Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Game of Thrones Season 7

Yeah that was Viserion that bit the bullet (only knew from closed captioning). Still, pretty fucking dumb that a ballista can't kill a dragon, but the Night King can just fucking throw a javelin and have a dragon explode in a shower of blood.

Never doubt magical exploding ice javelins. And yeah the sheer amount of blood was impressive lol. And first shot too. It's like he had been practicing in the backyard with dad all these years waiting for the long night

Score: 1. Team White walker baby!

Anyhow, my theory is that the Night King also has some sort of future-sight like Bran and that whole thing was a trap for Daenarys and her dragons.

I mean, pretty sure dragonfire- even undead dragonfire- will melt the Wall.

But Dany even getting there in time makes no sense. How freaking fast are the Wall's ravens? Dragonstone is south. They were completely north.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

That's not very far fetched. I mean he can sense Bran and disrupt his powers so that's totally plausible.

Also , they made a big point about Dany being barren. I think she's gonna get pregnant.

A great oh-shit episode, but the inconsistent pacing is really starting to bother me, and Arya's character makes no sense. Something about this season just isn't sticking together, but maybe I just need to re-watch. Gonna try and binge all six episodes before the finale.

I think they're trying a little to hard to build suspense and create conflict where there isn't really that much otherwise. I'm eager for the books to come out

https://twitter.com/AaronRodgers12/status/899493042452910080

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I think they're trying a little to hard to build suspense and create conflict where there isn't really that much otherwise. I'm eager for the books to come out

It's partially that, but it's also partially that the show has deliberately and effectively built up a certain pace over the course of six seasons, and this season has just laid everything to waste. Characters can suddenly go from one end of Westeros to another in the same episode, which creates problems. Are all the other characters just sitting around while this is going on?

I, too, am eager to see how GRRM handles the final act of the saga, compared to the TV series.

I was on the 'Fuck Dany and her dragons' train still am really but its nice that shes gonna kill some dead army first. Who woulda thunk that band of misfits would all go north of the wall together. If I had my pick of the litter da hound would be the king in the end.

Edited by Barracuda

Game of Thrones finale titled "The Dragon and the Wolf"
Total running time is 79 minutes, 43 seconds.

• Upvote 1

Dragon=Dany, Wolf=Jon

They gon' bang. :megusta:

Nothing hotter than aunt and nephew action, amiright?

Is it really incest, if you honestly don't know? They def. gon bang. Jon snow knows nothing and is blinded by her body and the usefulness of those dragons. Dany has not been a very good person since coming over to Westeros. If she won't listen to Tryrion maybe she'll listen to that sweet Snow semen though.

Nothing hotter than aunt and nephew action, amiright?

Targaryen's have done the Lannister for centuries to keep their bloodline pure. It definitely is a lot more innocent this way though.

What do you guys think of the insane fan theory

that Bran is the Night King? I'm pretty sure I would hate this show forever if that's their ace in the hole after all this time.

Littlefinger gonna get the axe this weekend.

And that theory is stupid. Wouldn't make any sense.

Edited by Sparty

I re-watched the episode yesterday and enjoyed it a lot more. The timeline questions still bother me, but GoT, like most great shows, is always better on a re-watch. Loved the cinematography of the Tyrion/Dany scene, shooting them far apart when they weren't seeing eye-to-eye and close up when they were.

Littlefinger gonna get the axe this weekend.

And that theory is stupid. Wouldn't make any sense.

Does that character actually make sense though?

I've seen that theory before. I don't think it is true, but it is pretty interesting.

We might see the Tourney of Harrenhal this episode.

I'm just so fucking ready for Clegane bowl. Been waiting since Sandor was gravedigger theory.

• Upvote 1

So this season finale (based on the previews) features a Sopranos-esque sit-down including...

Dany

Jon

Cersei

Jamie

Tyrion

There's NO way they all make it out of this episode alive, right?

This finale is gonna be so epic. I don't have HBO anymore tho so I can't watch it live. :(

@Stevo:I think Cersei just dies by Jamie, with the war with the Walkers being the great and final battle.

Edited by Sparty

I'm just so fucking ready for Clegane bowl. Been waiting since Sandor was gravedigger theory.

YES

Oh shit, is the Hound going with Jon & Co. to King's Landing? Also, Brienne being there could be interesting.

Sparty, borrow an HBOGO password from a friend!