Sharks > Kings in 7

Caps > Rangers in 7

Lightning > Islanders in 6

Blackhawks > Stars in 6

Ducks > Sharks in 6

Caps > Lightning in 5

Ducks > Blackhawks in 6

Caps > Ducks in 4 :rockon:

I just created a league: 2016 NHL Bracket Challenge (no password)

I'll get my picks in at some point

brackets lock at the start of the first game and we only have four entries

I'm in. Three hours! :panic:

Stars gon win.

Ok boys I'm in.

Stars gon win.

Could see it, especially when Seguin comes back. woo boy

Really not sure who to root for in this Penguins/Rangers series. Just gonna take solace in the fact that one of them will be one and done when this round is over. Honestly the only non-Flyers teams from the East I'd be ok with winning the Cup are Florida and Detroit (ugh, I know).

Really not sure who to root for in this Penguins/Rangers series.

kingdome.gif

Playoffs :fgm: even if my team is watching like the rest of us.

The Pens ripped the Rangers a new one last night and Lundqvist was injured. It doesn't look good.

Pens looking real good...coming in hot

• Upvote 1

If Lundqvist is out for a few days I'd say that series is over.

Otherwise, there was some incredibly exciting hockey in Tampa and St. Louis. I think we all expected Blackhawks/Blues to be intense, but I didn't expect so much bad blood between the Wings and Lightning. Should make for a fun series.

The Pens ripped the Rangers a new one last night and Lundqvist was injured. It doesn't look good.

It's a best-of-seven, Bangster. I think Hank will be back for the next one. Even if he doesn't and the Pens go up 2-0, it's not the end of the world. Rangers are used to battling back from 2 games down in a series.

Probably will miss most of the game cuz I'm going on a date, but I'm betting the Flyers +193. They win it in OT tonight just like the Habs did in game 1 against the 121-point Caps five years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iMlZ2nfMck

#neverforget

It's a best-of-seven, Bangster. I think Hank will be back for the next one. Even if he doesn't and the Pens go up 2-0, it's not the end of the world. Rangers are used to battling back from 2 games down in a series.

Probably will miss most of the game cuz I'm going on a date, but I'm betting the Flyers +193. They win it in OT tonight just like the Habs did in game 1 against the 121-point Caps five years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iMlZ2nfMck

#neverforget

This is absolutely a benchmark game for the Caps. Personally, I have questions about their defense in the playoffs. We'll see how it goes.

:rog: Min Wild

The Wild are not aggressive enough offensively

Well, bummer to lose, but it was a fun, exciting game. If we take game 2 tomorrow it goes back to Philly tied; I like those odds. Some thoughts on the game:

• The Capitals were the better team and deserved to win. I could break down the game a million ways, but the better team won. Period.
  • Refs were awful. There were iffy calls on both sides and an overall inconsistency. It was a reminder that, as awesome and exciting as playoff hockey is, it frequently gets hindered by poor officiating.
  • Flyers aren't gonna win many games getting only 19 shots on goal. And very few of them were quality scoring chances.
  • Power plays sure were the difference, weren't they? Flyers power play could barely maintain puck possession and got one or two quality shots. Capitals power play was relentless; puck was in the offensive zone the whole time with a quality shot every 20 seconds or so. A few more deflections and this game could have been 5-0.
  • Steve Mason was the Flyers' best player, which is both good and bad.
  • Losing Sean Couturier is a huge loss for us.
  • Love how chippy it got in the third period, especially the heavyweight fight between Simmonds and Wilson. Hoping for more of that in game 2.
Edited by SteVo

• Power plays sure were the difference, weren't they? Flyers power play could barely maintain puck possession and got one or two quality shots. Capitals power play was relentless; puck was in the offensive zone the whole time with a quality shot every 20 seconds or so. A few more deflections and this game could have been 5-0.

I really didn't feel like we were getting enough shots on the power plays, possession was there and I think that helped in terms of wearing you guys down, but I'd have liked to see more pucks on net

Couturier's injury is definitely a blow, and it's crazy that with all of the big hits in that game that was the one that resulted in a serious injury, based on game one that might not be the only major injury we see

The refs seemed to forget it was the playoffs, called way too many soft penalties on both teams, though I have to ask how did Philly have six men on the ice for that long? was it just a "well, they caught us, might as well stay out" situation?

• Upvote 1

The refs seemed to forget it was the playoffs, called way too many soft penalties on both teams, though I have to ask how did Philly have six men on the ice for that long? was it just a "well, they caught us, might as well stay out" situation?

But sometimes they let the soft stuff go. Like I said--inconsistent. There were also some outright bullshit calls. The 2-minute roughing to Simmonds on the fight was stupid, and I recall a hooking penalty on a Cap (was it Carlsen?) when there was obviously no hook whatsoever.