Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Who would you rather have as the next president?

Who would you prefer to be the next president.   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to be the next president?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

I hope by negligence leading to death you mean something other than Benghazi, as that shit has been beaten to death. A panel of Republicans found her innocent of wrong-doing as far as that goes.

There's a trail of bodies in her wake, which includes but is not limited to Benghazi. A little research makes that very clear.

EDIT: I say negligence leading to because in most cases it can't be proven that Hillary personally said "go kill X"... Her death squad operates more more cleanly than that.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Wait you think Hillary has actually told some assassins to off political targets?

So yea, about this Trump guy.

He sucks.

Wait you think Hillary has actually told some assassins to off political targets?

Didn't say political targets necessarily. She has expressed an interest in droning Julian Assange as has some of her key campaign staff. There are also a trail of bodies in the woman abused and seduced by Bill. Death follows her.

Don't pussyfoot around the question Favre.

Do you think Hillary Clinton has in any way shape or form ordered the deaths of people to gain political advantages?

Don't pussyfoot around the question Favre.

Do you think Hillary Clinton has in any way shape or form ordered the deaths of people to gain political advantages?

Can't say for sure, all I can do is look at the evidence and draw conclusions from there.

I refuse to pick between either. I know that isn't the question of this thread, but so many people in this country blindly believe they have to pick between these two and that is a problem. This two party system is clearly failing a majority of people in this country. It just blows my mind that we just fall in line with it still.

As for these two terrible candidates. Hilary Clinton is an evil, disgusting woman who only cares for money and power. She is pretty much a glorified mobster. By voting for Hilary you pretty much are saying you like how things are in this country and want things to continue down the same path. I'm not sure how anyone can like that.

As for Donald Trump. We have one of the world's biggest egos, a complete jackass of a human being that has screwed over and ruined so many lives in the name of profit. There is something he has in common with Hilary. The whole successful businessman aspect people like to use is a joke. He was born into money and power, he's not some amazing shrewd businessman. To top it all off, he has absolutely no political experience whatsoever. I can understand how some could view that as a positive with how terrible most politicians are, but how can you be confident he can effectively run a country and government at all when he has no experience or training? What is even more hilarious is most people voting for Trump are the same dummies crying that they couldn't vote for Obama because he wasn't experienced enough. While he is more likely to change things from corporations pulling the strings than Hilary is, this guy is a complete jackass and is honestly a legit threat to help start WWIII. He has a short temper and I can easily see him losing his cool at important meetings with foreign leaders. He scares me.

These are two truly horrible and detestable people, and while I understand the question is being asked is to pick between one or the other not none of the above. It's just not a question I want to answer because there is no good choice. If this is the best this system has to offer then I can't wait for the system to change.

• Upvote 1

Because the way the system works you DO only have two choices. Even if a third party were to rise up, it would simply replace one of the two current parties and we would once again only have two choices.

Acting otherwise is naive and foolish. We need to fix the system rather than blaming people for believing there's only two real choices- because there is.

Edited by Thanatos

Acting otherwise is naive and foolish. We need to fix the system rather than blaming people for believing there's only two real choices- because there is.

Voting for Trump or Clinton doesn't come close to fixing the system, though.

Because the way the system works you DO only have two choices. Even if a third party were to rise up, it would simply replace one of the two current parties and we would once again only have two choices.

Politicians aren't going to change the system and voting for one of Hillary or Donald will only perpetuate the problem that we all know needs to be fixed.

Politics is about action and it's time that the people of this country let their voices be heard. A long time ago, our nation forgot who really holds the power -- and that's the people. It's time to begin exerting that power once again.

That is very true, but that is never going to change from a presidential election. You'll need to start seeing more third party candidates win lower-level elections and get firmly established to start winning.

Although, my prediction for the future of politics in this country is that the republican party realizes it will not be nationally relevant until it drops the social aspect of their platform. Doing so would essentially make the libertarians obsolete, keeping the two party system entrenched.

That is very true, but that is never going to change from a presidential election. You'll need to start seeing more third party candidates win lower-level elections and get firmly established to start winning.

Although, my prediction for the future of politics in this country is that the republican party realizes it will not be nationally relevant until it drops the social aspect of their platform. Doing so would essentially make the libertarians obsolete, keeping the two party system entrenched.

If Republicans have to adopt Libertarian principles, I would call that far from obsolete.

It would be a massive success for them, but would remove the need for their existence. If theres a bigger, more established party with the same principles as you, why bother running against them?

Oh yeah, I know what you mean and I am not necessarily disagreeing. I don't think they would cease to exist though. If such a thing were to happen, they can focus less on their over-arching differences and more so on some of the smaller and finer points that Republicans likely won't adopt. I am not sure what those points would be but I don't Republicans would just absorb every single Libertarian stance.

We aren't going anywhere. :D

Well I know theres the "big L" and the "small L" libertarians. I guess the party could be just full of the former, but those guys are complete nutjobs, so good luck with that lol.

I refuse to pick between either. I know that isn't the question of this thread, but so many people in this country blindly believe they have to pick between these two and that is a problem. This two party system is clearly failing a majority of people in this country. It just blows my mind that we just fall in line with it still.

Sure, you don't have to pick between these two, but at this point the next President is going to be one of these two. It hasn't always been just these two, there were 15 candidates in the primaries (and another 8 who withdrew before the primaries started) and these are the two who emerged from that process. About 28.5% of eligible voters voted in the primaries this year and that determined our candidates. That's the current system. You can argue whether the system as it currently exists is good (I would argue it's not) but under the current system as it exists these are the two candidates.