Thanatos

Carolina Panthers 2015 Season Thread

:Falcons: 20 :panthers: 13

So much for 16-0. But at the beginning of the season I would have taken 14-1, hell I would have taken 10-6.

This team got beat today, flat out. Cam looked like his head wasn't in the game. He had a weird celebration after his TD run, a rock the cradle celebration that has led to a lot of speculation that his child was born this week.

Luke has maybe his worst game as a pro. Ditto Josh Norman. Ted Ginn got completely blanked. Olsen dropped three balls. Just very uncharacteristic Panthers football.

Instead of focusing on the negatives, which were many, I'm going to point out how much of a monster Kawann Short has become. Just an absolute beast inside.

I'm somewhat glad we got that loss out of the way, tbh, and now we will likely have to play next week, barring a Green Bay upset of the Cardinals.

Let's go get a W and end this thing 15-1.

In case people think I'm full of shit.

Maybe not in this one... still say the Falcons ruin the perfect season.

• Upvote 2

Divisional games are tough, even when you have the best team against one of the worst. Not overly surprised. Not gonna give too much credit to ATL or too much much blame on CAR. It happens.

Divisional games are tough, even when you have the best team against one of the worst. Not overly surprised. Not gonna give too much credit to ATL or too much much blame on CAR. It happens.

Yeah not really that worried. But we really did miss Bene Benwikere today, and that will be a problem versus the Cardinals secondary if not versus anyone else's.

If we lose against Tampa next week, I will be in full-on sky-is-falling panic mode though.

:panthers: 38 :Bucs: 10

With the Hawks thrashing of Arizona, I wonder how many people still think Zona is clearly the better team. :D

15-1 and the 1 seed. Let's go Panthers! The road to the Superbowl goes through Charlotte.

Panthers RCB Peanut Tillman has been diagnosed with a torn right ACL, and is done for the season.

Tillman missed four games with a partially torn ACL before returning to start in Weeks 15-17. Along with Bene Benwikere, the Panthers have now lost two of their top three corners in the past four weeks. Going on 35, this could be the end for Tillman, who missed 22 combined games between 2013-14 with triceps issues. The Panthers need
Robert McClain to step up alongside Josh Norman and Cortland Finnegan. It's a major concern for the postseason.

Losing Bene and then Tillman is huge and cannot be overstated in its importance. Neither could the loss of Kelvin Benjamin in preseason though.

However, the defense doesn't have a Cam Newton to carry them. Luke can't do the same things to carry a defense that Cam can do on offense.

McClain looked good in limited action last week, but I don't like a potential matchup against Seattle without Bene or Tillman, even though Seattle only has this nonamer named Jon Baldwin- or maybe it was Doug, I don't remember- who only is good against 4th string corners.

Arizona would be even worse with JJ Nelson, John Brown, Michael Floyd, and Larry Fitz. You need a really deep secondary to deal with them.

The hometown reporter in the Charlotte Observer wrote an article about how the Panthers should root for the Vikings to beat the Seahawks, in the hope that Carolina doesn't have to play them.

He is being widely ridiculed- why is a 15-1 team afraid of a 10-6 team- and deservedly so.

This fanbase still has to figure out how to deal with the fact that they have a very good football team. Everyone else should be worried about playing Carolina, not the other way around.

Not to say we don't have flaws, and Seattle isn't capable of beating us, because they very well could.

But the perspective he took in the article was one of being afraid of the Seahawks. When you're 15-1, you need to have some confidence in your team.

Edited by Thanatos19

It's not so black and white when it comes to your record. As of right now the Seahawks are playing better football than any team IMO. (including your Panthers)

Should the Panthers be afraid? Of course not. They're grown-ass men, but I don't think that guy's statement is as farfetched as you're making it out to be.

Two weeks ago the Hawks lost to the Rams and looked pretty damn bad. Why do we crown them because they beat up on a bunch of bad teams? The Cardinals victory was impressive, but its the only impressive win in their current "streak" (if we give them a mulligan for the Rams game).

The tone of the article was basically that Carolina will lose to Seattle if the Hawks get through to them, so we better hope the Vikings take care of them for us.

The tone you should set as a 15-1 team who is two games better than anyone else in the league, is that "We are the best team in football and we can beat anyone who comes up against us."

The tone you should set as a 15-1 team who is two games better than anyone else in the league, is that "We are the best team in football and we can beat anyone who comes up against us."

Sure it's the tone you set, but it doesn't always work out that way. If the team with the best regular season record won the Super Bowl every year, there'd be no point in watching.

(Remember that 2008 9-7 Cardinals team that everyone laughed at? Panthers weren't laughing afterward)

That's the beauty of the playoffs. It's cool that you're pumped up about your team and their playoff chances Than, but the way you're acting I'd hate to see you if the Panthers get knocked out...

MalcolmExperiment2.png

Chaos theory.

Again, I'm not saying we cannot be beaten. We clearly can. I see flaws in this team. Cam Newton's absolutely superb performance all year has covered up an offense that is incredibly lackluster in terms of skill position players. J-Stew and Greg Olsen are the only two good guys he has at those positions.

I'm upset that our home beat writer has basically said we won't beat Seattle. Seattle is being overrated as fuck by the national media. Their offensive line is terrible. Their defense is not the Legion of Boom of the past two years.

Really though, I just think that's a terrible tone to take for a 15-1 team hosting a 10-6 team, well 11-6 if they get past Minny, which I fully expect them too.

Seattle is the team I want to play the least in the NFC, don't get me wrong. I just feel like you should be the team everyone else doesn't want to play, rather than being scared of the sixth seed when you're the 1 seed.

Wrong attitude to have, IMO.

And if the Panthers lose and especially if they go one and done, it's going to hurt. Not as bad as if we were 16-0, (I don't think I could finish watching the playoffs if that had happened), but yes, it would definitely hurt. I'm sure you can ask the Packers fan on here how it felt to lose after going 15-1. It would take awhile to get over, but this season was still wildly better than I had thought possible. I believe if you go back on page 2 I said that the division was between Carolina and Atlanta and neither one would go very far in the playoffs whoever ended up winning. I did think we would win the South, but at 9-7 or 10-6 and probably lose on Wildcard weekend. And now we're 15-1 and have HFA. It's not something I saw coming. It's something I still kinda do a double-take when I see it. The Panthers are 15-1 and have the almost certain league MVP on their team? Without Kelvin Benjamin? And they're the #1 scoring offense in the NFL?

I do feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've felt that way since week 6. I guess it kinda did in week 16, but this team responded big-time- without Ginn or Stewart- and dropped 38 more points on the Bucs in week 17. (I realize the Bucs don't have a great defense, but neither did Atlanta and they stopped us cold.)

You don't have to worry about me if Carolina loses, I guess. I'm used to this team getting my hopes up- 2008, 2003, 2005, 2013- only to see them blow it. But there's a very small part of me that is beginning to believe this season just might be different.

Make no mistake though. If Cam isn't Superman every game, for the next three games, we lose. He is covering up an offense whose starting WR is a WR3 on most other teams, at best.

Regardless of what happens though, KB going down was better for the Panthers in the long run- assuming he comes back from it 100%. It gave the other WRs a chance to grow that they would not have had otherwise. It instilled a great deal of confidence that we can overcome a major injury like that.

Carolina's nucleus is young and very talented. They should be a contender for quite awhile, if the contracts are done correctly.

Edited by Thanatos19

You better hope Carolina wins.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

I would think any real fan would hope their team wins, though I guess you mean something else by that remark?

Panthers/Hawks is a complete coin flip, as I've stated multiple times. Plus they seem to just get incredibly lucky all the time.

Funny how you talk about how Seattle just lost to a Rams team... that actually has a top defense and a good young back in Gurley...

When you guys just lost to the Falcons..which pretty much consists of Julio Jones and that is really all they had going for them.

This season will be all for naught if you lose Sunday...and you'll never hear the end of it. Not from me, but everyone.

• Downvote 1

I would think any real fan would hope their team wins, though I guess you mean something else by that remark?

Panthers/Hawks is a complete coin flip, as I've stated multiple times. Plus they seem to just get incredibly lucky all the time.

Let me ask you: are you happy where your team stands going in? Feels good having HFA, right? Cause according to you, you lose this game your season is a failure. that 15-1 record will be instantly wiped out, right? Nothing to be proud of there at all. that NFC South banner means nothing.

• Downvote 1

Funny how you talk about how Seattle just lost to a Rams team... that actually has a top defense and a good young back in Gurley...

When you guys just lost to the Falcons..which pretty much consists of Julio Jones and that is really all they had going for them.

This season will be all for naught if you lose Sunday...and you'll never hear the end of it. Not from me, but everyone.

Really.

I don't really give two shits about the opinion of a team-hopping bandwagoner, tbh. Nor am I saying that Seattle isn't a good team, so quit fucking putting words in my mouth. Though that Rams team you're talking about turned around and lost to San Fran the next week. It's a division game. Anything can happen in division games. All I'm doing is pointing out they aren't unstoppable. I just said I think the game is a coin flip. What do you want me to do, bow down and proclaim the Hawks are unbeatable and there is no way Carolina can win? Fuck off, moron.

We had the 2 seed two years ago and went one and done and I stayed here and no one was a jack-ass about it. Not really sure why this scenario would be any different. I'd expect to take some ribbing, but that's how it goes here. It's all in good nature, except for a couple people- of which you are definitely one of them.

Everyone's season is all for naught if they don't win the Superbowl and considering the expectations for the Panthers this year, it was a great success by any means other than that hard limit. You're nothing but a bitter ex-rival that jumped ship because your team started sucking even just a little bit.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

Let me ask you: are you happy where your team stands going in? Feels good having HFA, right? Cause according to you, you lose this game your season is a failure. that 15-1 record will be instantly wiped out, right? Nothing to be proud of there at all. that NFC South banner means nothing.

First off, I didn't say this.

Second off, I guess no team should ever try to do anything, because only SB titles mean anything and winning the South 3 times straight when no one else had ever done it twice in a row is completely meaningless.

We have the top seed in the NFC after losing Kelvin in the preseason and having half the experts proclaim our season over, that we would win 6-8 games at best.

Unless you're holding us to Super Bowl or bust standard, like every team technically is, this season is already a success. Even if we lose, we'll be back next year with our #1 WR and #2 CB back in the fold and we will likely win the NFC South again. The Panthers are going to be contenders for awhile.

I went through a 1-15 season and a 2-14 season. If you think going 15-1 and one and done will break me, you are flat wrong, good sir.

Edited by Thanatos19

First off, I didn't say this.

Second off, I guess no team should ever try to do anything, because only SB titles mean anything and winning the South 3 times straight when no one else had ever done it twice in a row is completely meaningless.

We have the top seed in the NFC after losing Kelvin in the preseason and having half the experts proclaim our season over, that we would win 6-8 games at best.

Unless you're holding us to Super Bowl or bust standard, like every team technically is, this season is already a success. Even if we lose, we'll be back next year with our #1 WR and #2 CB back in the fold and we will likely win the NFC South again. The Panthers are going to be contenders for awhile.

I went through a 1-15 season and a 2-14 season. If you think going 15-1 and one and done will break me, you are flat wrong, good sir.

First off, you fucking did. Let me remind you about your shit in the college fb thread in case you forgot. "I'd rather play in a shitty bowl game than not get blown out in the playoffs". Just applying this same logic for when the Panthers lose. it's JUST like saying that no matter what the Panthers did, you'd still rather have them not make it unless they win a playoff game. Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Downvote 4

OMG that's even better, lol.

You're such a fucking salty loser, Spartan.

College =/ NFL.

Even if it did, your logic still doesn't make any sense.

1. I'd rather win a shitty bowl game in college, (since OSU didn't play in a shitty bowl, your argument is flawed from the get-go, but I'll let that slide), than get beat 38-0 in the four team playoff semifinals.

Therefore:

2. I'd rather not make the playoffs in the NFL at all than go 15-1 and lose in the first game, (not even talking blowout here).

2 does not follow 1.

If anything, saying I'd rather have the bowl game means the opposite of what you're claiming (bowl game = consolation prize, division title = consolation prize), even though they're really isn't a direct comparison given that you are comparing apples and oranges.

Finally the entire point was the epic beat down MSU got handed. If you had lost 38-30 in the semis or something, that's whatever. If you put up a good fight, then yeah I'd rather take the four-team playoff than the bowl game. It was getting completely embarrassed on a national stage that was the thing.

Now if the Panthers get beat by the Seahawks 38-0, then hell yes, I'd rather we hadn't made the playoffs at all than get humiliated like that.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Sperty with his daily foot in mouth comment

• Upvote 1

Sperty with his daily foot in mouth comment

You like watching twitch streamers. You're whole life is a foot in mouth. :p

What's wrong with watching streamers? I stream and watch other streamers as well.

What's wrong with watching streamers? I stream and watch other streamers as well.

Doesn't stream FO4,,,,won't watch

• Upvote 1

I streamed the last actual Fallout game released though. Was fun.