Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Eagles offseason 2016

It's risky anytime you give up as many picks as the Eagles did to take Carson Wentz but if you're going to pull the trigger on a move like that then why not go after a guy who is big, mobile, can make all the throws is a proven leader and winner and was a star off the field in the classroom? Wentz even played in a pro style offense and called protection and plays at the line. If the Eagles ever had their franchise QB this is it.

As for the rest of the draft, the Eagles did actually end up picking 8 times and they took players at positions of need. They are mid-late round guys but they'll have a chance to come in and compete and at least provide some depth that wasn't there last year.

As far as free agency and trades go, the Eagles cut some of the fat off and freed up some cash. That's definitely a good thing because next year we're not going to have all our picks, especially early on so we'll have to bring in some free agents to fill roster spots. Going forward we have make sure we can give Wentz the weapons and protection he'll need to maximize his potential.

I also really like what the team did with the QB situation in front of their rookie bringing Bradford back to start off and Chase Daniels to not only be a solid back up but to help bring everyone along in their new offense. Let these guys get their reps while the rookie can learn how to be a pro and learn some what the speed of the game from the sideline.

I have to be honest, I was very skeptical of the Pederson hire because I hate Andy Reid, but he is a good coach. Hopefully Doug picked what he could and isn't a choker or a bad play caller lol.

You've got a lot to be excited about, man. You got the best QB prospect in the draft who is the most pro ready because he didn't play in a pure spread or LOL Air Raid offense.

Judging a QB by scheme is a terrible way to predict pro readiness. If we're going by scheme Connor Cook is gonna demolish the NFL this year. Oh wait.

• Upvote 1

Judging a QB by scheme is a terrible way to predict pro readiness. If we're going by scheme Connor Cook is gonna demolish the NFL this year. Oh wait.

Just one piece to the puzzle. Judging a QB but any one factor is terrible. Mentally, coming from a pro style offense should make things easier. Not saying it means he'll be a star but it makes a the transition a little less painful.

Eagles got the 3rd best QB prospect in the draft at #2. I think that is poo poo value, but maybe that's just me. IN other news, I hope we never see or hear from Sam Bradford again.

Just one piece to the puzzle. Judging a QB but any one factor is terrible. Mentally, coming from a pro style offense should make things easier. Not saying it means he'll be a star but it makes a the transition a little less painful.

It's certainly better to come from a pro-style offense as opposed to strictly spread or strictly Air Raid, and NDSU's pro style was more or less the varying looks they could give people. They'd go I formation one series, 5 wide the next. Pistol after that. They did it all.

3rd best prospect lol. What are you smoking, JD? If Wentz had done what he did at a major BCS school, he'd have been the unanimous #1 QB prospect.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Eagles got the 3rd best QB prospect in the draft at #2. I think that is poo poo value, but maybe that's just me. IN other news, I hope we never see or hear from Sam Bradford again.

4th if the Cody Kessler hype is to be believed. :p

• Upvote 1

Lolno. Paxton and Goff still better. Kessler is better right now as well but has a shit ceiling in comparison.

Wentz could pan out the best but he's a project. That's why Eagles are talking about starting Bradford starting RN. Goff is a cut above.

Lolno. Paxton and Goff still better. Kessler is better right now as well but has a shit ceiling in comparison.

Wentz could pan out the best but he's a project. That's why Eagles are talking about starting Bradford starting RN. Goff is a cut above.

ROFL

Dude Kessler sucks

Dude Kessler sucks

Long run he has the lowest ceiling of the four. As a day one starter I have him over Wentz. Wentz has a lot of potential because of his arm but outside of that he looks like an FCS quarterback.

Potential is merely unobtained production. Obviously at this point you could say that all any of these guys has is potential. But really gets me is when we say it about guys 3-4 years into their careers. Having potential amounts to failed expections.

Andrew Luck has potential.

Connor Cook is going to be the best QB of this class...because the rest will fail miserably and he'll be padding the stats late in games after we are up big in the 4th after flawless victory. :smug:

But seriously...the Eagles fucked themselves for the foreseeable future when Wentz doesn't pan out..which I'm totes ok with that.

Connor Cook is going to be the best QB of this class...because the rest will fail miserably and he'll be padding the stats late in games after we are up big in the 4th after flawless victory. :smug:

But seriously...the Eagles fucked themselves for the foreseeable future when Wentz doesn't pan out..which I'm totes ok with that.

I was initially incredibly fucking shook then realized it was a joke. LolCook.

I was initially incredibly fucking shook then realized it was a joke. LolCook.

His dad's tweets are amazing.

13164195_10153640376549077_4690883203078

ChttnVvXAAIeSoi-3-168x300.jpg

ChtztrWXAAAlsqy-3-300x127.jpg

This one made me laugh for 5 minutes. It's genius:

Cht7cKfUUAAfaOT-3-300x113.jpg

Connor Cook & family make me think of a middle class white suburban family who secretly attend KKK meetings.

Connor Cook & family make me think of a middle class white suburban family who secretly attend KKK meetings.

Guess they aren't so secret after all.

you are on your own on this 1 dude im pissed what the eagles did in the draft it was really stupid offering

2016(8th), 3rd (2016), 4th (2016) and 1st(2017) and 2nd (2018) but we also gave up Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso and Demarco Murray and Lesean Mccoy to get up to that 2nd pick in the draft for a QB who will most likely be 3rd string this year..

Howie Roseman over paid Sam Bradford 2yr 36 Million dollars 18 Mil Guaranteed, then and went it gave Chase Daniels a 3yr 21 Million dollar Contract 12 Million Guaranteed. It really is stupid to give all that up and pay the two Quarterbacks what they did

you are on your own on this 1 dude im pissed what the eagles did in the draft it was really stupid offering

2016(8th), 3rd (2016), 4th (2016) and 1st(2017) and 2nd (2018) but we also gave up Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso and Demarco Murray and Lesean Mccoy to get up to that 2nd pick in the draft for a QB who will most likely be 3rd string this year..

Howie Roseman over paid Sam Bradford 2yr 36 Million dollars 18 Mil Guaranteed, then and went it gave Chase Daniels a 3yr 21 Million dollar Contract 12 Million Guaranteed. It really is stupid to give all that up and pay the two Quarterbacks what they did

Chip and Marynowtitz got rid of LeSean for Kiko who has a bad injury history. They unloaded DeMarco and Maxwell's contracts which could only be viewed as a plus.All the while they parlayed the assets they received in return for those bad contracts for a potential franchise QB. They still pick 8 times next year. They just don't have a first.

Chip and Marynowtitz got rid of LeSean for Kiko who has a bad injury history. They unloaded DeMarco and Maxwell's contracts which could only be viewed as a plus.All the while they parlayed the assets they received in return for those bad contracts for a potential franchise QB. They still pick 8 times next year. They just don't have a first.

Still not worth the gamble we mostly like won't see Wentz until next year and if the unlikely chance Bradford plays extremely well to be back next year then we won't seem him next year either

You don't trade what you did to get to the number 2 pick to be 3rd String no matter what and if he starts that will be bad also cause you don't pay a QB 18 Mil to sit on the bench either.. our management was stupid in this one.

Edited by WeaponX20

Wouldn't be against pouring money like that into the QB position if it were good options. Why would you drop 50 some million over a couple years on Chase Daniel and Sam Bradford, then draft a project #2 overall.

Wouldn't be against pouring money like that into the QB position if it were good options. Why would you drop 50 some million over a couple years on Chase Daniel and Sam Bradford, then draft a project #2 overall.

Because at the time, the Eagles didn't know they would land the #2 overall pick. If they knew they were gonna pull a trade off, I bet they let Bradford walk but still sign Daniel because Douggy P wants Wentz on the bench to start.

They must have a serious hard-on for Wentz to move up to #2 after spending $50 million on the other two guys then.

They do.

Eagles QBs coach John DeFilippo said he has been "pleasantly surprised" with No. 2 overall pick Carson Wentz's development.

"I think there were some things that I thought he would need a little more work with it than he does," DeFilippo said. "He’s further along from a seeing-the-field standpoint than I thought he would be. He’s further along from a playing speed standpoint than I thought he would be coming from the FCS level." It is still early in the offseason, but Wentz has also earned praised for his ability to pick up the offense. It remains likely Sam Bradford opens the season as the starter, but Wentz looks poised to make the veteran earn it.
Jun 2 - 10:24 AM

They must have a serious hard-on for Wentz to move up to #2 after spending $50 million on the other two guys then.

Well, they should have. He's the best quarterback in the draft. I mean, he'll certainly be better than Paxton Lynch :p