Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Might be that whole Every citizen gets a gun thing.

We keep getting attacked at home man. It's getting crazy.

Stopping a terrorist attack is a whole different animal than building a strong national defense here at home.

Agreed with Than here. National defense seems to speak more to missile and military defenses. The former are tricky, and we likely won't have useful ICBM deterrents for a long time, but invading and occupying the US is basically impossible.

I think one good example, is seeing how easily Russia infiltrated and influenced our citizens here with propaganda. I still contend that they didn't actually change any outcomes (until prove says otherwise), but the fact that they have the capabilities without our stopping them is pretty scary

Edited by Olenna4Ever
  • Upvote 1

What scares me is that a large faction of our society is stupid enough to be swayed by shit they see on social media.

Ya for sure, but propoaganda is and has been a thing for hundreds of years for a reason. It works. And it isnt like its always in your face. The most effective use sometimes are just subliminal messaging

At this point we're allowing the New York Times to print material damning the President with no credible evidence (referring to story saying Trump said all Haitian immigrants have AIDS and that no Nigerian Immigrants will go back to their huts after seeing America). Pretty much everybody at the meeting this supposedly occurred at has already called bullshit on the report. Something tells me they would have withheld this story if a Democrat was in office.

I think one good example, is seeing how easily Russia infiltrated and influenced our citizens here with propaganda. I still contend that they didn't actually change any outcomes (until prove says otherwise), but the fact that they have the capabilities without our stopping them is pretty scary

Yeah it has definitely involved. At this point it's an industry that is used by both business and the government and religion. Freud really fucked us guys.

At this point we're allowing the New York Times to print material damning the President with no credible evidence (referring to story saying Trump said all Haitian immigrants have AIDS and that no Nigerian Immigrants will go back to their huts after seeing America). Pretty much everybody at the meeting this supposedly occurred at has already called bullshit on the report. Something tells me they would have withheld this story if a Democrat was in office.

We're also letting a President lie with every other word out of his mouth.

You know the difference between this orange embarassment in the White House and the media? If the media is shown to be wrong, they print retractions, (unless they are Faux News, ofc). The President and this administration just keep on lying through their teeth.

The guy he picked to be ambassador to the Netherlands, for example, claimed Muslim immigrants were burning cars and that the Dutch police literally had no go zones. This was back in 2015. When a dutch journalist confronted him on this last week he said, "I never said that, that's what you would call fake news." The journalist then played the clip back to him, and said, "Now you just called this fake news" and the man responded, "I did not call it fake news" and then proceeded to deny that he had denied saying that.

All in the same interview over the span of about ten minutes.

This administration has an objective war on reality and the truth in a way that no other administration has ever done because they are so bold and brazen about their lies. At this point anyone who is actively supporting Trump and the nonsense he and his people are pulling is flat out delusional.

The GOP as a whole is also resorting to insulting their constituents. Ted Cruz called anyone who though Net Neutrality was a good thing a "snowflake" in a tweet.

Edited by Thanatos

I wish I could read your posts OSU... :p

Also, USA is cutting almost 300M dollars from it's UN budget. Great move. Thankful... cut more!

• Upvote 2

If I remembered what it was, I'd edit it back in lol

Edited by OSUViking
  • Upvote 1

We're also letting a President lie with every other word out of his mouth.

You know the difference between this orange embarassment in the White House and the media? If the media is shown to be wrong, they print retractions, (unless they are Faux News, ofc). The President and this administration just keep on lying through their teeth.

The guy he picked to be ambassador to the Netherlands, for example, claimed Muslim immigrants were burning cars and that the Dutch police literally had no go zones. This was back in 2015. When a dutch journalist confronted him on this last week he said, "I never said that, that's what you would call fake news." The journalist then played the clip back to him, and said, "Now you just called this fake news" and the man responded, "I did not call it fake news" and then proceeded to deny that he had denied saying that.

All in the same interview over the span of about ten minutes.

This administration has an objective war on reality and the truth in a way that no other administration has ever done because they are so bold and brazen about their lies. At this point anyone who is actively supporting Trump and the nonsense he and his people are pulling is flat out delusional.

The GOP as a whole is also resorting to insulting their constituents. Ted Cruz called anyone who though Net Neutrality was a good thing a "snowflake" in a tweet.

Irrelevant to the Times publishing a damning piece with no sufficient evidence. It's almost a non sequitur

Irrelevant to the Times publishing a damning piece with no sufficient evidence. It's almost a non sequitur

It's not irrelevant when the GOP is allowed to lie through their teeth over and over again and people are apparently just going to say "welp I guess that's how things are now" and then the Times publishes a piece sourced by an anonymous person and apparently that is awful.

Why would anyone at that meeting confirm the Times report publicly? That would be tantamount to political and career suicide at this point.

My point is, the Times is a very reliable source. The Trump admin is known for lying over and over again and refusing to ever retract their statements, and when the Times makes a mistake they do issue retractions.

If its just the Times word vs the Trump administration, I'm going with the people who don't lie 70% of the time.

It's also not like this would be out of character for Trump, we have a confirmed instance of him throwing a fit and generalizing refugees coming into this country from his conversation with the Australian PM.

Edited by Thanatos

I'm not usually one for these type of repost image thingers, but this one made me do the :notbad: face.

23130778_1128789240587272_43469260260201

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

dawg

I remember what I said this time.

It was: thought provoking, but still very black and white in terms of thinking.

Why / how do you blank post?

I have no idea. I have absolutely zero control over when it shows up and when it doesn't.

Mobile/Desktop?

It's happened on both.

Wondering what people think about Iliza Shlesinger holding a show for women only. A guy and some friends bought a ticket (I presume online) in which it said women only.. But got there early and one of the employees said he would have to sit in the back (yikes.. lol). They went to eat before returning for the show where they were denied entry and given refunds.

The guys has since hired a lawyer and filed a lawsuit.

Why did she make her show women only?

(Firing a lawsuit is really stupid, btw, when the show is advertised for women only, you should expect that to be the case.)

Meh, I could care less, honestly. The guy got a refund. Let her put on a show for women only. She's really hot though. If she was smart she'd try to go after men as an audience.