oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Exactly. That's why it's on the backs of small businesses and middle class people to pay the biggest burden of taxes. We allow crony capitalism through types like Clinton. :yep:

Make it at most 15% business tax and eliminate loopholes.

Edited by 2-14

Bernie Sanders came out and said that Hillary Clinton was 100% correct in her generalization of his voters. He also spun it to be less condescending. Biggest sellout in recent American politics. Although to his defense, Hillary Clinton and her campaign would probably have him murdered if he didn't comply -- so I can't completely blame him.

Bernie the Sellout

Also, apparently WikiLeaks had a big announcement on Tuesday and other social media people were predicting that Hillary Clinton's campaign will be brought to a halt (probably an exaggeration, of course). They then canceled said announcement because of security concerns.

I don't know what WikiLeaks has and the cat and mouse game is getting annoying... but just like Sanders, Assange's life is probably very much at risk -- so there is only so much criticism that I can levy.

WikiLeaks Announcement

Edited by Favre4Ever

At this point, wikileaks might as well be a branch of the KGB. I don't trust anything they say.

I read a good point. If you assume that the $915 million dollar loss isn't accounting bullshit, why would you consider Trump a good businessman? That happened at a time when the economy (especially real estate) was doing great.

Just vote for Gary Johnson guys, seriously. He's the most qualified, least crazy and least corrupt. But we live in a country of sheep who blindly believe that it's only Republican or Democrat without questioning why. Hopefully he can get on a debate and show people there is a legitimate 3rd option.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Do you not take all the deductions you can?"

Fucking RIP Kaine on taxes

Just vote for Gary Johnson guys, seriously. He's the most qualified, least crazy and least corrupt. But we live in a country of sheep who blindly believe that it's only Republican or Democrat without questioning why. Hopefully he can get on a debate and show people there is a legitimate 3rd option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_azcqlYC2s

I get that he's essentially acting out the phrase "biting your tongue", but got damn, you can't just do it all willy-nilly like that.

Edited by Vin

I think a good chunk of Gary Johnson is him intentionally saying dumb shit because its the only way he gets attention. I think the rest of it is why you probably shouldn't show up to interviews high.

Gary Johnson is in the 20%'s in both New Mexico (his homestate) and Utah... If he could somehow win both of those, we could see a Presidential election where neither candidate hits the required number of electoral votes.

Gary Johnson is in the 20%'s in both New Mexico (his homestate) and Utah... If he could somehow win both of those, we could see a Presidential election where neither candidate hits the required number of electoral votes.

Utah is incredibly unlikely though because its such a republican state. Even with how Johnson is doing, Trump still has over 50%. He's doing poorly for a republican in Utah, but not so poorly that he could lose. New Mexico seems pretty solid for Hillary now, but it seems possible that Johnson could steal enough votes from Hillary that it turns into a Trump win. However, if all other polling holds Hillary would still win without New Mexico.

Your candidate says worse shit every time he opens his mouth, lmao.

Lmao, like in the 2005 audio that was released today, where he claims that he can just "grab women by the pussy" and since he's a star they'll let him do it.

Edited by Thanatos

WikiLeaks has released what they claim to be emails and speech transcripts that were previously private of Hillary's engagements / speech arrangements with big banks and the top 1%.

The statements by Clinton, which were gleaned from documents that have yet to be authenticated by The Daily Beast, were made in private settings to big banks and Wall Street firms. The speeches appear to paint her in the worst possible light: two-faced, out of touch, secretive and subservient to Wall Street. And in the most explicit way possible, validate Bernie Sanders’ criticisms of her during the Democratic primary.

“How do you get to the golden key, how do we figure out what works? And the people that know the industry better than anybody are the people who work in the industry,” she allegedly said.

In another instance, Clinton appears to acknowledge that she’s out of touch: “I’m kind of far removed” from the struggles of the middle class and “growing sense of anxiety and even anger in the country” because of the “fortunes” that she and former President Bill Clinton currently enjoy.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/10/07/leaked-podesta-emails-show-bernie-was-right.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

A lot more in the link...

Since I guess no one posted this. A video of Trump essentially saying he regularly gropes women without consent has been leaked from 2005.

Trump has been accused of sexual assault plenty of times (even has said husbands can't rape their wives), but having actual audio of it seems to be making a big difference in terms of reaction. Its so bad that for the first time I can remember, Trump has apologized for something he's said.

Guest Phailadelphia

Since I guess no one posted this. A video of Trump essentially saying he regularly gropes women without consent has been leaked from 2005.

Trump has been accused of sexual assault plenty of times (even has said husbands can't rape their wives), but having actual audio of it seems to be making a big difference in terms of reaction. Its so bad that for the first time I can remember, Trump has apologized for something he's said.

That's the biggest non-apology I've seen from a candidate. Classic victim-blaming.

That's the biggest non-apology I've seen from a candidate. Classic victim-blaming.

I guess I should've clarified by Trump standards.

Not that I am defending the original comments, but where is he victim blaming in the apology?

Not that I am defending the original comments, but where is he victim blaming in the apology?

I think he meant the initial apology which was "sorry people got offended by what i said."

Your candidate says worse shit every time he opens his mouth, lmao.

Lmao, like in the 2005 audio that was released today, where he claims that he can just "grab women by the pussy" and since he's a star they'll let him do it.

There's a difference between ruffling feathers and being completely clueless.

And who cares? Private conversation on a bus from 11 years ago... don't give a fuck lol.

Back to Gary Johnson though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xlmU9LvtAs

oh dear god... this is one insufferable motherfucker.

• Downvote 2

She has to omit different words from select parts of his apology to get the interpretation she wants. Both her and Trump have an agenda with their comments. Reading her tweets (all of them, not just those) makes me cringe about as much as Trump's twitter account.

• Upvote 1