Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

blots doesn't mention the large portion of sexists who voted for Hillary because she is a female. #Ngata_Sexist

ohhhhhhhhhhhh shit, no he didn't hahahaha

f45fcbce854193a7f67468ae2bb02598_you-got

Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

lol that wasn't a diss or anything. I just get the feeling a lot of people think I'm a moron and/or nothing but some tin foil hat wearing "conspiracy theorist" Just wanted qualify my statements with something other than being one of those "read it online or saw it on youtube" dudes. I've read a lot of political and historical shit, like first hand documents and newspapers and books on the subject. All I was trying to say.

I wasn't saying it was bad or good, just that it was exactly how I would imagine you would defend a position of yours.

BJERN with the LEFT!

There is so much truth being posted in this thread. It makes my soul happy. :yep:

I think the DNC pushed Hilldog because they knew she could raise a lot of money and make them rich and they didn't even consider it a possibility they could lose. This is why money in politics is arguably the most important issue in the country because for anything good to happen campaign finance reform must happen. It's the same reason Nancy Pelosi continues to hold leadership positions despite failing time and time again. One thing she never fails to do is raise money, hence her position of power.

• Upvote 1

17862270_10211814687139129_4911393662455

I don't think a lot of people who were Bernie supporters went out and voted for Trump. I do think they sat at home because they didn't really care.

To me, this nails it. When it comes to general elections, we talk a lot about winning "independents," the middle voters whose political allegiance sways between elections. But it's just as important to get your own base fired up. Hillary lost Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, AND Pennsylvania. Was that just Trump dominating among undecided voters? No, it was Democrats staying home.

17522626_1778908395453464_67380571241863

Anyone who disagrees with universal healthcare is just delusional at this point.

Sometimes universal healthcare doesn't cover drugs. Depends where you go.

I don't hate the idea of universal healthcare, in theory. I do think OUR government will fuck it up, though, if it was implemented. My level of trust in our government NOT to fuck up basic shit is in the negatives at this point.

^This

Our government makes everything more complex than it has to be.

Universal healthcare would be interesting, but the government would find some way to make a profit off of it for sure.

We'd probably pay more in for the least return in any system anywhere.

One thing is for sure... the shit I posted can't continue. That should be posted on every billboard and news outlet in America until it is a source of personal embarrassment for every single person in the U.S. Even a shitty universal system would still be affordable for people.

Even a shitty universal system would still be affordable for people.

I agree with your overall sentiment, Sarge but people start dying while on waiting lists when the system is shitty. How much different is that than dying because medicine is unaffordable? To the person dying, and their family the end result is the same.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Yeah I think we go back to campaign finance reform ultimately with the cost of health care. A bill that would allow people to get their drugs from Canada was jus shot down by a bunch of bought and paid for congressmen. Our health care will continue to be exorbitantly high so long as these corporations cab buy influence no matter what system we have. I don't understand how you could sleep at night if you're in any way responsible for something like that.

Yeah, look at Prop 61 in California.. Big Pharma spent hundreds of millions defeating it, and naturally won... We are run by big banks, big drug companies, etc.

Like GA, I don't disagree with the idea of universal healthcare. But I don't trust our government to enact something like that. They'd still come out on top, people would still suffer. That's assuming drug companies would let it pass to begin with -- and if they did, something is obviously very wrong. if they fight it hard and lose -- then I will know somethign somewhat OK is being put into effect.

This is probably an Oochy question, but is there any way we could throw the overwhelming majority of our politicians in jail, or do they have a loophole ?

I'm sure if audited the IRS could put a lot of them in federal prison lol

I agree with your overall sentiment, Sarge but people start dying while on waiting lists when the system is shitty. How much different is that than dying because medicine is unaffordable? To the person dying, and their family the end result is the same.

I think the idea is less people would die/have shitty lives. Always a good thing, right?

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte.

"Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated," Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television.

"This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities," she added, speaking in Italian.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBRE94409Z20130505?irpc=932

Edited by Favre4Ever

I think the idea is less people would die/have shitty lives. Always a good thing, right?

Of course that's a good thing BUT I'm not sure that's how it goes. If we make it worse instead of better and MORE people die/have shitty lives because of the kind of thing that happened with the VA or some other bureaucratic bs not only did we screw over the country.l, but also took power away from the people to be in charge of their own lives in the process. Death by a thousand cuts and what not. Our federal government is so bloated and inefficient and corrupt and awful in so many ways. Everyone is in bed with the money and we will all get screwed no matter what your ideological stance is.

• Upvote 1

So what do you propose then? Maintaining the current course of action is not acceptable.

I really don't think this happens in any country where universal healthcare exists.

What does happen is you get on long waiting lists for things that everyone needs- like flu shots, check ups, physicals, etc.

I have multiple Canadian friends and this has been their experience as well. Try setting up a physical a week in advance? Good fucking luck.

But if you have an emergency, or a life threatening condition, they don't put you on a waiting list.

Think about the waiting list thing like this: The GOP solution is to have *less* people that can afford to get healthcare, which thus cuts down on the number of people who are waiting to be treated. They're literally leaving them by the wayside. Yeah, you're gonna have waiting lists for the little things, its a simple matter of number of patients per doctor. The only real solution for this to have more doctors, not less patients.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1