Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Guest Phailadelphia

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/19/politics/new-york-primary-voter-problem-polls-sanders-de-blasio/

tens of thousands purged from voting rolls in Brooklyn

This must not have happened either right, Phail? :mjlaugh:

Hate to break this to you but Hillary and the DNC literally can't do anything to rig the primary. The DNC exists to run the party and help candidates raise money and get out the vote. That's it.

Elections are run and administered by each individual state. They're monitored at multiple levels to verify accuracy and to flag any potential fraud or rigging. What you're alleging isn't possible without the cooperation of tens of thousands of election workers all colluding with the DNC & Clinton campaigns.

• Upvote 1

You can't argue with someone who believes conspiracy theories because whenever you introduce a new fact, they just make the conspiracy bigger.

• Upvote 1

Everyone loves conspiracies:
http://www.infowars.com/nbc-caught-preparing-hillary-victory-results-before-election/

Clinton Changing Course and turning the elction more about Trump than unity as she preached for a couple days:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-clinton-closing-argument-20161103-story.html

The sliminess of politics:
http://nypost.com/2016/01/17/after-pardoning-criminal-marc-rich-clintons-made-millions-off-friends/

Edited by Favre4Ever

You know what makes callusion with all those election workers possible? Being in politics for 40 years, having a lot of connections oh yeah and the little tiny fact that you're running a billion + campaign lol. Like I said, where there's smoke there's fire. All these accusations in multiple states, the resignation of Wasserman-Schultz, WikiLeaks, the Donna Brazile fiasco I mean it's never ending. We've never seen anything like this. She makes Carl Rove look like a fucking choir boy.

Oh and people are tried and convicted EVERY DAY on conspiracy and there are a lot of conspiracies that we know FOR SURE happened. Gulf of Tonkin, MK Ultra, Iran Contra, Water Gate etc just to name a few. Imagine the conspiracies we DON'T know about. Hell, I think it's pretty safe to say that most politicians who run for office at a significant level conspire with donors. So what does conspiracy theory even mean? Plenty of DA's have conspiracy theories that they prove and end up prosecuting people. You're just using a phrase to try and discredit shit that I say and in my opinion is an extremely weak argument.

Edited by seanbrock
  • Downvote 1

I was more making fun of the fact that that is the exact same thing everyone praises trump for.

Hillary isn't a perfect candidate. There are many things I don't like about her. I'm not a fan of how hawkish she is. I'm not a fan of the way she cozies up to the rich. I'm not a fan of her record with some racial issues.

The problem is that literally all of those things, Trump is that, but worse. Its not ideal, but this is the situation we're in. I voted for Bernie in the primary, but it is painfully obvious that if you care about his platform in the slightest, Hillary has to win. Why do you think he's been so dedicated campaigning for her? Trump would be a nightmare for the US. I tend to defend Hillary because look at the conversation here. Its a massive trump hard-on. People are so concerned about her that they ignore that Trump is a literal fascist.

I won't argue that Hillary is more similar to Bernie than Trump is, but that doesn't make her a good enough candidate in my eyes. Bernie endorsing her and campaigning for her really means nothing. They disagree on a lot of fundamental issues. I was not surprised when he endorsed her and began to campaign for her, but I was upset. I wish he hadn't, in truth.

And BJORN highlighted some things in your post that go directly against Bernie's platform. Bernie is not hawkish, nor does he cozy up to the rich, nor does he have a questionable record on race issues. Those are three big areas where they differ and where Bernie is better. They are different enough that a true Bernie supporter like myself shouldn't really be expected to support her.

You were really kind of a cocky asshole to him for no reason when he was legitimately pointing out a bit of a contradiction in your post. I won't judge you for it. Just pointing it out.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 1

My point was literally things I am not a fan of Hillary. My point was that they are not the same on some issues. My point is also that she isn't nearly as bad as Trump.

Bernie endorsed Hillary because he actually cares about the country more than he cares about her not being president, and recognizes what a complete disaster Trump would be. I wish some people here felt the same way.

Guest Phailadelphia

You know what makes callusion with all those election workers possible? Being in politics for 40 years, having a lot of connections oh yeah and the little tiny fact that you're running a billion + campaign lol. Like I said, where there's smoke there's fire. All these accusations in multiple states, the resignation of Wasserman-Schultz, WikiLeaks, the Donna Brazile fiasco I mean it's never ending. We've never seen anything like this. She makes Carl Rove look like a fucking choir boy.

Oh and people are tried and convicted EVERY DAY on conspiracy and there are a lot of conspiracies that we know FOR SURE happened. Gulf of Tonkin, MK Ultra, Iran Contra, Water Gate etc just to name a few. Imagine the conspiracies we DON'T know about. Hell, I think it's pretty safe to say that most politicians who run for office at a significant level conspire with donors. So what does conspiracy theory even mean? Plenty of DA's have conspiracy theories that they prove and end up prosecuting people. You're just using a phrase to try and discredit shit that I say and in my opinion is an extremely weak argument.

Election workers are picked at random, at the precinct level, by state and local governments. You're talking about an impossible level of collusion by thousands of people, many of them Republicans, all just to nominate Hillary as the Democratic nominee. AND that not one of those thousands of elections workers will squeal.

It takes a special kind of stupid to truly believe she or anyone else is capable of that.

• Upvote 1

Except it wasn't state wide it was in specific strategic districts that the voting fraud occurred lol

You don't think that's possibly with billions of dollars backing your campaign? :huh:

Edited by seanbrock

Specific strategic districts that lead to her getting 3 million more votes.

My point was literally things I am not a fan of Hillary. My point was that they are not the same on some issues. My point is also that she isn't nearly as bad as Trump.

Bernie endorsed Hillary because he actually cares about the country more than he cares about her not being president, and recognizes what a complete disaster Trump would be. I wish some people here felt the same way.

So would I be wrong to write Bernie in on my ballot?

If I was in the U.S. during the election, that is exactly what I would do.

So would I be wrong to write Bernie in on my ballot?

Yes unless you stop pretending to care about what he stands for.

• Downvote 1

Lol, ok blots.

2016-04-14-1460659939-9047934-difference

You can continue believing they are even remotely similar, but they're far more different than you think.

Anyone who truly ever supported Bernie should really think twice about blindly supporting Clinton.

And Hillary is better than Trump on every single one of those issues.

• Upvote 1

Hillary Clinton, if elected will be an extraordinarily powerful president who will do A LOT of damage to this country and basically go against everything Bernie believes. If she loses her re-election bid it will be against a conservative with more political backing than Trump has and he will in turn be another very powerful president as likely the congress will be conservative by then. If she gets 8 years she'll continue to be a bad president and the republicans will win the 2014 elections. Voting for 4 years of Trump with a chance of a good President in 2020 is a much better alternative than having bad presidents for possibly 16 years. That's the way I'm looking at it. A vote for Hillary is a vote for more of the same where as with Trump we have a chance for change in 4 years if Trump gets in.

Sean keeps dropping logic that actually makes me reconsider things. Brb I need to check outside real quick to see if I can catch some flying pigs.

And Hillary is better than Trump on every single one of those issues.

That's not really the point :shrug:

That's not really the point :shrug:

Thats 100% of the point. The point is that if you like Bernie's stances, Hillary is significantly better than Trump.

Lmao. You trying to tell ME what MY point is... new level of awesomeness, blots.

Trump has nothing to do with why I like Bernie. He's totally irrelevant. You trying to use Trump to make Hillary look better is a diversion from my point and one of the things I've been posting against.

Me: I really like Bernie and would write him in on my ballot if I voted.

You: If you cared about Bernie's policies, you would vote for Clinton.

Me: They are so different that you can't make that comparison.

You: But she's better than Trump!

Can you see now how you've been missing the point? It doesn't MATTER if she's better than Trump. That doesn't make her better than Bernie, it doesn't make her a better candidate than Bernie, and it doesn't make it logical to abandon my preferred candidate beause she's about 30% similar to Bernie (which is actually a stretch, but for the sake of debate I'll give you that much.)

Voting for Hillary is in no way, shape, or form a substitute for voting for Bernie. It's a logical fallacy to believe that, considering just how different they really are.

If I care about Bernie's policies, I'll vote for Bernie.

Edited by Sarge
  • Upvote 2

If Clinton loses this election :yao:. Trump almost did everything in his power to lose it and people are still eating him up. Just goes to show how lousy of a candidate she really is.

• Upvote 2

Yea... not only would Tump winning be the biggest Fuck You ever, it would also be the single biggest failure in American political history by Hillary.

Sarge, are you aware that Bernie is no longer running?

Before reading: Lololololololololololololol you took Scott Adams seriously on something.