Sign in to follow this  
SteVo

TGP Primary Poll: Republicans

20 members have voted

1. 1. As of today, who would you vote for?

• Jeb Bush
    • Ben Carson
    • Chris Christie
    • Ted Cruz
    • Carly Fiorina
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John Kasich
    • Rand Paul
    • Marco Rubio
    • Donald Trump
    • Scott Walker
    • Other

Yea, just so we're clear, I don't agree with what Bware just said at all.

We do not agree. Your view on the world is very clouded.

So what has BLM done that makes them such a scourge on the planet?

What? It makes their point of view infinitely more valuable. The problem in this country is voters who don't possess critical thinking skills.

I would rather have smart neighbors than Billy Bob and ole Larry who like constantly make comments about "them damn [insert racial slur here]."

Believing you're right and refusing to take in more information is an example of how militant ideologies and brainwashing occur, is it not? It's an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

So what has BLM done that makes them such a scourge on the planet?

I am not much a fan of violent racists;

It is not racist to protest the fact that your race is constantly discriminated against.

And how are they violent? There are some idiots, but thats true in every group. Their message is not one of violence. Its one of desire to change. The difference between BLM and Trump is that trump actively promotes racism and uses coded language to appeal to racists.

• Downvote 1

You shouldn't justify and embrace the radical efforts of one group while frowning upon similar radical efforts of other groups. It's hypocritical and not equality.

If racism is bad, it should be bad... Not bad for some people but okay to express from others.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 2

Racism is not a core tenent of BLM's message. It is of Trumps

Are you sure you aren't a Trump supporter?

Answer the question: how is BLM racist?

Answer the question: Are you, in actuality, a Donald Trump supporter?

Answer the question: Are you, in actuality, a Donald Trump supporter?

No I'm not.

Still waiting for you.

Edited by blotsfan

Guest Phailadelphia

You shouldn't justify and embrace the radical efforts of one group while frowning upon similar radical efforts of other groups. It's hypocritical and not equality.

If racism is bad, it should be bad... Not bad for some people but okay to express from others.

Wait, what exactly about BLM's message is radical?

Wait, what exactly about BLM's message is radical?

Them ni-urban thugs, think they deserve to be treated as well as us white people upstanding citizens!

• Downvote 1

The issue with Black Lives Matter is that they view the problem as a racial thing when in actuality it's an economic thing. Poverty breeds crime, and blacks are more likely to be raised in poverty. The deaths of blacks due to heavy-handed law enforcement is not racial. It's simply class warfare.

Because, unfortunately, their message is misguided. Chanting, marching, rioting, hurting, stealing... That doesn't solve the systemic issue that continuously plagues black communities. Actually forcing change has little to nothing to due with white supremacy.

Black Lives Matter is about assigning blame and looking not for equality, but for a step up -- an advantage. As White Americans, it is believed that we owe African Americans something more than an equal opportunity to succeed. It is our job and duty to ensure their lives are worth living.

Over 90% of black murder victims are killed by other blacks. Why doesn't Black Lives Matter look to resolve this issue? Blacks are over 40% of murder victims and over 50% of murderers. They also account for over 60% of drug related murders. In 2012 alone, over 90% of black murders had the main suspect be a black person. While blacks only account for roughly 10% of our population, they were responsible for 1/3 of all abortions in this country.

Is police brutality an issue? Yes. Are there racist white people out there? You bet. But white people are not the roots of all evil. White people aren't even the roots of the problems of blacks.

If black lives don't matter to blacks, what kind of authority do they have to demand it from anyone else?

Nobody can ensure that black lives are worth living except for black lives.

• Upvote 2

Guest Phailadelphia

Your perspective of BLM is, unsurprisingly, completely misguided and borderline racist. If that's your honest judgment of the movement then you're not actually listening or paying attention to what they want.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

The issue with Black Lives Matter is that they view the problem as a racial thing when in actuality it's an economic thing. Poverty breeds crime, and blacks are more likely to be raised in poverty. The deaths of blacks due to heavy-handed law enforcement is not racial. It's simply class warfare.

Why do you think they're more likely to live in poverty?

We enslaved them and then after begrudgingly giving up slavery we systematically oppressed them for the next 100 years and, even after giving them civil rights, we still find ways to allow our governments and private institutions to deny them the same opportunities enjoyed by white people. This isn't rocket science. America fucked up and continues to fuck up. The legacy of slavery and segregation is very real and not likely to go away until we stop trying to avoid the subject and start trying to actually do something about it.

• Upvote 1

Why do you think they're more likely to live in poverty?

We enslaved them and then after begrudgingly giving up slavery we systematically oppressed them for the next 100 years and, even after giving them civil rights, we still find ways to allow our governments and private institutions to deny them the same opportunities enjoyed by white people. This isn't rocket science. America fucked up and continues to fuck up. The legacy of slavery and segregation is very real and not likely to go away until we stop trying to avoid the subject and start trying to actually do something about it.

They're more likely to live in poverty because they've been in poverty consistently for the past 150 years. Your analysis is spot-on. I'm not arguing with it in the slightest. The issue is that we've passed the point of it being a racial issue, and now we have to find a way to economically help without making it unbalanced.

Guest Phailadelphia

They're more likely to live in poverty because they've been in poverty consistently for the past 150 years. Your analysis is spot-on. I'm not arguing with it in the slightest. The issue is that we've passed the point of it being a racial issue, and now we have to find a way to economically help without making it unbalanced.

That's my bad - did not realize you agreed with the link between race and poverty. Not sure I agree with the assessment of class warfare but I think real economic opportunity for the poverty-stricken would render either argument moot in that it would significantly mitigate the problem.

The issues with economics are racial though.

http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

We've been through this before. The issue is not the race, the issue is the stigma attached to poverty. When you're named Lakisha or Jamal, you're stigmatized as being poor. The assumption is that due to being poor you're unskilled. I'd argue that names like Lakisha and Jamal are more prominent in poor urban areas, and that's where that mindset comes from. If you want to argue that the economics are racial, you should argue that they are racial because of how weak of a hand blacks were dealt when the country was being built, not the lack of callbacks on names that are generally associated with poor unskilled labor.

That's my bad - did not realize you agreed with the link between race and poverty. Not sure I agree with the assessment of class warfare but I think real economic opportunity for the poverty-stricken would render either argument moot in that it would significantly mitigate the problem.

Yeah, after you showed me some of the Ta-Nehisi Coates stuff I really started digging deep into the issue. I still came back with the same answer that poverty is the root issue, not race, but when it came to housing and equal opportunity in the market we saw a lot of blacks get the shaft from a government that wasn't able to fairly handle equal rights. That's the main reason why there is a huge portion of the black demographic in poverty today in comparison to less whites in a similar situation.

What? It makes their point of view infinitely more valuable. The problem in this country is voters who don't possess critical thinking skills.

you do realize that having more degrees doesn't necessarily make someone more intelligent, right?

• Upvote 1

Maybe people shouldn't fight racism by being more racist?

*rides on rocket jetski into the sunset*