump has it.

If Romney runs he cleans this shit up and wins the general. Hands down. Romney is a fucking Messiah in comparison to the rest.

Apparently Romney's simply telling Republicans not to vote for Trump. The establishment is going all-out now. Surprised they haven't persuaded Rubio and Kasich to drop out yet.

Guest Phailadelphia

Surprised they haven't persuaded Rubio and Kasich to drop out yet.

Probably because they hate Cruz almost as much as they hate Trump.

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney will deliver a scorching indictment of Donald Trump on Thursday, calling the candidate a "phony" and a "fraud" who'd threaten America's future.

I don't know how he doesn't enter the race in the end. They really want to destroy Drumpf, alright. Best way to do that would be for Romney to enter the race and for Rubio and Cruz to get the heck out of town.

I really hope either Trump somehow doesn't win the nomination or a decent third option comes up, because I really don't want to have to vote for Hillary but if it comes down to Hillary v. Trump I might have to :puke: not sure I can vote for Cruz in good conscience either, I think I could get behind Rubio with the right runningmate tho