Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Let's Discuss this Ridiculous Public Restroom Issue

What are everybody's thoughts on the current Transgender/gender identity public restroom debate?

As for me, I'm just baffled that this is an issue in the first place. Under no circumstances would I be comfortable allowing a man in to the same restroom as my young daughter (this is hypothetical as I'm not a father) in a public setting. Sorry, but I don't know the individual and therefore cannot trust him. I don't give the slightest shit about what he identifies as--I care about the safety of my child first and I shouldn't feel the need to follow some creep into the restroom to make sure he's safe for children to be around. Yes, women can be predators, too, but if I allow my daughter to go take care of her business and then see some creepy fuck go into the same restroom, that's going to unnerve me, and no matter how sensitized they want us to be to transgender and gender ID struggles, they don't need to extend to public restrooms. There is no fucking issue here. There's simply a group of people whose feelings seem to be deemed worthy of wasted money on legislative sessions. This debate is going to go on for years and cost states boatloads of money. At some point, American citizens need to understand that some life situations are uncomfortable. Deal with it, nancy.

NOBODY is comfortable in a public restroom. They're disgusting places from the pits of hell. If you identify as a woman but are man, bioligically, go in the stall and deal with it. If it's so uncomfortable that it makes you cry, perhaps you need to grow the fuck up and understand that life isn't perfect. Life is going to make you uncomfortable.

• Downvote 1

Women's bathrooms are all stalls, Bware. Your daughter wouldn't be exposed. It'd be more weird to see a she-male in the men's bathroom.

Women's bathrooms are all stalls, Bware. Your daughter wouldn't be exposed. It'd be more weird to see a she-male in the men's bathroom.

Stalls or not it is not unreasonable for a parent to fear for their daughter's safety if they see a man going into the same restroom.

Let's shoot this shit down because the argument is the same on both sides.

A transgender man or woman does not feel comfortable in the bathroom that they do not identify with because there are people that are different from them in the bathroom. A male-to-female transgender wants to use the women's bathroom, but looks every bit like a man and has a penis. They are told to just use a family restroom instead to avoid making people in said bathroom uncomfortable. In response they argue that they are being segregated and that it is their right to use whichever bathroom they choose.

The issue is brought from the feel good SJWs who want to prop up a minority because they believe any minority is under the same fire as the blacks were before the civil rights movement. Which is clearly horse shit as transgenders are not made to sit in different seats on the bus or forced into poverty by government corruption.

It is impossible to set a law in stone that can accurately identify transgenders at any stage of their process. Whether they have a penis and a beard but have make-up and the like. Or whether they look nearly identical to a female. Transgenders are not always identifiable, so they need to take personal responsibility to use the restroom that best fits the entire situation.

Here is the issue with arguing that you should not have to use the restroom you don't identify with because you are uncomfortable, but refuse to use a neutral restroom.

You, a single individual, do not matter than a majority of others. If I have one transgender person vs. twenty average people who don't feel comfortable with someone who looks like this

http://tgforum.com.previewc40.carrierzone.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_lvoo1tATfP1qm5qqfo1_500.png?lbisphpreq=1

I will side with the twenty people every time. Sexual assault and misconduct happens in the restroom. We should not open the floodgates and normalize allowing people who do not fit into any bathroom they choose. A male-to-female who has not taken the proper steps to appear as a female should be respectful and understand that they make other people uncomfortable, as painful as it may be to accept that.

This is all about respect, and the SJW crowd can cry that transgender people have it awful and if nothing else deserve this, but if those people aren't willing to show respect to the fact that other people feel uncomfortable in the same way, they should told off.

I have no personal issue with transgender people. I understand that many of them do go through a daily identity struggle and have to deal with a lot of social abnormality due to the way they present themselves, but that does not change the facts. The restroom is not a place to cement your identity as a person.

If a someone wants to go in to a restroom and molest/rape a little boy/girl(or an adult), they're going to do it. Regardless of what they "identify" as. Being labeled as a transgender/gender identity confused person does nothing to make this task any easier or harder for them. It's as simple as going through a door either way.

I think it definitely opens the door a lot more for people. It normalizes allowing men who look like men into a women's restroom and vice versa. I'd argue the much larger issue is the whole comfort thing. Both people feel uncomfortable in the situation. But the issue steams from SJWs refusing to back down and settle for neutral bathrooms until they are perceived by society as whatever they identify as.

If you still have your male reproductive organs you go in a men's bathroom. If not you go in a female bathroom. Simple as that.

The fact that this is even an issue is a testament to how fucked up the world is.

• Upvote 1

If you still have your male reproductive organs you go in a men's bathroom. If not you go in a female bathroom. Simple as that.

The fact that this is even an issue is a testament to how fucked up the world is.

You hit it on the head.

Who the fuck would want to have sex in a public restroom anyway? No one likes using them anyway, and most places do not have a family restroom, they're all either male or female. If only all people could be trusted to not expose people in either bathroom this would never be an issue.

I have a transgender friend (turns out you really do meet all kinds in college) and she says that she's terrified of going to the bathroom in public places because she hasn't had surgery to change her parts, but she's taken hormonal therapy and such to the point where you could basically never tell she was a guy unless you went for a squeeze. I know it's not the case for all people, but it is the case for most people, if they feel more comfortable in the womans restroom and they just really need to take a leak, they should be able to. If they feel more comfortable in the mens restroom, they should use the mens. It isn't going to stop sexual abuse from happening, it will only serve in making transgendered people wholly uncomfortable, and increase the chance of assault on... transgendered people.

• Upvote 1

Who the fuck would want to have sex in a public restroom anyway? No one likes using them anyway, and most places do not have a family restroom, they're all either male or female. If only all people could be trusted to not expose people in either bathroom this would never be an issue.

I have a transgender friend (turns out you really do meet all kinds in college) and she says that she's terrified of going to the bathroom in public places because she hasn't had surgery to change her parts, but she's taken hormonal therapy and such to the point where you could basically never tell she was a guy unless you went for a squeeze. I know it's not the case for all people, but it is the case for most people, if they feel more comfortable in the womans restroom and they just really need to take a leak, they should be able to. If they feel more comfortable in the mens restroom, they should use the mens. It isn't going to stop sexual abuse from happening, it will only serve in making transgendered people wholly uncomfortable, and increase the chance of assault on... transgendered people.

I don't get this. What are you referencing?

In this case I would say someone who is transgender should use the restroom that best fits. If you are a male-to-female and still look much like a male I'd say use the male restroom. However, if they're like your friend and look convincingly as the gender they identify with by all means use the restroom they prefer. Sexual abuse happens regardless in the restroom, yes, but allowing anyone into whichever bathroom they choose opens the door for a lot of potential predators.

It makes people uncomfortable either way you do it. It's up to a transgender person to know when they should and shouldn't use that restroom, and if possible to use a gender neutral or family restroom to avoid the situation entirely. My issue is more than anything that many transgenders refuse to be polite and just use a gender neutral or family restroom when given the chance. The restroom is not the place for gender identity to be defined, and when you refuse a neutral restroom you're making it about that.

I mean all bathrooms in places I've been to are gendered. All Male, or All Female. If there are an abundance of gender neutral bathrooms in public places, it's new to me.

I mean all bathrooms in places I've been to are gendered. All Male, or All Female. If there are an abundance of gender neutral bathrooms in public places, it's new to me.

Where you are they might be frozen shut due to lack of use in the great white north :smug:

<_ look the point is you aren allowing sexual abusers into bathroom of their choice with these laws that just fear mongering. letting transgendered people use without being prosecuted for it. if someone going to abuse they do it regardless in place prevent from happening discriminate against people.>

• Upvote 1

Posted in the last thread that talked about this.

B_0nBU9UcAARWry.jpg

• Upvote 1

It normalizes allowing people who you would think normally don't belong in said bathroom being in that bathroom. The laws are in place to discriminate? It's just a societal norm.

Norms are norms..you know things that have been in place since the beginning of time.

For example.

Opening a car door for a woman.

Slowing down near areas where there are numerous children around playing.

Inviting people that don't have a lot of family over for holiday meals.

Not fucking letting trannies choose what bathroom they want to go in on any given day. Because if that's going to be the case why don't we just make bathrooms for people in general? No more male/female segregation. Bathrooms for everybody. Don't want to discriminate against people that want to use the opposite sex's bathroom for w/e purpose they want to deem necessary.

Norms are excuses for past behaviour, and norms change over time. Or do you want me to force you to sit in the back of the bus, or use your own water fountain, since you can't use the white people water fountains? Let people use the fucking bathroom they want to use, if they end up using that privilege for nefarious purposes, then the law is there to strike them down for sexual harassment and abuse.

• Upvote 1

Because if that's going to be the case why don't we just make bathrooms for people in general? No more male/female segregation. Bathrooms for everybody. Don't want to discriminate against people that want to use the opposite sex's bathroom for w/e purpose they want to deem necessary.

Now you're getting it.

• Upvote 1

Norms are excuses for past behaviour, and norms change over time. Or do you want me to force you to sit in the back of the bus, or use your own water fountain, since you can't use the white people water fountains? Let people use the fucking bathroom they want to use, if they end up using that privilege for nefarious purposes, then the law is there to strike them down for sexual harassment and abuse.

I'm not saying this isn't something that should change over time. In 30 years this won't be even the slightest issue due to transgender awareness and common acceptance. But right now it's just simply not a good idea to force legislation on it. Let laws adapt at the pace society does. We're clearly turning more and more liberal as a nation.

I meant the sex in the bathroom comment.

Such a great quote.

mlk-cfw.jpg

You love pulling this quote out every single time we have a social issue that involves a minority. I see the argument, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

You love pulling this quote out every single time we have a social issue that involves a minority. I see the argument, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

Because its so perfect. Its easy to say "whats the big deal? You'll get equal rights in 30 years." when you dont have to suffer through discrimination for those 30 years.

Edited by blotsfan

I don't see the big deal. Is the argument against seriously... "My daughter could get raped"? Really? That's like being afraid of being near a gay man because you think he is going to bend you over and fuck you in the ass.

• Upvote 1

Because its so perfect. Its easy to say "whats the big deal? You'll get equal rights in 30 years." when you dont have to suffer through discrimination for those 30 years.

There's a large difference between the civil rights movement and allowing people to use the bathroom of their choice. Edited by Chernobyl426

Man, every time I see this thread title cut off, I think this is a thread about discussing the ridiculous fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. Instead its just a good chunk of TGP being transphobic :(