Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

What is he wrong about?

Feel free to use the Blots defense if you want. Call it out or criticize, but don't back it.. Instead resort to peanut gallery comments because the truth would fracture your fragile reality.

Pot. Kettle. You are the goddamn king of insults with no substance as far as politics go. Blots tore your bullshit apart, I notice you didn't respond to that.

And I'm not going to waste time refuting the sparse actual substance you have because you've shown you'll just ignore the response.

Pot. Kettle. You are the goddamn king of insults with no substance as far as politics go. Blots tore your bullshit apart, I notice you didn't respond to that.

And I'm not going to waste time refuting the sparse actual substance you have because you've shown you'll just ignore the response.

100%. I told you that you can use the Blots defense and I reserve the same right.I have yet to see Blots discredit or prove any WikiLeaks document to be incorrect. Feel free to help him.

US journalists communicate with people in the Clinton campaign: MAINSTREAM MEDIA SELLING OUT FOR SHILLARY! CANT TRUST WHAT THEY SAY! OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!!!

Video posted by news company literally owned by the Russian government: Now this is a quality, unbiased source for insights on the election.

Favre, everything he is saying in that video is so incredibly vague that it can't be proven false. Thats the point.

I never claimed the video, it's maker, or even Putin himself are unbiased.

He made comments that I found interesting and that matched, to a degree, with interviews done by 60 minutes and voters in Ohio (and many others around the nation).

Edit:

One such comment from one such voter:

" It seems like they (the Presidential candidates) are so involved with themselves that we, as a people, don't matter anymore. We are just here as pawns "

/Edit:

The Putin video wasn't a... "He said this so this proves _________________________".

So, really... I think the point is that you don't really get the point. Ha.

Edited by Favre4Ever

He made comments that I found interesting and that matched, to a degree, with interviews done by 60 minutes and voters in Ohio (and many others around the nation).

Then post those. If you keep posting blatantly biased sources, they'll tend to be dismissed out of hand.

Then post those. If you keep posting blatantly biased sources, they'll tend to be dismissed out of hand.

Why can't you make comments on the substance of what he is saying without seeing other people saying the same thing? I was looking for discussion on the words he was saying...

It had NOTHING to do with the source. I am not arguing with you if it's a biased source or not. Because really I feel it's irrelevant. If CNN posts a video of a Hillary Clinton interview, CNN isn't really responsible for the substance of HRC's comments.

So when Thanatos is going around and his only comment is "Lol at using Putin as a credible source" ... What? It isn't a source for anything. It's not supposed to prove anything. It's just a clip of comments he made.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Then stop bitching about the media every chance you get.

And what even is your point about what Putin said? Nothing of it was particularly substantial.

Then stop bitching about the media every chance you get.

And what even is your point about what Putin said? Nothing of it was particularly substantial.

The mainstream media has literally no relevance to the comments Putin made. You continuing to bring it up it puzzling.

The point is to generate discussion. We've discussed heavily how broken the two party system and the overall election cycle is in this country. Putin talks about that very thing. We've also discussed to some degree, the relations between the US and Russia which is also discussed by Putin.

That the political system is more than a little broken, that candidates and campaigns are more worried about creating diversions and distractions (a point I raised to you recently regarding Ms. Machado), that it's impossible to tell what the candidates would actually do if elected. Trump talks of cooperating and being diplomatic with Russia? Does that continue as President Trump or does he become more aggressive? HRC is extremely aggressive with Russia right now, does she turn heel and back off when she is elected?

Guest Phailadelphia

I think the point is youre citing a murderous dictator to make a point about US politics, which is...ill-advised and sort of a poor judgment of character.

• Upvote 1

I think the point is youre citing a murderous dictator to make a point about US politics, which is...ill-advised and sort of a poor judgment of character.

I understand that it's popular to hate Putin. I have no problem with that. The guy is disgusting... However, it doesn't automatically make every thing he says wrong or not worth discussing. The fact that he is evil or a bad guy or whatever you want to call him does not, in and of itself discredit what he is saying -- not on this topic at the very least. Especially when he is the leader of a nation that we and whoever wins this election will have to deal with extensively.

It's a very American way to think that... we and our opinions are the only ones that matter.

I understand that it's popular to hate Putin. I have no problem with that. The guy is disgusting... However, it doesn't automatically make every thing he says wrong or not worth discussing. The fact that he is evil or a bad guy or whatever you want to call him does not, in and of itself discredit what he is saying -- not on this topic at the very least. Especially when he is the leader of a nation that we and whoever wins this election will have to deal with extensively.

It's a very American way to think that... we and our opinions are the only ones that matter.

And yet Hillary is the devil for taking money from a dictator not to pad her own pockets, but to go to charity?

Guest Phailadelphia

You're not wrong (re: American exceptionalism), but that's not what I was getting at. There are plenty of of more credible people saying many of the same things Putin said in that video. The point is you chose to post Putin instead of one of those other people, which is why you're getting this backlash from Thanatos and Blots.

Aaaaanyway, HRC is within the margin of error in Texas polling (-3). We've been doing all this work to turn the state purple and Trump went and did it for us.

Edit: I forgot to quote F4E's most recent post but that's what I was responding to.

Edited by Phailadelphia

And yet Hillary is the devil for taking money from a dictator not to pad her own pockets, but to go to charity?

The devil has many different shapes and forms.

You're not wrong (re: American exceptionalism), but that's not what I was getting at. There are plenty of of more credible people saying many of the same things Putin said in that video. The point is you chose to post Putin instead of one of those other people, which is why you're getting this backlash from Thanatos and Blots.

Aaaaanyway, HRC is within the margin of error in Texas polling (-3). We've been doing all this work to turn the state purple and Trump went and did it for us.

Edit: I forgot to quote F4E's most recent post but that's what I was responding to.

Understandable. I would stand by it though. Because I don't think people would care so much if I simply post Joe's comments from 60 minutes or whatever other article / source I / you could find.. Putin is a little more influential than an everyday American, unfortunately and for better or for worse.

Says the Hillary supporter.

;)

• Upvote 1

Campaign manager Robby Mook and longtime Clinton confidant John Podesta thought the deal ― in which Clinton had committed to speak at an event for the king on the condition of his $12 million donation ― would look bad. Clinton aide Huma Abedin tried to explain that it was simply too late to back out.

“This was HRC’s idea,” Abedin wrote in an email to Podesta. “Our office approached the Moroccans and they 100 percent believe they are doing this at her request. The King has personally committed approx $12 million both for the endowment and to support the meeting. It will break a lot of china to back out now when we had so many opportunities to do it in the past few months.”

The team eventually reached a compromise. Hillary Clinton didn’t show up, but Bill Clinton and Chelsea Clinton did, and the money came through.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-morocco-emails_us_580cd86be4b0a03911ed5e27?section

There is a video in the link and the article goes over the exchange as well.. Chris Wallace pretty much destroys his opposition. Put them in a corner and did not let them out.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The FBI is looking at new emails

The FBI revealed Friday it was reviewing a new batch of emails that "appear to be pertinent" to its previous investigation into Hillary Clinton's use of a private server while she was secretary of state.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation," FBI director James Comey said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee. "I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fbi-re-open-investigation-clinton-email-server-n674631?cid=par-twitter-feed_20161028

Once Hillary wins the Presidency she will just pardon herself lol

Pretty sure you can't do that lol.

New emails my ass. Public pressure finally succeeded. She's gonna go to the pokey if she's loses