Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

How's that? I mean to some extent or another we all agree it should not be banned.

I mean I guess in that way,nobody will change their mind so it will go nowhere.

What's wrong with the way it's done now? Safe, regulated, humane.
  • Upvote 1

I see what you're saying but it a hell if a lot more humane than what people will do to have abortions illegally as some have mentioned. Maybe if the morning after pill and condoms were made free.

I could deal with that. And you're right about it being barely more Humane but more Humane none the less. That is really the only reason I am for them. They will happen anyway, might as well make it safe for the one who wants to have the abortion.

Bware, I totally get where you're coming from with the responsibility aspect of this... but don't you agree that it would be irresponsible to have a child if you think you won't be able to handle it?

Two wrongs don't make a right. It's irresponsible to become unexpectedly pregnant in the first place because that about guarantees that contraception of some kind was not being used.

Secondly, why should "I don't know if I can handle this" end with "so kill it"?

Edited by BwareDWare94

I see what you're saying but it a hell if a lot more humane than what people will do to have abortions illegally as some have mentioned. Maybe if the morning after pill and condoms were made free.

I understand that but these are rare circumstances. What's more humane? To understand that a tiny amount of people will seek out illegal abortions unsafely or to guarantee safely but also guarantee exponentially more abortions?

Now that I am home and not working, I have had a little time to sit down and think about this subject a bit more. On the ride home I was thinking about the viewpoint of people realizing they would be horrible parents and that an abortion seems like a solid choice for them to go with. I have a few things on this. The first, it is impossible to know until you carry it and watch it born. I can not impress enough how life changing it is. You may think you would be horrible, but you could turn out to be great at it. I myself, are a terribly flawed man, and have been as far back as I can remember. When my son was born, I was an alcoholic(half gallon of bourbon a night, minimum), a womanizer in the not so distant past, incredibly angry and always looking to fight, and I cared about no one but myself, to the point I could not care less about anybody's life or death but my own. So if there was a person who was unfit for parenthood I was it. Meeting my wife and her deciding I was a good man, but she would not put up with a petulant teenager helped a lot, having my son and a family to look out for, was monumental. I say that to say, that you NEVER know how you will be as a parent until the moment comes when you are responsible for another human life.

The next point is that why are there not more parenting classes for infants? I think having your first kid is such a terrifying experience, that most people panic. I was in my early 20's and I was fucking terrified that I was going to be a father. Abortion was never an option for me, but I was certain my life was over. I had no fucking idea what to expect. The only thing I knew was I loved my wife and I would do what I have to in order to keep her, even if it meant putting up with a kid I thought was going to end my life. So we went to parenting classes, prenatal classes, birthing classes, and a lot of other ones, and I developed a few tips and tricks of my own to get myself ready. When the baby was born I was no longer terrified, I was still scared but more in the sense that I was not going to fuck it up, then it was about my life ending. Infants are a bunch of work, but it is also not all the crying and whining, and no sleep and no sex, and no parties, and no anything that I though it would be. Sure there was shitty diapers but really I spent maybe 30 minutes of my day changing diapers, and another 30 feeding it. The rest of the time I was just chilling with my little dude.

I think we need FREE classes on how to do it with volunteers who are parents, and child psychologists, and possibly even psychologists to help soon to be parents cope with the anxiety and provide some insight and some calming of the nerves that everything is not indeed over. I can see how being a 17 year old girl and being pregnant with a skeezy douchebags baby, who you know wont help would be terrifying. I could see why she would seriously consider and abortion. It has to be a lonely and hopeless feeling. Which brings me to my last and most important point.

A support structure. I think this might actually lead to more abortions that shitty decisions. People who have no support structures who are truly alone in this quest are likely to be the worst parents because they have no none to show them the way, they have no one to help when they are stressed, and they have no one to tell them it is going to be an awesome experience in the long run. I am finding out from my brother and my sister that I was a support structure. My brother has a boy who is close in age to my son, and my sister has a little girl. They would drop them off all the time, and I would just chill with my niece and nephew, but apparently I was providing a much needed break from their children, and my parents do the same thing for them. So if a person has someone who is older and kind of knows the ropes, and tells them,"Hey, I got your back, we will get through it together, and I will help as needed." I think you would see much less panic, and less abortions personally.

Now how you fix that I dont know. You can not legislate it, you cant force people to help, I dont know what you do personally. Quit being fucking shitty to people with kids and let the kids chill with you so the parents can relax I guess.

EDIT: And absolutely FUCKING CRUSH absent parents. I am talking throw their asses in jail, release them on work release to a halfway house, and make them get a job and garnish the fuck outta them until they pay for their kid. I mean make them so fucking miserable they would rather be dead than there, and then give them the option to not be an absolute piece of shit parent. More than politics, more than liberals, more than money, more than uncouth people, and more than stepping on legos I fucking hate absent parents. Like to the point I wish they were dead, but that only exacerbates the problem. If you have a kid do your part god damn it. how people abandon kids is the most disgusting and sick thing a human being can do, that isnt criminal.

Edited by Omerta
  • Upvote 1

I highly doubt Ron Paul is running his own twitter... lol. Shit came form 4chan anyway, I highly doubt Ron Paul goes to or knows what 4chan is. lol.

People should be smarter.

I mean, Ron paul has a history of..."racial incidents" to put it lightly.

Trump picks, probably the "swampiest" judge to succeed Anthony Kennedy. Not shocking.Also, while watching some coverage before the announcement. I was flipping back and forth between stations and don't remember who it was, but someone suggested that Clarence Thomas might retire so that Trump can fill his seat with a younger conservative. That's the first I heard about Thomas thinking about retiring...

If that happens, wow. And I don't wish ill on anyone, but if RBG kicks the bucket..... That SC is gonna be iron tight unless there is some unforeseen movement to more centrist policies from a nomination made by Trump (which has happened quite a few times under Republican presidents).

EDIT:

This nomination also let's Trump throw another uber conservative into the DC district judge seat, which is a very powerful position -- 4 of the 9 SCTOUS are held by judges coming from the DC district court.

Kind of obvious but definitely the biggest "power play" possible.

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever

Elections matter

Bullets, not ballots. :D

I dislike using the word bullying, because it seems like it only applies when the people threatening boycotts are on the other side of the political aisle.

Normally, on this issue, I'd agree with you. But for this specific role and specific movie, I think casting a woman as him just undercuts him entirely. That was the entire issue while he was alive, and even his obituary and different documentary misgendered him by calling him a woman.

Not at all saying Scarlett couldn't play him just fine, but I think they have a point with this one.

Oh btw trump threw the US under the bus in order to suck up to Putin. I know I'm the only one here bothered by the fact that our president is obviously under control of the kremlin, but I just thought it was worth bringing up.

What should US policy/response to Russian election interference? Opperating under the assumption that all allegations against Russia are true, Trump is impeeched and Pence is in office. What would be the best course of action for him regardless of what you think he'd actually do?

Oh btw trump threw the US under the bus in order to suck up to Putin. I know I'm the only one here bothered by the fact that our president is obviously under control of the kremlin, but I just thought it was worth bringing up.

virtue-signaling-meme.jpg

A guy I worked with previously, on Facebook actually said we should declare war on Russia and get boots on the ground....

I try to be as open-minded as my small brain allows me to... But if that is your opinion, please STFU.

virtue-signaling-meme.jpg

Not that that term hasn't always been stupid, but you clearly don't even understand what it means.

Edit: and Favre I agree boots on the ground in Russia would be an awful idea at the moment. Doesn't mean the us should be a puppet state of theirs.

Edited by blotsfan
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, you telling everyone how superior you are in a very,"look at me" way hoping others will share your outrage.

I think I've got it covered. It's funny you didn't deny that was your intent either.

My opinion is if we're assuming it's all true then it was a result of our own incompetence. Prosecute everyone guilty, beef up security and make sure it doesn't happen again.

My question is why does the media not look into Saudi Arabia for buying influence with Trump to ensure their help in the genocide of the people of Yemen? This is what can happen when elections are for sale. I think you can use Trump to attack the system but there aren't many people out there in the media world who are interested in that for obvious reasons.

Not that that term hasn't always been stupid, but you clearly don't even understand what it means.

Edit: and Favre I agree boots on the ground in Russia would be an awful idea at the moment. Doesn't mean the us should be a puppet state of theirs.

You aren't wrong.. but how do we get that point across?Do we just cut off trade and isolate ourselves (from them)? Trade is relatively TINY between us and if we make a power play like that and they hit American companies over there... We're just hurting ourselves. And God forbid they call on us to pay them for the debt they own of ours. Again, tiny compared to like.. China, but still wouldn't be good.