Sign in to follow this  
oochymp

Which 2-0 team finishes with the worst record?

23 members have voted

1. 1. Answer the question

• Cardinals
    • Falcons
    • Panthers
    • Bengals
    • Cowboys
    • Broncos
    • Packers
    • Patriots
    • Jets

We all know teams that go 2-0 have a high probability of making the playoffs, but this thread isn't about those teams, we're looking at the other end.

Who hasn't actually shown anything, making it to 2-0 by beating up on chumps?

Who's about to have their wheels fall off?

Whatever the reason, somebody who started 2-0 is probably going to end the season in the bottom third of the league, so call your shot, which 2-0 team is a fraud?

I'll say the Cowboys. I don't trust Brandon Weeden to keep them relevant for 8-10 weeks, and when they're out of the playoff race, they'll stop playing for keeps.

Jets are the least talented but Cowboys without Romo and Dez are insanely bad.

I'm going with New York. I don't trust Fitzpatrick over the course of a full season.

Have to go with Dallas. Brandon Weeden is awful, and anyone they bring in now won't make a noticeable impact. I mean.. Matt Flynn? Josh Johnson? Ya, you're screwed.

I'm going with Dallas, they haven't looked particularly good in either win and now they're without their starting QB for a while

Cowboys are kind of a cop out answer for me, so I'll go with the Jets. However I also wouldn't be surprised to see them continue to win. I wanted to pick the Bengals but they're always decent in the regular season. I really don't think Dalton will keep playing at this level though.

Cowboys are kind of a cop out answer for me, so I'll go with the Jets. However I also wouldn't be surprised to see them continue to win. I wanted to pick the Bengals but they're always decent in the regular season. I really don't think Dalton will keep playing at this level though.

Bengals gonna start 6-1 because no primetime games until mid season. Andy gonna be good until then.

I believe the Jets will finish with the worst record because they have no offense, and they play in a tough division. The Patriots are the best team in the NFL until proven otherwise. The Cardinals are the most complete team in the NFL, and the Packers have the best QB in the NFL. The Cowboys have the best offensive line in the NFL, and an improving defense. The Broncos have a tough defense that can compensate for the decline of Peyton Manning. The Falcons and Panthers have weak schedules, and the Panthers are the most complete team in their division.

The Jets have a QB, two great receivers, a running game, and a great defense.

Dallas does not have one of those things.

Cowboys next 8 opponents (9 weeks) :

Falcons

@ Saints

Pats

Bye

@ Giants

Seahawks

@Eagles

Bucs

I think they can have reasonable success with Romo and Dez out over that stretch.

Schedule-wise, it's gotta be one of the Bengals/Cards/Broncos. And because haters gonna hate, I'm going to take the Cards. :yep:

Cowboys next 8 opponents (9 weeks) :

Falcons

@ Saints

Pats

Bye

@ Giants

Seahawks

@Eagles

Bucs

I think they can have reasonable success with Romo and Dez out over that stretch.

Schedule-wise, it's gotta be one of the Bengals/Cards/Broncos. And because haters gonna hate, I'm going to take the Cards. :yep:

The only definite loss in there is the Pats. I'm telling you, if they can play good defense for that stretch and establish Joseph Randle--it's time to give up on McFragile, he looks terrible--they have a shot to come out of that at .500 or above. All is not lost in Dallas. Brandon Weeden doesn't have to be good. He just has to limit turnovers.

I'm gonna go with the shocker and vote Panthers. Not impressed by their wins so far.

Brandon Weeden doesn't have to be good

He just has to

limit turnovers.

:yao: Edited by Chernobyl426
  • Upvote 1

I'm gonna go with the shocker and vote Panthers. Not impressed by their wins so far.

Me neither but they are in a division that once again looks awful and have a pretty soft schedule outside of a four week stretch in weeks 6-9. (Seahawks, Eagles, Colts, Packers- and now at least two of those four teams don't look nearly as intimidating as at the beginning of the season.)

Also, they were missing Luke Kuechly for the majority of those two wins and Star for the entirety of them.

The defense is legit, the offense is highly suspect.

Edited by Thanatos19

we're just over halfway through the season, seems like a good time to revisit this, most of the teams have fared pretty well to this point, though there are a couple that feel like the wheels are starting to come off, here are their records at this point:

Patriots - 9-0
Panthers - 9-0
Bengals - 8-1
Cardinals - 7-2
Broncos - 7-2
Falcons - 6-3
Packers - 6-3
Jets - 5-4
Cowboys - 2-7
Edited by oochymp