Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

George Zimmerman Auctioning Gun That Killed Trayvon Martin

George Zimmerman shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on February 26, 2012. Zimmerman was charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter, then acquitted by a Florida jury on July 13, 2013. The case sparked a nationwide debate and protests over “stand your ground” laws and race relations in the United States.

Now, Zimmerman is auctioning off the 9-millimeter pistol he used to kill Martin on a website called GunBroker.com.

“I am honored and humbled to announce the sale of an American Firearm Icon,” he wrote in the description of the gun used to kill the unarmed, black teenager. “The firearm for sale is the firearm that was used to defend my life and end the brutal attack from Trayvon Martin on 2/26/2012.”

He wrote that the proceeds will be used to “fight [black Lives Matter] violence against Law Enforcement officers” and to “ensure the demise of Angela Correy’s persecution career and Hillary Clinton’s anti-firearm rhetoric,” though he hasn’t expounded upon how.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/12/george-zimmerman-to-auction-off-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/?tid=sm_fb

This is one of the biggest pieces of shit in this country. Granted, there are a ton of guys worse than this and the media allows us to see stuff like it, but.... Disgusting. Revolting.

It's a smart move, to be fair. Selling the gun as "the gun that killed Trayvon Martin" instantly raises its value tenfold, even if it's a bit fucked up to sell a murder weapon.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

I understand that concept, however I would not call the move or him "smart" .

I understand that concept, however I would not call the move or him "smart" .

How isn't it? He's getting media attention again and raising the value of the weapon. It's making a $300 gun worth $5000 or more.

It's a smart move, to be fair. Selling the gun as "the gun that killed Trayvon Martin" instantly raises its value tenfold, even if it's a bit fucked up to sell a murder weapon.

Yea smart isn't the word, it's more sadistic if anything. It also shows his greed, he could have just auctioned it off and be done with that but to openly state it's use and end result of who he killed with it is purely fucked up. This guy is one of the biggest waste of human life.

Yea smart isn't the word, it's more sadistic if anything. It also shows his greed, he could have just auctioned it off and be done with that but to openly state it's use and end result of who he killed with it is purely fucked up. This guy is one of the biggest waste of human life.

Smart as in willing to profit as much as possible. It's sadistic for sure but the man is gonna sell it for huge bucks to some idiot who thinks the gun has more value because Zim killed a kid with it. It's less on Zim and more on the dipshit who buys it for thousands.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some things aren't worth the money. Continuing to bring this attention to himself will not end well.

Edited by CampinWithTheGawdCaldwell

This guy is asking to get killed, honestly.

And nobody would give the slightest rat's ass if he was. He should be in jail.

I really wanted to see how much some idiot would shell out for it :(

People = Shit

Amazed this subhuman is still alive.

This has to open him up to a civil suit doesn't it? I really don't think he's even going to profit from this.

It's a good thing the proceeds will go to fighting Black Lives Matter, and all the violence and brutality, and police lives they've taken.

• Upvote 1

Internet bidders such as "Racist McShootface" keep bidding up the gun according to USA Today

Auction got all the way up to 65M apparently.

For a $300 gun.

Hate Zimmerman all you want but saying auctioning a gun off for millions isn't smart is a joke.

I was slightly wrong on my estimate of raising the value of the gun by tenfold.

Raised it by two hundred sixteen thousand six hundred and sixty six fold.

Edited by Chernobyl426

You actually believe someone is willing to spend 65 million on that gun. Not internet trolls, someone actually looked at it and decided "I have 65 million dollars and this is the best use of it."

This is by far the most stunning thing in this thread.

:smug:

I think someone would spend a few million on it at most but who knows. I heard some museums have been in discussion for it.

$65 million was clearly trolls though.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Auction got all the way up to 65M apparently.

For a $300 gun.

Hate Zimmerman all you want but saying auctioning a gun off for millions isn't smart is a joke.

I was slightly wrong on my estimate of raising the value of the gun by tenfold.

Raised it by two hundred sixteen thousand six hundred and sixty six fold.

If this isn't some internet troll, I then I honestly don't even know what to thing anymore.

It was a bunch of trolls raising the pricing artificially, which is why the auction was shut down and last I knew, removed.

It was a bunch of trolls raising the pricing artificially, which is why the auction was shut down and last I knew, removed.

Apparently Shkreli may buy it for a few million just to destroy it. :yao:

Apparently Shkreli may buy it for a few million just to destroy it. :yao:

Thats believable other than the destroying it part. He'd post a ton of pictures showing it off.

If this isn't some internet troll, I then I honestly don't even know what to thing anymore.

Not knowing what to think never stopped you before...

• Upvote 1