oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

But sometimes they let the soft stuff go. Like I said--inconsistent. There were also some outright bullshit calls. The 2-minute roughing to Simmonds on the fight was stupid, and I recall a hooking penalty on a Cap (was it Carlsen?) when there was obviously no hook whatsoever.

yeah, it seemed like at times they realized they were calling too many penalties, I don't know why Simmonds got the extra two minutes on the fight, I didn't see a replay that showed the beginning of that fight but it did seem odd to me

I actually thought the hooking call on Carlson was one of the few legit penalties in that game, if I'm remembering that one right he did kinda grab a Flyer who was heading to the net, both calls on Orpik in the first were complete garbage tho

The holding call on the Flyers was soft but so was pretty much every call the Flyers got in the first.

This is absolutely a benchmark game for the Caps. Personally, I have questions about their defense in the playoffs. We'll see how it goes.

The defense played really well last night, Carlson in particular.

If the Blues try and keep up that physicality all series..they will just beat themselves. They won off a lucky bounce of the puck and I'm sure their confidence is through the roof.

Hope is a blessing/curse.

Blackhawks are going to come out firing.

If the Blues try and keep up that physicality all series..they will just beat themselves. They won off a lucky bounce of the puck and I'm sure their confidence is through the roof.

Hope is a blessing/curse.

Blackhawks are going to come out firing.

The Ducks tried the same thing and how did that work? Ryan Kessler was quoted saying something similar to "there's only so much punishment they could take before they wear down". Being physical against the Hawks is good and all still they can overcome it.

• Upvote 1

Blues tried all that shit last night and when they were down they didn't really do as hot.

That challenge by Q changed the whole game..but the return of Duncan Keith is so great.

Somebody other than Dubnyk needs to show up to play.

Somebody other than Dubnyk needs to show up to play.

5 shutouts periods against a .905-.906 (cant remember which Lehtonen or Niemi had) Save percentage goalie is unacceptable.

Edit: scoreless not shutout

Edited by Bay

Steve Mason will have nightmares about that goal for a long, long time.

Anyway, that series is over. The Flyers may steal one at home, but it's not going beyond five games. The Capitals offense hasn't even woke up and they're still dominating.

So this is what it feels like to root for the team with the dominant goaltender

Favorite part of yesterdays game? Schenn getting shit on twice.

How about them Sharks? Wooooot

5 shutouts periods against a .905-.906 (cant remember which Lehtonen or Niemi had) Save percentage goalie is unacceptable.

Edit: scoreless not shutout

It really is pathetic

Barry Trotz' postgame comments:
“We’ve got to have greater urgency,” Trotz said after the game. “We’re going to have to make it difficult [for Philadelphia], more difficult than we did tonight.”
Asked how close his team is to playing its best hockey, Trotz turned philosophical.
“Good question,” he said. “Good question. I thought our game wasn’t where it needed to be, obviously. A little bit of the urgency, the execution, wasn’t there. And then we weren’t able to do some things that we wanted to. I think we’re going to get better as the series goes on. We’ve gone through a number of games in the last 20 that I would say weren’t our best.
“As the series goes on, I think we’re going to get more in the battle mode than we have been because we haven’t had to be in the battle mode for a while. We’ve got great leadership in there with our group. We’re going to Philadelphia. We’re going to have to bring our best game. Or something that looks like it, at least.”

that doesn't sound like what you hear from the winning coach, but it's what needs to be said, we really have not played our best games, Holtby has been taking way too much pressure and I don't think we're being creative enough in the offensive zone, given the Caps past history I'm not comfortable with any series lead, but I'm definitely not comfortable leading 2-0 after two games at home, that's expected, now we need to take at least one in Philly, hopefully we can step up and close it out Wednesday

Good on Trotz to speak the truth. The Capitals have looked very beatable, and I'm glad oochymp posted that sentiment first so I wouldn't sound bitter. :p If they don't step up, New York/Pittsburgh will beat them.

It doesn't matter, though, because the Flyers are winning four in a row and taking it in six. :towel:

I haven't been able to follow much beyond the Caps games but just checking I'd say the only real surprise at this point (obviously every series is far from over) is San Jose leaving LA with a 2-0 series lead

Did Lundqvist play in game 2 after all? If he didn't I'm surprised the Rangers took that one.

Also the Predators leaving Anaheim with a 2-0 lead is surprising.

Edited by Thanatos

Did Lundqvist play in game 2 after all? If he didn't I'm surprised the Rangers took that one.

Also the Predators leaving Anaheim with a 2-0 lead is surprising.

yes he did, and didn't seem to be much worse for wear

good catch on Preds/Ducks, I missed that as I was looking over the bracket, though the Preds did look really good early in the season it's still a surprise to see anyone take the first two on the road

I fucking hate the Flyers

They deserved that beatdown. No excuses for their behavior.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team take a penalty because of its fans, and then they cheered the penalty call

https://twitter.com/Cindy610/status/722239047633080320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

also, Bellemare needs to get a lengthy suspension

It actually happened in a Panthers/Devils game about about a month ago because their fans were throwing plastic rats on the ice.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team take a penalty because of its fans, and then they cheered the penalty call

https://twitter.com/Cindy610/status/722239047633080320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

also, Bellemare needs to get a lengthy suspension

And all it cost them was 5 PPGs allowed in a 6-1 smashing. Great job Philly fans.

But yeah that was a rare call. It's happened before, but I can't recall when.

Blackhawks and Red Wings now both trailing their series 3-1 and could be eliminated tomorrow, surprising to see the Blackhawks in that position

Neuvy's getting the start tonight for Philly, I guess they've gotta try to get a spark

I can't believe they only gave Bellemare one game, but hopefully we can make that a season-ending suspension :devious: