Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Sammy to Bills: " You're Making Me Look Bad "

Buffalo Bills wide receiver Sammy Watkins is upset with his lack of targets, telling The Buffalo News this week that he and his agent told the team that they were making him "look bad" after the Bills selected him fourth overall in 2014.

"I need the ball at least 10 times -- I need 10 targets -- and l'll be fine with however many yards I get," Watkins told the newspaper. "And that's what I addressed in talking with my agent. We reached out to a couple people and tried to pull some string like, 'Hey, I need my targets. You came up to draft me and I'm not getting targets -- that's a problem.'

"'You're making me look bad, and you're making yourself look bad. Why not make both of us look good?'"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13896976/sammy-watkins-tells-buffalo-bills-making-look-bad-lack-targets

Antonio Brown talks out about his lack or targets and criticizes Mike Vick, and all of a sudden Sammy finds his balls. Sammy's argument is much less compelling then Browns as well..

AB: " I need you [Vick] to trust me. Let's win some games. "

SW: " You drafted me high and you're making me look bad. "

Right. Let me make sure to get you more targets.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I don't really have a problem with him saying "throw me the ball", every wide receiver either thinks this, or say similar things all the time.

I do have a huge problem with him saying "don't throw him the ball".

Although I really didn't know he talked this kinda trash to begin with. Lol.

Shut the fuck up and get healthy first, Sammy.

Sammy definitely has to get on the field but this kid is an incredible talent. I believe they do need to feed him the ball more. If they do, they will be more productive on offense. They need to know how to get Sammy more involved in the offense. He's just too explosive. If Watkins was getting the targets like Beckham, I think he would be putting up the same numbers or even better.

He has no business saying this. Basically, the first game he had no catches because Indy put Vontae Davis and a safety on him practically the entire game. We had open receivers every play, just not him. He even said something like "I don't mind not getting catches when we get the win." Guess that was bullshit.

The second game he gets 6 catches including a touchdown. Seems like a reasonable number of targets.

The third game he gets a 30 yard catch and gets hurt. Hasn't played since.

Glad we gave up a first rounder for him rather than staying in our spot and taking Beckham.

Personally, i think he is a major talent that is being severely under used...but then again, I am a pats fan, so this makes me happy.

^Has he actually had an education or did his athletic ability do everything for him?

• Upvote 1

You know, when we traded him I was pissed but because I thought I'd at least like him as a player. What a god damn trainwreck.

Add entitled to the list of not so nice characteristics. Not likable at all.

• Upvote 1

100% injury rate?

> Kickers

> Punters

It was a good one. Now turn "game" into "games" into "season" into "career"

Tyrod Taylor just needs to throw 66% of his passes his way to keep him happy.

In his nine full games after publicly calling for the ball, Sammy Watkins averaged 8.9 targets for 5.4 catches, 100 yards, and a touchdown per game.

This is a stat courtesy of Ty Dunne of the Buffalo News. Watkins looked headed for another season of disappointing performance before going on an absolute tear down the stretch, during which Watkins took some of the NFL's best corners to school. Darrelle Revis simply could not cover Watkins in Sunday's Week 17 upset of the Jets. Watkins arguably should be valued in the high-end WR2 to low-end WR1 range heading into 2016.

He's still a selfish primadonna, but I can live with that as long as he plays well.

No surprise. Like I said earlier in this thread, Sammy is an incredible talent. No doubt he can be a top elite WR in this league. Hopefully the Bills continue to feed him the ball.

• Upvote 1