DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

I barely give a fuck about the NBA, but I hope Durant drops 50 on the Thunder and flexes all over Westbrook and OKC's salty ass fan base.

Durant is a chump lol. It's pretty much the consensus among all NBA and sports fans in general, not just Thunder fans. If he didn't choke in the conference finals, he might have already been a champion. I mean, Russ played his part too but Durant choked.
  • Upvote 1

The Magic traded Serge Ibaka to the Raptors for Terrence Ross and a 1st round pick. Not a great haul, but everyone knew we had to trade Ibaka. Our management is just horrible, at least we didn't get an albatross contract in return but I don't really care about Ross or likely whoever we take with that pick. This is just a tough time to be an Orlando Magic fan.

Actually I think that's a great haul considering how inconsistent Ibaka has been all year. Has he even been better than Ross this year?

Getting anything when he's on an expiring contract is great, imo. People laughed at the Thunder and I was super sad to see them jettison my favorite player, but it definitely looks like Orlando lost that trade.

It's definately a good haul all things considered, just nothing to be excited for. I probably would've preferred Powell off the Raptors, he has more upside but Ross can be a decent player for us. I'm hoping the Magic are not done making trades, the entire roster needs to be blown up. I'd trade everyone and anyone with Aaron Gordon being the guy I'm most inclined to keep. But still, I'd ship him out for a proven All Star.

Getting anything when he's on an expiring contract is great, imo. People laughed at the Thunder and I was super sad to see them jettison my favorite player, but it definitely looks like Orlando lost that trade.

They basically traded the 11th pick in 2016 and Oladipo for Ross and the 25th or so pick in 2017. I'd say that's an understatement. Thunder got rid of Ibaka at just the right time.

I think the Magic needed him to be more than the role player he was in OKC, but at the end of the day he's just like an elite level role player kind of guy who can be very good when you have stars in place on the team already. I think he'll probably be a better fit in Toronto. Orlando was just very unlucky in that they were bad at the wrong time. The one time they had a top 3 pick there just wasn't a lot there for them. Sure they could have gotten Giannis but 14 other teams passed on him too.

Well for one, I'm not crying over Oladipo. He's a good player, but he isn't a centerpiece star and we couldn't afford to pay both him and Fournier. The mistake was trading him for a guy with one year left on his deal. He came here with a poor attitude, didn't hustle or put in the effort he should've and reportedly was not getting along with most of his teammates. Which left us in a spot where we HAD to trade him and everyone knew it. Which is why we could only manage Terrence Ross and a late 1st for him. But Ibaka being gone is a good thing now, hopefully there is less tension in the locker room and now we can end this silly Aaron Gordon at the three experiment. I don't know why we waste our time trying to develop our young guys out of position, we did the same thing with Oladipo as a rookie trying him at PG.

I've really only been able to follow the scores most of the season because of school, and I got rid of my Bleacher Report app so that I could focus on academic responsibilities. What has prevented the Timberwolves from playing effective defense? Is it a poor effort from multiple individuals? A bad scheme? I came in thinking that the Twolves were gonna be alright this year.

I've really only been able to follow the scores most of the season because of school, and I got rid of my Bleacher Report app so that I could focus on academic responsibilities. What has prevented the Timberwolves from playing effective defense? Is it a poor effort from multiple individuals? A bad scheme? I came in thinking that the Twolves were gonna be alright this year.

Towns does too much freelancing, imo. He's not good enough as rebounder right now. Towns and Dieng should really be a good set of towers in the paint but, like the rest of the team, they're both young. They're also so much better than their backups that Thibodeau has no incentive to rest them and let them watch Jordan Hill play defense lol.

Lavine was actually not a huge part of the problem. Dude made serious strides on both sides of the ball this year and for him to tear his ACL...:( Goddammit.

Been waiting for this to happen. Sixers have a pick swap with Sacramento and the 2019 first rounder totally unprotected. Sam Hinkie is a God, seriously. lol He got all of this for basically just taking on Carl Landry's salary. The Kings are a way worse managed team than any in professional sports. The Browns have absolutely nothing on the Kings ha.

Edited by seanbrock

So did they just not play any defense last night?

Man, getting Boogie for fuckin' nothing makes me sad that the Thunder couldn't have pulled that off. I like Kanter's offense and his personality, but even as a cancerous cunt, Cousins/Westbrook/Adams/Dipo would've been stout.

• Upvote 1

It sounds like Vivek considers Buddy to be a talent on the level of Steph so if you go from his (incredibly stupid) perspective, they got a great return for Boogie.

Divac says he had a much better trade offer for Cousins two days ago and he figured the deals would only get worse as the deadline got closer. Seems like he saw what he lost (whatever that was), and overreacted. Maybe not, but that is what it looks like from here.

I actually think the Kings got a solid haul all things considered. You will NEVER get equal return for an All Star but the Kings love Hield and he was just a top 10 pick and just got the Pelicans' 1st this year. Considering New Orleans is currently in the lottery and not a lock to get out, the Kings could end up with two lottery picks but most likely at worst that pick ends up around 16th or so. They are rebuilding so they have a young group to start with at least.

It's pretty laughable compared to what the Magic got for Dwight. You could say Dwight at the time was better than Cousins is now which is debatable imo but the return packages are just not even close. This is a tank move imo.

Everyone laughed at the Magic for what they got in return for Dwight too....

I actually think the Kings got a solid haul all things considered. You will NEVER get equal return for an All Star but the Kings love Hield and he was just a top 10 pick and just got the Pelicans' 1st this year. Considering New Orleans is currently in the lottery and not a lock to get out, the Kings could end up with two lottery picks but most likely at worst that pick ends up around 16th or so. They are rebuilding so they have a young group to start with at least.

The Kings have never been shown to be able to draft, though. Their only recent success was lucking into Isaiah Thomas and they let him go for nothing.

Divac says he had a much better trade offer for Cousins two days ago and he figured the deals would only get worse as the deadline got closer. Seems like he saw what he lost (whatever that was), and overreacted. Maybe not, but that is what it looks like from here.

Shouldn't trades get better as the deadline approaches, as teams get more desperate? I guess it is telling that the Kings were desperate to move on and/or did not correctly leverage Cousins actual value.

The Kings have never been shown to be able to draft, though. Their only recent success was lucking into Isaiah Thomas and they let him go for nothing.

Willie Cauley Stine isn't a bad player... if he plays for the Kings....

I can't wait to see how the Bulls one up the Kings for who has the shittiest front office in regards to Jimmy Butler.

Add me to the list of people who thinks it's addition by subtraction for the Kings.

Oh come on, ya bucket-hat-wearin' goob.

• Upvote 1

​While you are not wrong, you can't take that attitude if you are the Kings. They've had Cousins for a while and couldn't get into the playoffs once with him as the center piece, he's likely bolting soon so they got something in return and are rebuilding. It sucks, but it's not the end of the world.