RazorStar

All Division Teams (ALL DONE)

Fight me Razor. :p

Newton's been doing it for five years, I think that's long enough. He's the better QB right now and I don't really think that's in question. To each their own, I suppose.

Panthers also didn't have a top-5 defense. We were 6th. :p

Newton has most certainly not been playing at an elite level(or close to an elite level) for 5 years. That's just an asinine statement. Has he been good up until last year? yes. But last year has been his only year that was elite or anything close to elite.

Brees has been on or near an elite level practically every season he's been in New Orleans.

Lmao no.

NFCW defense > NFCN defense.

The all star defense? Yes. Each individual defense by comparison? No. Seattle is better than some, but everybody else is behind Minnesota and Green Bay.

The all star defense? Yes. Each individual defense by comparison? No. Seattle is better than some, but everybody else is behind Minnesota and Green Bay.

I think you are forgetting how dominant St. Louis and Arizona have been defensively.

I think you are forgetting how dominant St. Louis and Arizona have been defensively.

Minnesota and Green Bay are both better on that side of the ball. Chicago and Detroit will be as well if they stay healthy.

Newton has most certainly not been playing at an elite level(or close to an elite level) for 5 years. That's just an asinine statement. Has he been good up until last year? yes. But last year has been his only year that was elite or anything close to elite.

Brees has been on or near an elite level practically every season he's been in New Orleans.

He had the best season of any rookie QB ever. (At least, at the time, RG3 had a damn good rookie year as well.) He has had one down year, when he was injured in preseason because he made a dumb slide, and when he screwed up his back because he was hit by a damn car, (same year, still played 14 games).

Unless you're looking at purely QB rating, (since that would ignore his rushing ability), Newton has been a top-10 QB since year 1.

Elite since year 1? No. But my point was that he has consistently been a great QB since year 1, so what we saw last year is not out of the norm, it's simply more of the same, a continual improvement of a fantastic athlete. So to dismiss it as if he hasn't been consistent enough to say those results are normal is not a good argument. That's the argument we use for rookies and 2nd year players to not put them in top-10 lists. Not a 5 year veteran who's been doing similar things his entire career. The only reason people don't realize how good Newton was his first two years here was because the Panthers won 11 games combined in those two years. And winning is the only way the general public knows how to measure a QB's ability.

Let's put it this way. If we took a poll of every NFL expert in the world, or even let's just say, TGP, who would they choose as QB for this team, given the same standards Razor has set, Newton or Brees?

This is all just for discussion, Razor can choose who he pleases, it's his team. And Brees is a good QB, but I and several others on this site no longer think Brees is elite. Not last year and not the year before. He's just not himself, be it age, or injury, or something else.

Edited by Thanatos

Have the Rams been dominant? Stats peg both GB and Minny over them, i/e Yards Allowed and Points Allowed per game (via ESPN).

The Rams D-line is amazing. Their secondary is above average.

I'd take the defenses as so:

1. Seattle

T2. Arizona

T2. Minnesota

4. Rams

5. Packers

6. Lions

7. 49ers

8. Bears

Which would give the West a significant edge.

The NFC West has the best defense easily. Not even a question. Beast at every position.

Tyler Lockett not getting to play WR3 but John Brown does? Shafter. And dang, Patrick Lewis made it? I can't believe there are 3 worse starting centers in the league than that guy. And actually, the Seahawks have moved Justin Britt from tackle, to guard, to now center. So Patrick Lewis may not actually be a starting center anymore, but we shall see.

Edited by BC

Have the Rams been dominant? Stats peg both GB and Minny over them, i/e Yards Allowed and Points Allowed per game (via ESPN).

Doesn't factor in how often Rams D on field.

Tyler Lockett not getting to play WR3 but John Brown does? Shafter. And dang, Patrick Lewis made it? I can't believe there are 3 worse starting centers in the league than that guy. And actually, the Seahawks have moved Justin Britt from tackle, to guard, to now center. So Patrick Lewis may not actually be a starting center anymore, but we shall see.

John Brown had like 300 more yards + is a better pass catcher & route runner. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Doesn't factor in how often Rams D on field.

John Brown had like 300 more yards + is a better pass catcher & route runner. :yep:

You said dominant and nothing I have seen points to them being dominant aside from the players they have on paper.

• Upvote 1

That AFC North offense would put on a fucking SHOW. Whew. :yep:

That AFC North offense would put on a fucking SHOW. Whew. :yep:

Sure would with big Ben Having weapons like Brown, Green , Steve Smith and Eifert and bell and Having Thomas,Bintino,Pouncy and Yanda blocking that would be a hard team to beat